Still Preggo Check in 5/18 - 5/25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time for a new thread! Who's left?

I have 9 days until my due date and I'm trying to coax this baby out before they start throwing around the 'repeat section' talk.

EPO, by mouth and by vag, DTD,"magical" eggplant parm, fresh pineapple, walking, working on my relaxation, attempting to keep my parents away from me (they are cortisol making labor stoppers), reflexology with my chiro (another appt tomorrow - hoping for that moon baby).

If none of that works, my car will "break" down, my DS will "get sick", I'll have to "go out of town for a funeral", to buy some more time.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#2 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 09:58 AM

Going good here, today is babys EDD. but i have been expecting to go over all along so i am not stressing or disapointed. I am not doing any induction tecniques. Baby is right down low, my midwife couldnt feel any of his head over my pelvis on friday. I have been having tons of baxton hicks, and they have been getting stronger every day. So i know something is happening, and tonight i have period like cramps and loose stools. But i refuse to let myself get excited, it will happen when it happens. Trying to stay zen and ready, without getting worked up about every little thing.

I still have the occasional "i want my baby!" out bursts, but they are manageable. I had the most beautiful dream last night about breastfeeding the baby, so of course when i woke up with no baby i felt a little sad I just have to remind myself that 2 weeks or so is nothing in the scheme of things, i can wait.
#3 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 10:07 AM

I'm still with you gals too!

I'm feeling ok and just hanging in there.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#4 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 AM

I'm still here too and doing well. I'm hanging in there and just waiting to see which way this goes (VBAC or c-section) so far I haven't decided to do anything to move things along. That could change in a week but for now I'm content to let things be.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#5 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 AM

Still here. I feel great physically but small things like running out of coffee beans or not having any clean spoons in the house will make me burst into tears.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#6 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 11:02 AM

Still here too. Feeling fine physically but tend to be irritable (poor dh...)

-Angela
#7 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Present!

I'm 40+3 today, and no hints of anything new or different going on. Battymama, my MW said the same thing last week, that she could only feel shoulders now and not head. That trips me out for some reason! I try to visualize the size of a baby's head and then compare it to my body and how it would line up... mindblowing!

My parents bought me a Sunsetter awning, and I'm itching to jump on the ladder and start measuring, marking and drilling screws... but I know they'd go crazy if I went near the ladder. It was an issue convincing them I can mow the lawn myself, and I suppose with my reflexes right now I really shouldn't be anywhere near a ladder. Oh well.
#8 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 12:56 PM

Im here, 38w1d and impatient as ever. You would think I was overdue by the way Im acting. Im just so excited and dying to know if its a boy or girl!! Sleeping is hell. I decided that the long pp recovery is due in part to childbirth but also from these last weeks of pregnancy. My insides feel bruised. If we had any decent weather I dont think I would be so impatient but its been rainy and cool so im stuck in the house all day. :yawning:

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#9 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:02 PM

Still pregnant here too. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and would really like to have this baby sometime between Wednesday and Saturday. Please, baby, cooperate!
#10 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:23 PM

I'm here My husband was up alll night with a really bad toothache, so we need to get him taken care of before this LO comes. He is in a good, easy to care for place right now (except the aches & pains I have to put up with, but better than my husband not getting sleep and having to care for the kids).

Still feeling exactly the same, lots of contractions, some strong some not, like it could be any minute but I have no idea when it will be. I'm not doing any 'natural induction' methods, but I wouldn't be opposed to them if I happen to get to 40 weeks. LOL

aisling
#11 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:30 PM

Still here too. Yesterday was my EDD and it came and went without a single contraction. I felt closer to labor last week than I do now. I am going totally stir crazy and my nausea is still getting the best of me in the mornings. Sometimes it feels like someone is pulling my pelvis apart with a crow bar too. Plus the heat is so bad right now I can't really go outside without melting. I feel so bad for DD because I just don't have the energy to take her out anymore.

I haven't been trying too many natural induction stuff. I learned last time that it didn't work for me and this little one will come when he wants. Heck at this point the geek in me is almost hoping he waits till next Saturday so I can see Indianna Jones, well Almost!!!
#12 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:34 PM

Is anyone else REALLY irritable & grumpy?
#13 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:39 PM

I'm 38+4 today. I know I could still have a long way to go, but DS#1 came at 34 weeks, so this pregnancy seems really long to me. Also, my doc is predicting a big baby (based on ultrasound, palpating, DS#1 who was big for a preemie, and my and DH's birthweights), so that of course has me a little anxious (I'm small with a small pelvis). However, I've had NO progress so far, other than cramping and backaches, but no dilation or effacement or anything to show for it. The only thing I have "going for me" is that this babe is at 0 station, but that merely means I feel like he's trying to push my hips apart (when it doesn't feel like he's trying to dig his way out of my cervix with a spoon, or bust his way through my ribcage). I'm out of room and it has me feeling really miserable.

