Mothering Forum banner

Those of us left...anyone kind of expect...

453 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  amyaebi 
#1 ·
...SROM, just based on the May DDC's track record?
I think it's CRAZY how many gals we've had who've started by having their water break. Statistically it's nuts! So I keep thinking maybe I should just stop watching for everything else and just wait for my water to break.
(kidding, of course)

See less See more
#2 ·
lol, yeah okay I've been paying closer attn to wetness levels. I have never had srom so I'm doubtful. I think maybe alot of women do spring small leaks, but labor starts so soon that they maybe don't notice. I have this theory that our gals are not only more attentive to their bodies, but also have less distractions going on and are more aware of small tears/leaks. Course when it really busts open there's no ignoring that :p

No broken water for me so far. I'm not gonna hold my breath. Although it would be nice, it also seems kinda stressful as alot of gals don't get contrax going for 12 hours or more later. I think I would worry too much, just because it's my first homebirth.

#3 ·
Yeah, I really DON'T want my water to break prior to ctx...even though it was a different situation with DD and my membranes were ruptured by someone else 4hours into labor, that's the point that it got excrutiatingly painful and I'd really like to labor as long as possible before that happens!!

#8 ·
I'm expecting that my water will break this time, but I hope it doesn't happen. I've been taking extra Vit C for a while because I don't want to be watching the clocking waiting for labor to kick in like I did last time.

Amy

ETA: I actually have "scares" nearly every day that I am leaking -- even this morning I stood up from the toilet (after wiping) and had liquid run down my leg. Guess waters aren't broken because I haven't felt anymore leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.