Still Preggo #3: 5/25 to 5/31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, we need a new head count!

I'll start -- still pg at 41w 3d.

Doing OK for the most part. What is the June birthstone anyway?
#2 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 10:11 AM

I'm here too. 39 weeks and a couple of days. Not doing too bad but this constant pressure I've had in my backend is driving me batty. It's been that way since Thursday and it's pretty uncomfortable. Doesn't matter if I sit or stand either. I think this baby may come out the wrong end!

I was up all night last night. I'm not sure if it was the BH that were waking me up and making me have to pee or if it was the other way around. I'm tired.

DH and I had date night last night and it was nice. Went out to dinner and then to Home Depot to pick out paint colors - romantic huh? He started painting our room and will finish up today. We've been waiting since we moved in two years ago to get it done, and it's nice that it will be before the baby gets here.

Other than that I think it's going to be a quiet day around here.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#3 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm still here too! 39 wk and 4d. DH and I went to the Drive-In theater and saw Iron Man last night...well he saw Iron Man, I saw most of Iron Man- passed out toward the end, I didn't realize it was TWO hours long! Still it was a fun movie to watch.

I've been walking alot and trying to do things to take my mind off things. I'm reading 'Eat, Pray, Love' and that's helping quite a bit.

Breeder Mama: = wife to an amazing man + mama to J-Bear (07/02) and E-Train (06/08), nanny to Little Bird (07/10).

#4 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkyKP View Post
What is the June birthstone anyway?
I had the same thought.

I'm still here at 39w4d. Not late yet, but since DS#1 came 6 weeks early, I feel like I've been pregnant forever this time. I'm very uncomfortable. Also, predictions that this will be a big baby, coupled with the fact that my cervix has done absolutely no preparation so far, has me very anxious, too.

I hope some of the overdue moms go soon. I'm dreading the fact that very soon I will be one of that crowd.
#5 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 AM

Still here. Though this darn well better be my last week!

Officially 42 weeks 2 days today.

-Angela
#6 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 AM

I am here too. 40 weeks today, we went out to a burlesque show, had a heap of fun. I am still going well, although aparently 40 weeks= time to crazy to my mum. So far today she has rung me up, reminding me that we have the same blood group, and to start freaking out how long they are going to "let" this go on. Oh and to demand i use castor oil, because she is worried. As if thats what i need to hear at this point, i mean offers of blood are nice and all but isnt that a bit melo dramatic, also nobody is letting me do anything, anything that is done is because i let them. If she does this tomorrow i will let her know that i wont be putting up with it. Seriously rediculous.

Actually remarkably zen, i find i have about an hour everynight where i get a bit upset, mainly because i would like to be snuggling my baby in bed, but i am happy waiting for when he is ready.
#7 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 12:18 PM

uh yeah, still here...41 weeks 3 days. im starting to get a bit ansy. but hey, there's actually a good group of us who are past due now so no big deal. that's somewhat reassuring, right?

#8 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysanchez614 View Post
uh yeah, still here...41 weeks 3 days. im starting to get a bit ansy. but hey, there's actually a good group of us who are past due now so no big deal. that's somewhat reassuring, right?

Hey, last I checked I'm the only one technically PAST due left We're not past due until we hit 42 weeks 1 day. 37-42weeks is normal range.

so hang in there! You're merely due, not past due

-Angela
#9 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 12:48 PM

Still here at 39 and 2. LOTS of heavy prodromal last night that (of course) petered out into nothing. I have a grill-out today, so DH thought for sure we'd be missing it.

Angela, you've got PuppyFluffer with you on the "overdue" list now, I think.

I have officially reached farther in my pregnancy than any woman in my family. Everyone in my family has gone at least a week early, if not more, so I'm getting phone calls left and right. It's a dubious distinction, but I'm sure I'll be proud of it someday. At least the weather's nice and the grills are hot, right?

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#10 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 12:54 PM

I am 39 w 4 d. Any day now would be nice. I don't even care that there is a whole lot of stuff I still want done before baby. I'm just ready. My last was three days after her due date, so I think some time in the next week could be it. Dh and I are trying like crazy to induce things. Not because we're impatient, but because we just want to. ;-)
would be a nice side effect though.
#11 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 02:00 PM

Well I had contractions last night while walking that were about 5 min apart and some were making me pause. contractions continued for the next 4 hours although not as strong after stopped walking. but my back was killing me. so I couldnt sleep. so we got up and watched monty python. they lightened up so we went to bed and nothing today. was really frustrating. my parents are down this weekend and It would be alot better for them if i had him before they left as its way expensive for them to come down and they are tight on money. Also my mom has to be in saltlake this next week as my sister is having heart surgery. and I was so relaxed with the idea of going last night. grrr really blows. so I am still here 39 weeks today by my june date.... 41 by my may date. on the upside I got my whole house clean yesterday so that is really nice to have a clean house finally again.

