Still Preggo #3: 5/25 to 5/31 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well... even though I'm "more" overdue than most of you, I can't complain. Luckily I don't really do too bad with late pregnancy... sigh.

Doesn't make me much more patient right about now though...

Planning to work to clean out the fridge today since our new one will be delivered Thursday. Maybe that will trip something.

REALLY need bugger out today or tomorrow as my dad is scheduled to go out of town and will be CRUSHED if he misses it... So send any extra labor vibes this way.

-Angela
#62 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well I scrubbed the kitchen floor last night, so surely that's a sign! Right? I'm 41w5d today and have a MW appt at 2 pm. In order to continue to see me at the birth center I'll need to have a BPP tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Planning to work to clean out the fridge today since our new one will be delivered Thursday. Maybe that will trip something.
I'm getting a new fridge today or tomorrow too! I never thought getting new appliances would make me happy, but it does. It's a side by side with ice/water dispenser... wooohooo! I'll happily give you all the extra, easy labor vibes today if I can have them when you're done.
#63 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM

i am still here go to see my doctor today at 4:15. have been sleeping wonderfully *ducks* I only have to get up every two ours to pee now and it has been wonderful. also when I have to pee I really have to pee so that is also nice Went for our walk last night and it barely even made me feel crampy. But I am fine with him staying in. when we were walking Ronnie was like ya know a couple weeks from now we are going to miss this. and I told him that was alot of the reason I was fine with him coming when he wants to. as this is the last time in our life it is just him and I. So I think that helped him not be quite so anxious. as the waiting is just killing him lol. he just wants his baby. he is such a cutie. Just synced my ipod and got my music I found for labor onto it. house is spick and span... will probably be organizing today after a run over just so I have somthing to do. keep thinking I should clean the car but dont have an outlet by it... it needs vacumed and shampooed and then get the car seat installed. maybe I will go over to my sisters so I can do this.... but our stupid camp trailer dh had to get is in the way ugh. well labor vibes to us all!!

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#64 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkyKP View Post
Well I scrubbed the kitchen floor last night, so surely that's a sign! Right? I'm 41w5d today and have a MW appt at 2 pm. In order to continue to see me at the birth center I'll need to have a BPP tomorrow.

I'm getting a new fridge today or tomorrow too! I never thought getting new appliances would make me happy, but it does. It's a side by side with ice/water dispenser... wooohooo! I'll happily give you all the extra, easy labor vibes today if I can have them when you're done.
Hey, if I can get some, I'll pass them out to everyone else who wants them

-Angela
#65 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM

Still here, 39+4. This is no shock because I went to 41 and 40+3 with the others, but I REALLY wanted this one to come before then.

I have so much stuff to do the next couple days I was REALLY hoping to get out of it. I see my midwife in a few hours and I am sure it will be just like the other appointments of me wishing this baby was out already.

Today was the day DH told Sophie to come out, but I am not having any ctx, not even BH (although I am on day 2 of a GI cleaning, that can be a pre-labor sign, right?) and after the restless sleep I had last night the only way I am letting her come is IF my boys let me have a 3 hour nap when I get home at 3 tonight. My smoke alarm battery started dying at 2:31 last night and had me up at least every hour until 7 when I begged DH to get up and replace the battery or I was taking a bat to it.

Still trying to remain in my spot of Zen, which is so hard when my husband keeps reminding my mom is going to be here in 4 days. I really wish I had a crystal ball so I could predict her reaction if I start labor when she is here.

The older two kiddos are in trouble today, so they are working it off and my house is looking great. Now if it would just STAY this way

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#66 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
REALLY need bugger out today or tomorrow as my dad is scheduled to go out of town and will be CRUSHED if he misses it... So send any extra labor vibes this way.
Sending some super extra labor vibes to you :

You are one awesome patient woman!
#67 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM

Angela, hope baby comes in time for your dad to meet him/her.

Turkey Hill (gas station/convenience store) is premiering a Sour Apple Slushy. DH is a sour apple fiend, so I stopped by and got him one as a little surprise. As I'm paying, the cashier giggles and says "Baby wants a slushy?" I told her it was for my husband, and she looked shocked. "There's something VERY wrong with that." I thought for a sec, then laughed. How many pregnant women go around getting things for their HUSBAND's cravings?

