Still Preggo #3: 5/25 to 5/31 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
To be fair, my decision making on that is a bit more complicated. For most of the pregnancy I was measuring quite large. Quite possibly due to increased fluid.

This babe is head down and pretty low, but not as low as dd was before labor started. SO, IMO there is a slightly increased risk of cord prolapse if water is broken...

Just one more factor...

And honestly- my cervix is so high I really doubt she COULD strip my membranes if I wanted it... but still playing with ideas.

-Angela
tempting though it is, no i wouldn't in your circumstances. if your cervix is as unfavourable as you think then if it did lead to labour, you could be making it a lot harder than it needs to be for both of you.
let your body and your baby do the preparation and he/she will be here very soon... truly, no one is pregnant forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick's mummy View Post
tempting though it is, no i wouldn't in your circumstances. if your cervix is as unfavourable as you think then if it did lead to labour, you could be making it a lot harder than it needs to be for both of you.
let your body and your baby do the preparation and he/she will be here very soon... truly, no one is pregnant forever!
That's where my thinking is right now. I'd be open to more if there was any indication that babe wasn't faring well... but kick charts still show him to be ferocious and moving well

-Angela
#123 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Considering all of that, I would say prostaglandins are your best and safest bet--EPO applied directly can help with this (when preschoolers lack of sleepy time are not cooperative with other methods).

Cohoshes can lead to high blood pressure among other things; they hae more side effects than I personally am comfortable with.
#124 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Angela, my first instinct is to say no, I won't do anything, even at 43 weeks. However, considering how batty I am at 40...

Seriously, though, as long as baby was fine, I'd agonize so much over doing anything that it wouldn't really be worth it. I really think that any kinds of "induction" (which cohosh/stripping membranes is) should only be done because of health/safety reasons. And yeah, it seems like it may just cause more trouble for you.

Just got back from the MW. My favorite MW is on duty this weekend, so this would be a GREAT time to go. I've been having contractions and cleaning out, but no bloody show or regularity to them. My MW is excited because I have lost 2 lbs, and in her experience the clearest sign of impending labor is a slight loss of weight the week a woman gives birth. I'm excited for that, too. Let's see if I make it through the service I have tonight and the Bar Mitzvah tomorrow.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#125 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 PM

Well pooh. My daughter does not want to listen, 29 hours until grandma is here and she did not come out last night like I told her to. Daddy is frustrated because he wants a week off, and he wants it now, but if she comes when my mom is here, he will go back to work and take his time off the following week, just so I have two weeks of help. She may end up staying in another week or two and then my mom will miss it and it will be a moot point.

I really want my mom to meet her 3rd granddaughter (she has 7 grandsons, we are heavy on the boys), I just did not want her freaking out because I am birthing at home. Who knows, maybe the plan is for her to be here and see how wonderful home births are to change her mind?

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#126 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
Who knows, maybe the plan is for her to be here and see how wonderful home births are to change her mind?
Ooh, wouldn't that be lovely? I mean, as much as I'd feel like a science experiment, it could be really eye-opening for your mom.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#127 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
That's where my thinking is right now. I'd be open to more if there was any indication that babe wasn't faring well... but kick charts still show him to be ferocious and moving well

-Angela
i think you're wise.
this is a great baby you are cooking mama.
my new little 43 weeker is pretty placid and goes 4-5 hours between feeds at night (a record for my kids!) plus i had a 5 hour labour - so there are some plus sides to a longer gestation!!!
#128 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:00 PM

Given all that, I'd probably still be tempted to do something but probably not anything that risks breaking your water.

We all know that deep down, you are more than aware that your baby knows the perfect time.
#129 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Given all that, I'd probably still be tempted to do something but probably not anything that risks breaking your water.
Yeah, which comes down to- what else?

Best next thing to add I guess is EPO or more sex....

-Angela
#130 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:06 PM

I'd do both.

#131 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:08 PM

Yeah, that wasn't helpful. I'm sorry.

My best advice- Surrender. Get some time to yourself, meditate and talk with your baby about the birth. Make sure you let yourself experience any feelings you may have set aside completely. After that, know that you're supported here with no expectations and try not to go stir crazy.
#132 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:17 PM

So what does a good kick chart look like? I've noticed a fair bit less movement lately and thought that was just because baby was getting so big. I'm considering getting checked out, but I don't want to be a worry wart, unless something is really up.

I know, I'm only 2 days past. I'm trying to relax about this, really, I am
#133 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
I'd do both.
Yeah... you don't have a 3.5yr old with other ideas

-Angela
#134 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah... you don't have a 3.5yr old with other ideas

-Angela
Too true.

Ok, at least the EPO then.

#135 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 03:47 PM

so whats with the chamomile tea??

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#136 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM

It just helps you relax.