I hope some of you who are at 40 weeks and beyond go in the next day or so. I think when I get that far it will push me over the edge.
#14 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 PM

still here. today is my 40 week mark and I was actually kinda hoping I wouldn't make it to this day. Friday was a real fake out for me, as I went into (what I swore was) early labor. vomiting, contractions....the whole nine. Of course, I went to bed that night excited only to have everything stop during the night and wake up....normal. according to the doc, i'm 3cm and 70% effaced currently (hopefully that's changing more and more everyday though).

to be honest, I have been sleeping a lot since then, probably mostly out of sulking and just got up for my day today. sleeping got relatively managable, which makes me sometimes feel like i may be pregnant forever and she'll be content to live in my ribcage for life. lol

been taking EPO orally (though did a vaginal application last night) for days now, DTD (when i get that "i want my baby" mood going because otherwise sex just hurts!), and trying to walk as much as I can (however I have not done so in a couple days due to my recent mood swing).

all in all, I'm doing good and I know she'll be here soon, but I'm very very impatient now, irritable, and tired of hearing the phone, reading texts, and having to answer people's "have you had that baby yet???" :
#15 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calpurnia View Post

YES! i wish that were a sign of impending labor, we'd all be having babies in no time flat ey?
#16 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 PM

12 days to EDD here and in early labor. Hoping to have these babies tonight or tomorrow. If not, then heck, might as well wait for the weekend when my BF comes into town!
#17 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 01:58 PM

i just got back from the farmers market where i was looking for a sarong for my birthing time... i didn't find one but i did pick up a pineapplewhich i plan to eat tonight and hopefully it will kick things into gear... i have been taking epo (orally) as well but i haven't seen anything yet. i would takie it vaginally, but the problem is that i pee SO often it doesn't have time to disolve...

#18 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 02:15 PM

Yeah, I'm nearly finished with the second pineapple.... no help at all...

-Angela
#19 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calpurnia View Post
Yes and and I'm trying so hard not to be!!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#20 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 02:49 PM

I am now 39 and 4 days. EDD is Wednesday! I'm hoping this baby would like to have a birthday sooner than Wednesday. I would really, really love to have a baby when the moon is full. Especially this moon which is known as the "blooming flower moon".

I'm trying not to get too antsy. I'm just trying to make plans and stay busy to pass the time. I know that I can be feeling fine one minute and an hour labor be in early labor. So, it really can happen any day.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#21 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 02:58 PM

still here, 39 weeks today! grumpy, crampy, and achy, but that's par for the course these last few weeks. last night the babe was crazy active while DH and i were watching knocked up (funny, btw!). i don't think it's ever had 2 solid hours of dancing around like that. it was weird. then i realized i hadn't eaten in hours and hours, so i fed myself and i think that did the trick. oops.

i'd say i'm feeling optimistic that the cramping today means something, but deep down i know it doesn't... oh well, maybe, in a few hours, it will turn into something. hope springs eternal, doesn't it?
#22 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM

Only 38+2 and although my hips and back feel fine, my cervix HURTS! Tons of contractions, but none that are regular. I am trying to keep my spirits high as I went past my EDD with both of my other pregnancies, so I expect to do the same this time, but I REALLY want my baby!

My cough seems to be gone, thank goodness, but my kitty is still gone too; today marks one week since he got out.

I am enjoying leftover eggplant parm, OMG I think it is better the next day, yummmmmm!

Other than that, I have an apt with my midwife tomorrow afternoon, and I am hoping my B/P is back down...

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#23 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Yeah, I'm nearly finished with the second pineapple.... no help at all...

