the still unnamed baby's birth story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After two weeks of false labor, when I started having contractions saturday night, I didn't think anything of it. I went to sleep, woke an hour later still having contractions. They weren't bad, just annoying enough so I couldn't sleep. I got dh and dd up, we cleaned the house, just in case. I called my mw at around 1 am and she tld me to call when they were 4 min apart and a full minute a piece. That never happened. At 3:30 am I called back and asked her to come. They were happening sometimes at 2 min, sometimes at 12, sometimes intense, sometimes not. So the mw and her asst came, we hung out, chatted, it wasn't going anywhere so around 7ish they told me to go for a short walk. I came back a few minutes later and asked when I could get into the tub. My mw said she'd check me (she hadn't yet) because we didn't want to risk me getting too relaxed and stalling labor. She was stunned to find me 9cm! So, I gt into the tub and we were just waiting fr my water to break. At this point, I was still sometimes going 10 min between contractions, though they were all very strong. My water still wasn't breaking so she told me if I felt like pushing to go with it. I did and after a few contractions/pushing, I felt my water bust as it was exiting! It was such a strange feeling becuase it literally burst right by my labia. I asked them to see if they could see how much further the baby had to go and my mw told me to try to touch my baby, I reached down and the head was just barely inside! It was so strange to feel my baby actually come out. My other two were so controlled by everyone else that I was really disconnected. This was so different. When I touched his head I could feel him squiggle around. Anyway, that was motivation to push. I do remember thinking that the pain was literally unbearable and I was definitely making a lot of noise. I was in a squatting position (by far the best position for pushing) and my mw gave me two options fr actual birth positions, one for me to catch and the other for dh to catch. I asked dh to catch, I knew he wanted to and I also was overwhelmed by the pain. So I pushed his head out and on the next contraction he was born! Dh grabbed him, gently removed the cord from his neck, and placed him on my chest. Less than 3 min later the placenta came. At that point, we decided to look between the legs and to my surprise, it was a boy! I was convinced it was a girl, dh knew it was a boy. Anyway, we left the placenta attached until it stopped pulsing, about 45 minutes later. He nursed right away for like 20 minutes straight! Then we weighed him, 8lb 6oz, 22 inches long, full head of auburn hair, and completely perfect! Gotta go, he's crying!
#2 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 AM

What an amazing and beautiful story!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#3 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM

How sweet! Enjoy your babymoon!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#4 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 08:41 AM

What an awesome birth story!

Congratulations!

Amy
#5 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 AM

amazing!!! have a great babymoon!
#6 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 09:15 AM

And there is no textbook birth Congratulations!!!!
#7 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM

Awww, lovely birth story That 9 cm must have been a nice surprise, LOL! Congrats and happy babymooning!!!
#8 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Thanks for sharing your story! It's wonderful to see how different births/labor can be.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#9 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 AM

Congratulations! enjoy your baby moon
#10 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 AM

what a wonderful birth!!! congrats mama!

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#11 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Oh wow! I never had regular contractions with my first (hospital) and they gave me all sorts of interventions because of it. It is nice to know that babies come even if contractions never regulate! Thank you for sharing your wonderful birth experience with us. Enjoy your babymoon.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#12 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Thanks for sharing his/your birth story with us. Golly, 9 cm at your first check, how wonderful. Happy babymooning mama.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page