Still Preggo Check in 5/18 - 5/25 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pass the zen please... I could use some today...

feeling impatient...

-Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM

Rolling over in bed is so hard!If my hip didn't hurt so bad after a few hours I wouldn't move, but I HAVE to roll over. It is so not fun!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#123 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren View Post
Rolling over in bed is so hard!If my hip didn't hurt so bad after a few hours I wouldn't move, but I HAVE to roll over. It is so not fun!
I've realized that rolling over is a multiple-step process.

1. Ask oneself if one really needs to roll over.
2. Decide to roll over.
3. Ask oneself one more time, just to make sure.
4. Shift your butt so it's lying flat.
5. Shift your belly around so you're on your back.
6. Shift your butt again so it's on the other side.
7. Shift your belly around so you're on your side fully.
8. Release the breath you've been holding.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#124 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 PM

I almost think it's easier to roll to my hands and knees and roll over that way instead of on my back. It sure is a chore, either way you look at it!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#125 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM

Also still here. 39w5d. I'm still, thankfully, quite physically comfortable, but I've never been this big before - I've never been this far-along pregnant before! Both girls were born at 38w5d, both were 6lb13oz. My dh keeps looking at me and saying "Yep, 12 lbs" But then I won't be able to use the cute newborn diapers my friends all got me for my Birth Blessing!! I've never had small enough diapers in the very beginning before (well, they were small enough, but they looked huge) and now I do . . . and I bought the cutest little kimono and hat outfits, but they're for 5 to 9 lbs . . . plus because I'm UP/UC I'm terrified I might have to go in for stitches if I have a big one (even though I know logically that fat squishes).
*sigh*, realistically, I know I still look small (thanks to a freakishly long torso ), but baby's also so low now that I don't even see how it's possible for him to drop any more without coming right out (please?)
Also, I understand now why someone would choose to be induced - I'm not even 40 weeks and already I'm playing headgames with myself (what if the placenta's deteriorating? It was starting to, I think, with dd1 and she was born a week earlier . . . what if baby is in a funny position and I NEVER go into labour? What if, what if, what if . . . all really unlikely things . . . I almost feel like I'm looking for things to worry about at this point . . . hmm, I'll have to think about why that might be . . . )

Okay, 'nuff complaining - sorry
#126 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM

I *can't* roll over. just plain cant'. I have to slide to the edge of the bed, push up, go pee and come back to lay down the other way. Can NOT roll over. Not even wtih DH pushing the belly anymore. giganto-baby is just too big.
#127 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 07:28 PM

"giganto-baby"

That's a good one.

How're you feeling Christine?
#128 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 07:32 PM

seriously insane! my body has gone insane. I have no idea what to expect from it anymore.
#129 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren View Post
Oh I SO agree. It's the biggest time I feel like a whale....

-Angela
#130 of 227 Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
I've realized that rolling over is a multiple-step process.

1. Ask oneself if one really needs to roll over.
2. Decide to roll over.
3. Ask oneself one more time, just to make sure.
4. Shift your butt so it's lying flat.
5. Shift your belly around so you're on your back.
6. Shift your butt again so it's on the other side.
7. Shift your belly around so you're on your side fully.
8. Release the breath you've been holding.

oh my gosh my thoughts exactly! i just get concerned that i might be smooshing my baby with all the procedures needed to roll over.
#131 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 AM

I'm dreading sleep tonight. I used to love sleeping. Now - not so much. I'm sick of the up and down, the rolling over and compulsive peeing.

Everyone, make sure you check out MarchWillow's thread about Oliver. They need your prayers/good vibes tonight.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#132 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 AM

I know. I want to sleep, I enjoy the actual sleeping, it's the after part that makes me wonder if it's worth it. It's so hard to roll over, or get up. That's when I pray the most that I will have this baby.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#133 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 AM

On the sleeping front....I've had to resort to Bendadryl

I've decided I'm FINALLY ready for this baby to come. I'm still amazingly comfortable and can't complain about much so it's not that, I just really really want to avoid my c-section coming up a week from today. Plus I do have to admit that I want him here so we can finally have some answers and see if he is 'ok'. We've been on this tumor roller coaster since January and it's finally really starting to get to me.

A funny from tonight....

We were at Costco tonight and they had a ton of samples. One guy kept trying to get me to try that Monster energy drink, he was being nice he was just trying to get everyone to try it. After a few 'no thank you's' I finally politely said "it's probably not very good for the baby" then he said "Oh my, I'm so sorry. How could I have missed that, it's right there." Then he got all embarrased and said "Oh, I didn't mean that, you look great...." Then the poor man didn't know what to say.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#134 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 05:26 AM

Anyone else just not able to sleep?

This is really starting to get to me. I can go to sleep fine, but once I wake up to pee, or a kiddo is awake, whatever, than its very hard to go back to sleep. And even then it seems I toss and turn a lot.

