Mothering Forum banner

Pre or False-labor sucks!!

675 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  aishy 
#1 ·
36w today.... I keep having spells of regular BH, last night they were every 2-3 mins for 1 1/2 mins for 3 hours. No pain so I did not call my m/w.

This morning they wake me up, this time maybe 10 minutes apart, cannot sleep through them, not "painful" but def uncomfortable and not something I could sleep through. They finally petered out after an hour.

This afternoon, when I was taking a BM they started getting pretty uncomfortable and a lot stronger, so I called my m/w to give her a heads up as well as get ideas on how to stop them, so now I am drinking water and laying down.

Problem is, I am not cleared for a h/b until after my home visit on the 13th, I may be able to reschedule it for the 9th when I am 37w0d.

It's not fair, I want my baby now, but not this early and not in the hospital so the last thing I want is for these to pick up. Being an "end-of-the-monther" sucks!

#3 ·
I do the same thing when I haven't drank enough water. I just hope that all these little runs of "false labor" are at least prepping things and aligning baby. It is irritating though. At least with real contrax you know something is happeneing, these little ones you are stuck wondering if it's doing anything or just making you miserable lol

#4 ·
I totally agree with you, preterm labor/BH sucks...alot.

I've been having menstrual like cramping every 5 min for about 1 min for the past hour, I've been drinking water and walking to try to get them to go away. Can't lay down because I'm at work...which makes it even worse! I keep thinking, "Well, what if this is it, I should go home" but then I think "I can't go home for false labor. I'll feel like an idiot." Meanwhile my concentration is out the window.

Off to refill my cup, again.

#5 ·
Hope the water and laying down helps some.

Another thing that works for me when I'm getting a lot of tightening is to have DH (or myself, but it works better when it's someone else) stroke my belly while I lay on my side, moving from (what was once my) waist toward my belly button. Might be worth trying for the BH/pre-labor even if it doesn't work because it just feels nice

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabbyquilts View Post
What do they do at your home visit to "clear" you. I know you are new with your midwife, but do you think she would come if you needed her no matter what? Did you get all the stuff on you ginourmous list done? j/k Did you at least get some of your home birth stuff done?
They basically check your h/b supplies and legally call you low risk enough to have a baby at home. I think in Colorado you have to be 37w AND low-risk to have a babe at home, but don't quote me on that because I have not specifically asked "what happens if it happens on X date".

I think she would come even if I was not 37 weeks, but she may transfer me, OR she just may tell me to go to the Hospital. I think in the case she calls me too high risk I will either be discharged from her practice, or she would basically take on a doula role and transfer me.

Other than sanitizing the birth tub hose and laying out tarps and such, I am 100% ready and have all of my supplies.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
I totally agree with you, preterm labor/BH sucks...alot.

I've been having menstrual like cramping every 5 min for about 1 min for the past hour, I've been drinking water and walking to try to get them to go away. Can't lay down because I'm at work...which makes it even worse! I keep thinking, "Well, what if this is it, I should go home" but then I think "I can't go home for false labor. I'll feel like an idiot." Meanwhile my concentration is out the window.

Off to refill my cup, again.

I totally agree .....
I cried to DH the other night, when I had loads of contractions. I did not want to go into the hospital, because
a) it's too early for me
b) I did not want to be sent home
c) I was scared I was actually in labor (crazy, I know)

I think what bothers me about the pre/false labor the most is the uncertainty ....it undermines my self confidence
:

#9 ·

I had that the other night as well, the pain and contrax lasted about 2 hours or so then *poof* went away. I'm not too dissapointed because I was only 35 weeks, but if I'm going to go through that at 3 am - I want it to do something!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.