Oh well. DH was very happy and grateful. His boss said it probably made up for the fact that he had to come to work today. Everyone assumed he wouldn't be in, so he's been sitting around doing odd jobs, which he hates.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#68 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 03:38 PM

Still waiting here with you ladies. I kind of thought I was jumping off the plank this weekend though. I had nice, gradually increasing contraxs all Sunday night and all day yesterday and then they died out. They were actually getting to the point where I needed to pay attention to them. And I was getting excited. Silly me to think this baby is gonna come out. I had another good contrax this morning and just poked my belly and said, "oh no your not!! You are staying in there forever."

Anyhow, I think part of the delay is this dang sore throat I can't seem to kick. I'm guessing that my body is waiting to heal fully before birthing. A compromised immune system is something that I don't want while in labor and during PP.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#69 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 07:33 PM

today has been such a sucky day. i really did not sleep and hubby calls and keeps asking if anything is going on. like i wouldn't call him if i thought something was. haven and i went out to play in the pool. then while i am filling it up i see a dog in the neighbors yard. at first i was like crap loose dog and mine is on my deck without a leash then i realise its my dog going through the neighbors yard towards the road. so now the dog will not be allowed out back with us till its fenced in. may be next year. i couldn't believe she did that with me right there. normally she sits under my chair. then a storm rolls in so not much fun in the pool. off to take a nap and the cat decides i don't need one and keeps opening the blinds. so haven wakes up and the nap is over. so anyone want my pets because i was so through. then i call hubby because my zen is out the window and ask him to come home instead of working overtime. he says yeah i'l be right home. five minutes later and he calls and tells me the computer is up and i now have to do all the negatives which could be hours. so here i sit making pumpkin pancakes just to pass the time untill dd goes to bed. i am freezing them so i will have lots of easy breakfasts after baby comes. send some labor vibes my way but i am not picky i hope angela goes first i can't imagine going to 42 weeks.
#70 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm draining the birth pool now. I'm tired of fighting the kids to stay out of it. Maybe karma will kick in and as soon as it's all put away I will go into labor again, only it will keep up this time.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#71 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 08:26 PM

I've been a zombie all day. It would be funny if I wasn't so tired, I think.

Just took about a mile and a half walk with DH and our (not leash-trained as of yet ) mutt. I think I'm going to go watch the Food Network while DH is at his organ lesson. I'll take a shower first, just in case I fall asleep though.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#72 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 PM

i'm going to be 42 weeks tomorrow and i'm starting to loose my mind.

i didn't imagine i would be in this position, but i guess i should have.

i had an acupuncture appt today and it felt quite uncomfortable. baby has been moving a lot since so maybe something...

what to do, what to do...
#73 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Tina,

#74 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysanchez614 View Post
i'm going to be 42 weeks tomorrow and i'm starting to loose my mind.

i didn't imagine i would be in this position, but i guess i should have.

i had an acupuncture appt today and it felt quite uncomfortable. baby has been moving a lot since so maybe something...

what to do, what to do...

Hopefully both our little buggers will come out. A touch of thunderstorms this evening... maybe that will bring them along.

-Angela
#75 of 181 Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 PM

I made it through my midwife appointment and registration without a hitch. The registration ended up taking almost THREE hours though, yikes! I wanted a nap so bad, but by the time I got home it was time to start thinking about dinner.

Found out the culprit smoke detector was the one in my kitchen, I have valted ceilings so no step-stool for that one. DH ended up having to pull out our full size latter to get the darn thing, he was late for work in the process. I felt bad for asking him to fix it before he left, but that chirping was enough to make me want to lose my mind.

The boys did a fair amount of talking to the belly and asking questions about the baby, the placenta, the membranes, and what it means when one's "water breaks". Since then my contractions and Sohpie's activity level has picked up a lot, so I am seriously considering a scortching hot bath and an early bedtime, I am exhausted and have to have my middle son up to his potential new school at 9am for placement testing.

