siblings patiently awaiting.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i thought it would be nice to share a story about my 9 year old son tonite.
He went into his room and pulled out his collection of rocks, which he told me were "fortune telling rocks" and begins to roll them around on the floor.

After a few minutes, he looks at me and says "well mommy, the rocks say Olivia will be here in 1 week and 3 days." (this would put me a day after my EDD of the 18th). I smiled and said, "well, we will see in 1 week and 3 days then, won't we?" I couldn't stop smiling about it and how creative and cute it was for him to guess that way.

Every day, both my boys eagerly ask me if "today is the day" and I know the wait is starting to get to them. I try so hard to remain the example of patience, but inside....I'm cheering for labor as hard as they are right now. lol
#2 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 02:04 AM

Oh my goodness, how cute! And I LOVE the name Olivia, it was in my top 3!

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#3 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 02:28 AM

Awww that is sooo incredibly sweet! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you do indeed have 10 days left.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#4 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 04:18 AM

awww! My older three are in the same boat...well my oldest is dreading having a baby in the house (he's 12) but the other two are very excited. My four year old especially kisses and rubs the belly daily, even when I don't feel like being touched lol. He talks about the baby and talks to the baby all the time. He has a tough concept of time, but he knows its getting close. It's kinda hard to not be able to tell them when at that age. I just keep saying that baby Oliver is going to pick his own birthday...and then he gives me all the reasons Oliver should pick today...lol it's sunny, he's happy, his favorite cartoon is on etc etc...it's so adorable. I just hope he's still that excited once the baby makes his debut and is crying and screaming and not so much fun all the time lol.
#5 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 08:40 AM

My 4 year old and I got into a discussion of when the baby was coming. I said "Grandma and Grandpa are coming on Sunday. I will be having the baby on Monday and you will finally get to meet her." He says, "Will we have lunch first?" Thats all this child can think about is food! He sets his timeline not by going to sleep, but by eating!

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#6 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 AM

That is so sweet!

My oldest, too, wonders every day if that is the day to meet baby (I think he is mostly excited for the birth pool to get blown up and to see the placenta, which he cannot stop talking about).

Amy
#7 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 10:04 AM

Aww, so sweet! We'll definitely see soon enough is his fortune telling rocks were right.

DS and DD are soooooo anxious for the baby to arrive. Everyday, at multiple intervals throughout the day, they both come up to me, lift up my shirt, give my belly a little squeeze and say, "Baby!!! When are you going to come out to play with me?" Maybe a little peer pressure from big brother and sister will help coax this one out?!

Mama to my 3 wild things.

#8 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Aww, that's so sweet!
#9 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 10:27 AM

What a sweetie!

My DS is a little confused about what a due date actually is. He calls it 'the baby's birthday'. We've been working for a week now on reminding him that the baby will come whenever he's ready and it might not be on that exact day.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#10 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 AM

thats so sweet!

my dd yesterday told me to push the baby out when i was in the bath and then later when we picked her up from my inlaws she said mama where is the baby? i think she thinks when she goes to grandmas a baby will just magically appear.
#11 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Ds2 was pushing on my belly, going "Baby get out!"

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#12 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Dd2 (will be 3 on Tuesday) keeps telling my belly *baby come out, so hug you kiss you!!* Her voice gets higher with each word. It's very cute.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#13 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyaebi View Post
That is so sweet!

My oldest, too, wonders every day if that is the day to meet baby (I think he is mostly excited for the birth pool to get blown up and to see the placenta, which he cannot stop talking about).

Amy
LOL Amy...such a boy...such a boy...my husband keeps talking about placenta too, the nutcase. Last pregnancy we had to keep his mom at bay, she wanted to take my placenta...either to eat for or give to someone to eat (either option grosses me out)...she thinks of it like the meat isle at the grocery store and cant imagine us tossing it, so she gets all weird about it. It started many of placenta jokes, and just plain curiosity between dh and I. He even took pics of it last time and made me look at it even though I had no interest. lol. I told him he can play with it all he wants but we are keeping and disposing of it, no giving it away. OY!!
#14 of 14 Old 05-10-2008, 02:25 PM

My daughter is so over anxious right now...she keeps saying, "What's wrong with my brother? Why won't he come out already? His due date is passed!!!!"

We read a book in the midwife's office called Baby Come Out and she swears that was the worst idea and that it possibly gave him the idea to stay in. LOL

Here's a preview of the book...I think it is adorable.

http://books.google.com/books?id=sLboQuAcI7MC&dq=baby+come+out&pg=PP1&ots= IEJ8BKT_zG&sig=LECa4GMOhLnVcR0Yr-5CkaUR4M0&hl=en&prev=http://www.google.com/search%3Fq%3Dbaby%2Bcome%2Bout%26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26client%3Dfirefox-a&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail

Almost crunchy but sometimes soggy, homeschooling mommy of 2. biggrinbounce.gif

I work from home and love showing others how to do it too!

http://www.empoweredhomeschooler.com  computergeek2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page