Still Preggo Check in 5/18 - 5/25 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hugs seren I will send all my labor vibes your way. I think my mind has decided that I am not actually going to have a baby I just got a big wiggly belly that will last forever. I really dont feel like he is coming anytime soon. hopefully I am wrong. Ordered me a sling. excited for that.

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 PM

I cannot believe it! Good luck!!!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Whoo-hoo! ELV : for all of you who are having labor signs!!!!!

None here, though I lost another chunk of my mucous plug. Since that's been happening for about 2 months now it doesn't excite me anymore.

I am TERRIBLY emotional though, it's crazy. All I want to do is go to bed and cry, but I really can't give a reason. : Yesterday I was fine and actually amazed at how chipper I was and how much I got done around the house - I surprised myself and my DH. Today I'm the opposite. I don't remember being this way with my other two. Anyone else like this? We had our consult with the Neuro today but he didn't really tell us anything we don't already know.........so I don't think that's it...

Bless my mother, she had my 5 year old most of the afternoon so I could nap when my 2 year old did. I woke up from a crappy nap and felt terrible and just bawled. She watched the boys and then DH made dinner when he got home. She took C for a sleep over at her house tonight too. I don't know what I would do without all of her help.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
Old 05-19-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy View Post
I am TERRIBLY emotional though, it's crazy. All I want to do is go to bed and cry, but I really can't give a reason. : Yesterday I was fine and actually amazed at how chipper I was and how much I got done around the house - I surprised myself and my DH. Today I'm the opposite. I don't remember being this way with my other two. Anyone else like this?
This is totally me. I am normally an even-tempered person but lately I've been having an emotional breakdown every few days. My last one was Saturday so I hope I can hold off for a few more days before I have another.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Hoping some of our past-"date" mamas go tonight! I'm sure you are all way more miserable than I am, I've still got over a week to my due date. I'm so sore & just done.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottecat View Post
hugs seren I will send all my labor vibes your way. I think my mind has decided that I am not actually going to have a baby I just got a big wiggly belly that will last forever. I really dont feel like he is coming anytime soon. hopefully I am wrong. Ordered me a sling. excited for that.
Understand the feeling. Just call me perpetually pregnant....

-Angela
Old 05-20-2008, 12:47 AM

This full moon stuff is a bust!

Meh, I'm going to bed. That always seems to get me contracting.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
My oldest son woke me up at 6:30 this morning, and there is no way I can go back to bed now.... BUT it was for a good reason, he had found and captured our missing kitty in the back yard! He was gone a full week and is acting like he was VERY homesick.
YAY!!!!! :

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally'smom View Post
Oh, hurray for the full moon! My water just broke, I can't believe it. I hope several of us are so lucky tonight!!!!!
wooohooo, ELVS!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:25 AM

Woohoo Ally's mom! Here's sending you ELV's :

I have my 40 wk. mw appt tomorrow. (I'd rather have a baby instead *sigh*) but I think I'll ask for a v/e just to see where the jumping off point is. I still have not lost my plug and I know that I don't necessarily need to see it for it to have happened. But, I'd feel better knowing that at least I was opening up a bit. Hmm. . got lots of cleaning done today too. Woohoo! Now if there was only a way to freeze my kids and the house intact. .

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 AM

had cramps all morning which then turned into hard contractions which then lasted only an hour or so, still felt weird for the rest of the day and by evening they were back and coming strong, timing them about 1min long and five apart for two hours, got the pool ready to be filled and stopped there so i could go for a shower which then turned into a bath....WHICH TOOK ALL THE CONTRACTIONS AWAY!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........i feel today all i wanna do is cry, i felt so close, we all did,and then slept all night, not even up for the bathroom and this morning feeling great!!! what is this??? the full moon didn't work, and i know i still have six days until EDD but come on already, yesterday was such a hard blow!

bellycast.gif Mama of DD 04/04 dust.gifand DS 06/08 superhero.gif and Lola our new dog2.gifwith new babyf.gif EDD 11/05/13. Married to the love of my life and best friend DH joy.gifand as a family we treehugger.gif , goorganic.jpg novaxnocirc.gif h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM

Now entering day 12 of irregular contractions. They'll get all close together & strong, and then just fade away. Last Wednesday I was 3 cm & 50% effaced. Lost most of my mucuos plug Friday & continued to lose bit thru the weekend. I know these are signs that things could happen soon, but I am seriously on the verge of tears all the time. I'm just so drained from all of it. Also, my mother's daily calls freaking out are NOT helpful. I'm still working, trying to keep my mind off things, but since I was hoping not to be here this week maybe it's just depressing me more.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:07 PM

I *might* have had some mild cramps overnight... sigh.

Still here.

-Angela
Old 05-20-2008, 12:18 PM

dollyanna, I feel your pain!

Alegna, do you need a copy of the eviction notice my hubby printed for me yesterday? here's hoping those turn into something soon!

Allysmom, hope all is going well!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Cramps all morning, but I've been easily sleeping through them. Poo.

to anyone who is down/overdue. I think I'm just going to give up. State of PA says I can't be pg forever, right?