-Angela
And yet so yummy! :

As for mood: I am a BEAR.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#24 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 03:42 PM

I am still here as well. but I am in a form of Zen So i think I will be okay for a few more days then I will go into the break down cycle again. lol. today is my one due date and I am 38 weeks today for the one my doctor is going by. he is very active again lately. I think he wants to come out lol. or stay in there forever one of the two lol. DH is sick so I am not getting much sleep. Just trying to stay healthy and praying I wont get what he has. Tommorow is my appt with my doctor hopefully when he checks my cervix I have made some progress. Still having brownish mucous after my 'bloody show' thursday night. really hoping somthing happens before this weekend. My sister has heart Surgery on the 27 and my mom really needs to be up there to help her with her kids. so now would be a great time for this LO to come. Having tons of really tight braxton hicks.... but who knows.
Cat

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#25 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 03:46 PM

I'm 39w5d today. Baby is posterior so I'm calling the chiro tomorrow and hoping I can get in. If so, I'm crossing my fingers that an adjustment will kick things into gear. I spent the majority of pregnancy thinking my EDD was May 19, only to find out it's May 20 (not that it matters so much). I'm hoping that means baby will come on the 19th, though. Blood pressure is rising so baby needs to come out soonish. I keep having the same conversation with baby (about time to come out now), but am getting no response. Having lots of menstrual like contractions off and on, but trying not to get my hopes up. Feeling funny things in my pubic bone and cervix areas. Ready to strangle SIL and might just do it if she calls one more time with panic in her voice to say "are you okay?" "Where are you?" "I had a FEELING". Yeah, I've been having feelings for weeks now, it's called being pregnant. Stop wanting to be the one to say "I knew it would be today" and quit harassing me already. Sorry, that got a bit ranty there at the end...
#26 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 06:52 PM

GET. THIS. CAT. *OFF*. OF. ME!!! OMG my 4 yr old orange tabby cat is driving me nuts! I cannot go more than 5 minutes without him on my lap. I put him next to me or on the floor and he is right back on my lap, laying on my belly, it is SO obnoxious.

I met with my 2nd doula today, she was super sweet and we met with her kids, my kids, and my primary doula and her kids at the park today and it was SO nice out. The kids had a blast and I am super thrilled with my support team. The 2nd doula mentioned that with pets being so intuitive, she wonders if Sabin will return after I give birth.

I am feeling kind of a renewed calm. I installed the car seat yesterday and have just really been enjoying the pregnancy today. I hope for some more Zen time before I go back into freak-out mode.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#27 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 PM

Cramping like nuts. Just 38w 2d right now, but last night was up at 3:30am with contractions 3-5 minutes apart. Got REALLY pissed at poor DH because he kept falling asleep on me. I'm a bear too.

So glad school ended today for the year: I'm sick of hearing "so HOW long do you have left?" "you're still here?" "two WEEKS??" Ugh! It's like the moment it turned May, these people expected me to have this baby. I'm due the second-to-LAST DAY OF MAY. Grr.

Sporadic contractions all day and I'm exhausted. Lots of rain recently and a full moon soon. I'm hoping to just go this week. DH is in the shop all week and I don't have much of anything unusual.

It's really disheartening to have all these close contractions and prodromal labor and see NO sign of a mucous plug or bloody show.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#28 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
GET. THIS. CAT. *OFF*. OF. ME!!! OMG my 4 yr old orange tabby cat is driving me nuts! I cannot go more than 5 minutes without him on my lap. I put him next to me or on the floor and he is right back on my lap, laying on my belly, it is SO obnoxious.
My cats did this the day I went into labor, wonder if there's anything to it?
#29 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Today has been a strange day. I just woke up feeling really off and noticed that baby is moving hardly at all. It kind of put me in a panic. I did get some good movement after drinking some water and sitting up and paying attention. But his movement has definitely slowed down. I just have felt kind of anxious and depressed today. I stayed home from church and just kind of hung out in bed all morning. I did some sewing this afternoon. I think I have just worried all pregnancy that something will be wrong with the baby (not healthy, I know), but I think this is where the anxiety is coming from, along with the slowing movement. I just want baby out so I know he is okay.

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow and it will probably be any day. Hopefully baby will decided to be really active this evening and will make me feel better.

Amy
#30 of 227 Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 PM

Still here! 40w 4d by the magic wheel

I have been an unbearable grump to my DH. I think I actually told him I hated him the other day I don't - I really really like him

I have a NST test then an OB appt. then an acupuncture appt tomorrow.

We'll see how it all goes. I really want this baby out but have been reluctant to do any natural inductions. I tried them all with DS and none worked so I tried the prostin because I was so freaked. I am trying to remain calm. today is a good day - no drama. I think my OB will want to try stripping my membranes which I don't think I'm down with??

My sis is coming to drive me to all my appts tomorrow which is really great. I'm happy to spend the day with someone instead of schelpping around by myself.

Hang in there gals. One more time all together now - We won't be pregnant forever!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page