Quote:
Chamomile (Matricaria recutita, formerly M. chamomilla or Chamomilla recutita) is one of my favorite herbs to take during pregnancy. In Europe, it is used to quell nausea, ease digestion, relieve heartburn, reduce insomnia, and promote gentle relaxation. A cup of chamomile tea, slightly sweetened with honey, tastes exquisite. I sip it during the day as a tonic and before bed to induce peaceful sleep. Women who have had a miscarriage or spotting during their pregnancy should drink no more than a cup of the tea per day because chamomile is a mild emmenagogue. As mentioned above, some people are allergic to chamomile. Hold a small amount of chamomile tea in your mouth for a few seconds, then spit it out. If your mouth itches, or otherwise feels strange, do not use this herb.
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/pregnancy_herbs.html

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#137 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 04:57 PM

I'm sick of prodromal labor that does NOTHING all day and keeps me up all night. :

#138 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 PM

Thankfully mine goes away at night, but yes, I am so sick of thinking "is this it?" and then it's gone.

I used my new pump to stimulate contractions and it worked for a good 40 minutes, then nothing. You don't know how tempting that bottle of castor oil is looking, but I am so scared of it making her pass meconium, or causing me to be dehydrated. Hours of pooping in early labor does not seem all that appealing, but a baby at the end sure does.

#139 of 181 Old 05-30-2008, 06:38 PM

Thanks for your input guys, I stuck to my guns and didnt get checked/stripped! I just needed some grounding. Now im more emotionally ok with waiting but the physical discomfort is close to unbearble and im exhausted! I know when its over I will be so happy I waited though. Im glad I have this support system.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#140 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannabna View Post
Thanks for your input guys, I stuck to my guns and didnt get checked/stripped! I just needed some grounding. Now im more emotionally ok with waiting but the physical discomfort is close to unbearble and im exhausted! I know when its over I will be so happy I waited though. Im glad I have this support system.
Glad you felt supported enough to stick to your guns. Good for you!

I am going to scream if I hear "WOW! Didn't expect to see YOU today!" one more time.

#141 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
I am going to scream if I hear "WOW! Didn't expect to see YOU today!" one more time.
:

One of the most tiresome phrases in the English language these days....

-Angela
#142 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 05:16 AM

Well ladies, I think I'm abandoning ship (keeps fingers crossed for safety purposes though) I think I may not believe that I'm actually in labor until the babies head is crowning. I will keep you all posted. I'm gonna try and get some rest. Its really uncomfortable though laying down through a contrax at this point though.

Grab ahold of the rope Alegna. . I'll pull you under too

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#143 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K's Mom! View Post
Well ladies, I think I'm abandoning ship (keeps fingers crossed for safety purposes though) I think I may not believe that I'm actually in labor until the babies head is crowning. I will keep you all posted. I'm gonna try and get some rest. Its really uncomfortable though laying down through a contrax at this point though.

Grab ahold of the rope Alegna. . I'll pull you under too
YAY!!! GOOD LUCK!! :::
#144 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 AM

Yay!

It seems like there's a lot of us still here, given that it's the last day of May. I'm only impatient because I am feeling scared still that either me or the baby isn't going to come out alive. I'm anxious to be holding my little baby, alive in my arms. I'm considering heading into the OB clinic on Monday if nothing has happened yet.
#145 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_and_Abigail View Post
Yay!

It seems like there's a lot of us still here, given that it's the last day of May. I'm only impatient because I am feeling scared still that either me or the baby isn't going to come out alive. I'm anxious to be holding my little baby, alive in my arms. I'm considering heading into the OB clinic on Monday if nothing has happened yet.
I get this. I've had that same fear recently - even though I'm only 40w 3d and there has been absolutely no evidence that either me or babe is not 100% healthy. You could just go and get a check up at the clinic to put your mind at ease, remember fear/stress produces cortisol which blocks labor.

I've been practicing "I will not harbor unhealthy thoughts" and it has helped. I hope either the baby comes or you get your mind put to ease soon.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#146 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 AM

Still here. sigh.

-Angela
#147 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_and_Abigail View Post
Yay!

Yep, I'm right there with you. I'll be 43 weeks on Wednesday and I'm getting the feeling that baby needs to be out soon and if baby doesn't come by this weekend, the concern of waiting longer is starting to outweigh the concern of "going in".

and I've tried almost everything at this point except castor oil - which I will not try.
#148 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 01:11 PM

Angela, I was wondering about the kick charts you mentioned. What's considered an acceptable amount of movement at this point?
#149 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 01:11 PM

I was woken up by a wave, then three BHs, then another wave and the big ones were 10 minutes apart with the little ones being about 2 mins between. It went on this way with the BH's slowing and the waves getting stronger for an hour. They were getting to the point where I had to make myself relax. I took a shower and they kept coming and then gone.

*sigh* 6 more hours until grandma is here and 14 hours left of May. I don't think I am going to beat either clock.

#150 of 181 Old 05-31-2008, 01:56 PM

AHHHH! I just realized we are going to need ANOTHER thread tomorrow!

I vote for calling it "OMFG, we are STILL freaking pregnant???"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page