Today was the day DH has been inviting Sophia to come for a week now, I told him I will give it to him as long as labor starts before midnight, even if she is born on Wednesday. I am hoping to catch up on some sleep before labor though, so if she DOES come tomorrow, I better at least get a few hours of sleep in before contractions keep me up. Don't worry, I have no plans of leaving you all soon, it is just wishful thinking at this point.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#76 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 12:27 AM

Well had a doctors appt today. didnt gain any weight my pulse was alot lower than it has been and blood pressure was great guess that all this walking is at least good for me lol. VE I was 2cm and he asked me if I wanted him to strip my membranes I said sure. said he was real aggresive with it. dont feel any different and mucous just got brown tinged not even any spotting. go in again on monday and he will strip my membranes and be more aggresive with it then. was really hoping it would do somthing as my dad is still here he leaves in the morning for a ten day shift. sisters heart surgery went good. she says breathing already feels easier. a normal hole in the heart is 6mm hers was an inch!! so very good for her. hope it helps her alot! got the carseat put in the car. my dog acted a little anxious about the whole thing and when we set the car seat down she looked at it like why do you have one of those????lol
Cat

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#77 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 AM

Cat, my MW said that usually you don't gain weight or even lose weight the week you give birth.

#78 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 AM

I think I just made a big mistake. For the first time in a LONG time, I didn't feel nauseous when I laid down. However, I was feeling restless (I think because I didn't have my banana tonight right before bed - maybe why I wasn't nauseous) so I went and ate something. Pretty sure I'm going to feel nauseous when I go back to bed. Grr... :

#79 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 04:12 AM

Sara. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#80 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 05:39 AM

I'm officiallly still pregnant for a few hours yet.....

: ELV everyone! Hopefully when I post again there will be more baby stories!

Cat - glad your sister is ok!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#81 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 08:54 AM

Sara, hope you feel better!

I am officially due today. And I am certain that sex to induce labour is a big myth. I've also tried belly dancing and a long walk. Guess this critter is just not ready to get out yet.
#82 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Still here.

grump. grumble. grouse.

hoping today is the day.

-Angela
#83 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 11:44 AM

No nausea! No idea what that means, but I slept from 1-10! Woo hoo!

#84 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
No nausea! No idea what that means, but I slept from 1-10! Woo hoo!
Wow! Congrats. I know that's a huge deal with how you've been feeling.

-Angela
#85 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 AM

i'm still here although not happy about it. i feel like a turkey in the oven that everyone keeps checking on.
#86 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 PM

It is so not fair that the Juna mamas are popping faster than us tail enders and/or long bakers.

DD did not listen to daddy and come yesterday. All my pressing appointments are finished as soon as I pick up DS2 at 11 today so I have told her anytime, but she's not listening very well. Few BHs here and there, but nothing major. And here I was under the impression that babies come when they are not supposed to, if that was the case, she would have come yesterday when I was booked solid for 6 hours of appointments. WAHHHHH

#87 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 12:35 PM

Still here. I am so grouchy, it isn't even funny. I feel so bad for dh! I talked to my midwife yesterday and told her I might not object to having my water broken at some time. She said she doesn't do it often, but if my cervix weren't so high up, it would be an option. Praying it will come down. This is the day dh picked in the baby pool. For once i hope he is right.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#88 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren View Post
Still here. I am so grouchy, it isn't even funny. I feel so bad for dh! I talked to my midwife yesterday and told her I might not object to having my water broken at some time. She said she doesn't do it often, but if my cervix weren't so high up, it would be an option. Praying it will come down. This is the day dh picked in the baby pool. For once i hope he is right.
No more threat of unmedicated vasectomy? Isn't it funny how desperation changes us? I told DH all weekend I was going hurt him if she came on Tuesday, and Tuesday passed and I was like "not fair, I wanted you to be right!"

#89 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 12:58 PM

40wks 3days, and here. First baby -- realize still in the realm of normalcy with the lateness. Tough dealing with phone calls and the anticipation...
#90 of 181 Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Angela, yeah, this is HUGE. I feel great. I had a great sleep, a good lunch, and now I'm going to do a bit of decorating around the house. Blare some music, that kind of thing.

I also think that sex to help labor is a big myth at this point. Though with as good as I'm feeling, I'm not too hard up on it.

Everyone up and down our street (who we know as casual acquaintances) has started to stop me and ask "when are you due again?" or the ones who know "still pregnant?" Usually it's annoying, but it's 65, sunny, and I'm well-rested, so I'm happy to say that I still have plenty of time.

I think at this point, baby's waiting for my order of postpartum cloth pads. They got lost in the mail and were just returned to the sender on the 22nd, so they should come any day now.

all around to anyone who needs them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page