Old 05-20-2008, 02:08 PM

I've lurked some on this thread and wanted to say hi while I have handsfree. I'm sending comfortable pregnancy vibes and labour vibes respectively to all who need them. ++++++++++++
Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM

i'm still here and have been having mucas all day. we had sex last night which took me forever to relax but i will try anything now. i haven't had any bloody show though. i have lots of pressure and had cramps all night and a few today. i called doula just so she knew what was going on so in case anything were to happen she can get her kids to their fathers. i wrote midwife and she said things sounded like they were reing up but i know it could take days before anything happens. my edd is sat. hubby wants a day off work so he is looking forward for me to go into labor. i'm super exhausted and dd does not want to lay down.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM

still here. i just got off the phone with the OB and we decided to push the c-section back a week. i know it's the right decision, but i'm just SO tired of being pregnant, and it was so hard to willingly accept another week. please cross your fingers for me that i actually go into labor and have a VBAC and it's all worth it.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormajor View Post
still here. i just got off the phone with the OB and we decided to push the c-section back a week. i know it's the right decision, but i'm just SO tired of being pregnant, and it was so hard to willingly accept another week. please cross your fingers for me that i actually go into labor and have a VBAC and it's all worth it.

It'll be worth it!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:04 PM

I've been having prodromal labour off and on today and yesterday. I *think* I'm mostly ready, well, there are some big projects that are undone, but I *feel* ready, if that makes sense. I love this magical, twinkling feeling of getting ready to birth. I do wish I had managed to find a source for Shepherd's Purse, but hopefully I won't need it. I guess the placenta is my solution for bleeding.

So far nothing is regular, but it's certainly not comfortable. And I think the baby is dropping into place because every now and then I get this faint urge to push, which I think is just pressure on my cervix.

Hope I can make it to tomorrow's field trip with preschool - we go to an Alpaca farm and my Dad is coming!

I found a really neat link that talks about the full moon connection, btw:

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Moons-...birth&id=70253
Old 05-20-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm so sorry to say that I'm still with you guys. Had some laborish stuff last night that totally died and won't get restarted. So we're on to the castor oil, which is exactly what I had to do with dd (water broke, no labor, castor oil). That wound up in the hospital, but I don't think this will, I'm at least having some contractions here and there, just nothing to write home about yet.

I'm also sorry to see that the full moon was a bust for so many of us. Hugs all the way around.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally'smom View Post
I'm so sorry to say that I'm still with you guys. Had some laborish stuff last night that totally died and won't get restarted. So we're on to the castor oil, which is exactly what I had to do with dd (water broke, no labor, castor oil). That wound up in the hospital, but I don't think this will, I'm at least having some contractions here and there, just nothing to write home about yet.

I'm also sorry to see that the full moon was a bust for so many of us. Hugs all the way around.

Hope it gets going soon! :

Old 05-20-2008, 04:40 PM

i'm still here... boo... i am so ready for this baby! i plead with him and God every night! i thought last night could be it but obviously not. i am starting to think that i will be pregnant for ever... i haven't seen ant of my plug at a ll no bloody show... nothing. i have been crampy and felt all kinds of little twinges, but as i have never done this before, i don't really know what i'm looking for other than some REALLY obvious sign... BLAH!

Old 05-20-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormajor View Post

Old 05-20-2008, 06:50 PM

Been mildly cramping since yesterday. Had my last OB appt today, I'm 75% effaced and 2 cm....doesn't really mean much unless labor starts up!

Just hanging in there and seeing what happens!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:23 PM

Had an appointment today, everythings still good (bp, urine, iron). I decided not to get checked, seeing no point to it. Took the kids to see friends after and we had a blast walking to their neighborhood pool & swimming, my contracts even picked up and are 5 mins apart/1 min long, keeping me hopeful ...
Old 05-20-2008, 10:19 PM

Hi Lovely ladies, I'm new here, I've been reading for a bit but haven't posted yet. Today I'm 38 and 4 days, I had my midwife appt today, I never am in a good mood after them, she's always making me feel like I have a huge baby and she pokes and prods me like there's no tomorrow, today was especially bad, she decided to do a pelvic because she wasn't totally sure the head was down, said my cervix is thick and closed. How much does that really mean? It seems like everyone on here has been effacing and dilating for weeks, does it mean that I'm bound to be pregnant forever? She couldn't even tell if the baby was really head down so she want me to do an ultrasound tomorrow. Ughh...
Hope you're all going into labor or will shortly, and when you do, send a bit of those good labor vibes my way if you have some extra.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 PM

i wouldn't worry about the not dilated. women in second pregnancys usually dilate quicker. with my first i was induced right at where you are for medical reasons and i was closed tight. i think its odd though that your midwife is sending you in for an ultrasound but thats because mine is so laid back.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 PM

Wow, we just lost 2 to broken membranes tonight! Crazy.

I went and had the spiciest (as in spices, not heat) Indian food tonight. Even if it doesn't help, it was soooooooo good!

Can't tell if I'm having contractions or indigestion, but I DID see mucous for the first time today! Just white, no blood or anything, but it keeps me hopeful!

Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 PM

Thanks Jacey, I should've went with my gut and declined the pe, oh well. I thought it was weird too that she is scheduling me in for a scan, she seems really laid back for the most part, I think maybe she's just getting tired of midwifery and doesn't want to deal with the situation if the baby is in a bad position. She has me starting some naturopathic blue cohosh stuff, I feel like I can only do so many things to ripen my cervix, already drinking some herbal blend tea, taking pn-6(dr christopher's prenatal) walking and DTD as much as I can be up for it. You'd think it would be as ready as can be, just goes to show you you might as well just leave it all alone and let your body do its thing, next time maybe I'll take that aproach.

User Tag List