Um, get with it body, we gotta stock up on the Zzz's now.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#135 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 05:55 AM

I am having troubles falling asleep... have had a few painful contractions and pooed twice and felt really nausious for a while but now i just cant seem to fall asleep.

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#136 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K's Mom! View Post
Anyone else just not able to sleep?
I couldn't sleep last night. I kept waking up & feeling really excited about the baby coming... Er, no baby yet!

I'm 40 weeks today. Any time from now, little one! I held a two day old yesterday (my friend had her home waterbirth on Monday) & I cannot wait to hold my little inside passenger...
#137 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 08:52 AM

Falling alseep is fine, but I'm waking up in the early morning and then not being able to get back to sleep.
I've also been having prodromal labour the past couple days. Hope it holds off till after the weekend though - I want the bathroom finished.
#138 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM

i slept for 11 hours the other night (with just one pee break. my mother was amazed). tonight i slept well too, but woke up just before 7 and didn't feel like going back to sleep.

but for the past few days, i've found a nice place of zen. i've been focusing on all of the benefits of still being pregnant, and it has helped so much. my DD was born a few days past 41 weeks, and she was such an easy newborn. rarely cried, nursed SO well (not even sore nipples for me, and handled my oversupply like a champ. a vacuum champ!). she slept well and was SO alert and interactive right from birth. DH would lean her back on his lap and talk to her, and she would "talk" right back, from just a few weeks old. it was so fun. also, no colic or spitting up, which i think has to be at least somewhat related to her more mature digestive tract.

indeed, ladies, past 40 weeks is the way to go!! it's hard right now, but SO worth it. their little brains just keep developing and maturing in the ideal womb environment, and they come out so much more ready this way.

so there you go. let's all get excited about how much easier our newborns are going to be for going all the way to or past 40 weeks, and come join me in my place of zen. it's wonderful here!
#139 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 11:20 AM

i am going to join your zen spot. i am due sat and hope to go after tomorrow. hubby says baby can not come friday or tuesday because he has to work. so three days i have open in my calender lol.
#140 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Hi mamas,
I'm still here too, waiting & waiting at 39w5days, but I reached my zen a few days ago and accepted that just because my boys arrived early doesn't mean this babe will too!

I've mostly been lurking, but I need to ask if any other of you (non-nursing) still-preggos have been experiencing nipple pain? Yesterday they were a bit sensitive and today my left nipple flat out HURTS!! It was actually waking me up last night in between the pee breaks...

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#141 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 PM

Alrighty, here I am at 41 weeks today...

Some nights staying asleep is hard. It takes a few seconds to get my nest of pillows rearranged and get flopped around. I listen to Coast to Coast on the radio at night, and that usually puts me to sleep... or freaks me out with what they are talking about!
#142 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBMama View Post
Hi mamas,
I've mostly been lurking, but I need to ask if any other of you (non-nursing) still-preggos have been experiencing nipple pain? Yesterday they were a bit sensitive and today my left nipple flat out HURTS!! It was actually waking me up last night in between the pee breaks...
Yes, mine are very sore. Only when I brush against them or touch them though, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. I am however, surprised at how much they do hurt when that happens.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#143 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:28 PM

yes, VERY sore nipples the past few days. ouchy ouchy.
#144 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM

grumble grumble
grouse grouse

still here... will proceed to zen soon I hope...

-Angela
#145 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 06:00 PM

well i just lost a bit of plug. So something is happening, come on baby we are ready for you! I know it isn't necessarily a sure sign, but it is the first bit of plug, and its the 23rd and today is the day he is coming
#146 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 06:01 PM

Yay for any progress!

Good luck!

-Angela
#147 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Thanks, even if it is just a tiny bit of progress, no bloody show or anything. Dh thinks im a freak, i got so excited, i made him come look at it. Out of curiosity how big is the whole plug?

Its 4:15 in the am here and i am eating pie, maybe i am a freak?
#148 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM

Just walked two miles before dinner. Now DH is making pizza.

I'm crampy but nothing else, really. Baby was so low today that the midwife couldn't feel a head. She wanted to get in on our baby pool, and picked this Sunday. Yay! Getting a little bit of strength from that. DH picked labor starting tomorrow and birth Saturday, so we're getting really close to some initial predictions.

#149 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
well i just lost a bit of plug. So something is happening, come on baby we are ready for you! I know it isn't necessarily a sure sign, but it is the first bit of plug, and its the 23rd and today is the day he is coming

yay! Here's hoping that you're one of those women that lose their plug and then Bam! here comes baby. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#150 of 227 Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBMama View Post
I went swimming a few days ago and the cold water made my nipples and breasts ache the whole time I was in there. Owie Gowie! (as my two year old says)

I've been losing bits of mucous off and on for weeks now, but today seemed really "promising", more than before. Crossing fingers for the weekend. Or tomorrow.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page