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#12 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 02:24 PM

I'm still here! I am 38.5 wks along - my technical DD is 6/4 - but I am a repeat c-section, and I go in on Tues 5/27, so I claim this as my DDC. I am tired, can't sleep well, heartburn wakes me up at night, so I am READY! Good luck everyone!!

Wife to Hank , Mommy to Gabriella 6.5 yrs Anthony 28 monthsand 3 angels wait for me in Heaven Praying to be a Proverbs 31 woman!!
#13 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
So far today she has rung me up, reminding me that we have the same blood group, and to start freaking out how long they are going to "let" this go on. Oh and to demand i use castor oil, because she is worried. As if thats what i need to hear at this point, i mean offers of blood are nice and all but isnt that a bit melo dramatic
Wow, reminding you about a shared blood type? Yes, that qualifies as melodramatic in my book!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Hey, last I checked I'm the only one technically PAST due left We're not past due until we hit 42 weeks 1 day. 37-42weeks is normal range.

so hang in there! You're merely due, not past due

-Angela
That's true, thanks for the reminder!
#14 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm still here. Sadly. 40 weeks 4 days. Emotionally exhausted from the last two days. but my kids will be home in a few minutes and I can't wait.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#15 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 02:54 PM

I'm still here too! I have different "due dates" based on different methods of calculating. So, with one way I am past 40 weeks with the other way I still have a few days to go! I'm cool with waiting until June, then my kids will all have their own birth months...

I'm pretty comfortable--hips are starting to hurt when laying down though. My appetite is still pretty much the same as always. I feel good, baby is moving lots....I don't think it will be this week for me but you never know! I have been having contractions for the past couple of months but I "think" they are getting more powerful?????

I hope we see lots of babies this week!
#16 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 02:59 PM

One ¨due date¨ I got from the MD was May 11 no mother´s day baby here. But all along I´ve thought end of may was more accurate anyways.First baby.

I´m ok with being patient except when it´s 3am and I´m having stretching in my belly. I just had this full body rash called PUPPS that has cleared up for the most part but for lower belly ahhh!
Still hoping for my dreamed of home birth! I need encouragement though...
#17 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 04:35 PM

Still here. MW was calculating my due date as May 28th, OB uses May 30th (which is good, at least it buys me a couple of extra days before any induction talk might start). Wednesday is my last scheduled appointment, but I don't feel at all close to having this baby.
#18 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottecat View Post
Well I had contractions last night while walking that were about 5 min apart and some were making me pause. contractions continued for the next 4 hours although not as strong after stopped walking. but my back was killing me. so I couldnt sleep. so we got up and watched monty python. they lightened up so we went to bed and nothing today. was really frustrating. my parents are down this weekend and It would be alot better for them if i had him before they left as its way expensive for them to come down and they are tight on money. Also my mom has to be in saltlake this next week as my sister is having heart surgery. and I was so relaxed with the idea of going last night. grrr really blows. so I am still here 39 weeks today by my june date.... 41 by my may date. on the upside I got my whole house clean yesterday so that is really nice to have a clean house finally again.
How funny, DH and I watched The Holy Grail the night before last when my contractions were getting bad... they petered out around the same time they created the Trojan Bunny.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#19 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 05:42 PM

39+2 and still here. My cold seems to be coming back again after I *almost* had it gone. It would not bother me so much if the baby did not pound on my cervix any time I coughed. OUCH!

Lots of prodromal labor, but thankfully it seems to peter out around bedtime, so I am not losing sleep. I am being woken up each night with really bad reflux! I will have to thank my midwife on Tuesday for talking me into accepting a bottle of liquid Cal/Mag, talk about instant relief, WOW!

Sophia has definite slow and active times, and the little bugger gets my entire belly shaking every time she hiccups. I think the hardest part of this pregnancy is not the physical aches, but that I have a little baby inside of me and I really want to meet her and get to know her little personality. I feel like I miss her so much, and I have not even "met" her yet.

6 days until my mom comes for a week and I am torn; on one hand I really want her to be here for the birth, even though she has NOT been supportive. I would love to show her how wonderful a homebirth can be, even though she is against it. On the other hand, that is EXACTLY why I want Sophie to come before her visit and just hope we get some good pictures and videos. With my history though, it is a big risk on when I will have this baby since I had Christopher at 41w and Matthew was induced at 40w3d and I will be 41w exactly when she leaves.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#20 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 05:51 PM

I'm here! 40 weeks & 2 days.

Looking forward to this baby getting here - should be here within 2/3 weeks or so I imagine! Can't wait.
#21 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
How funny, DH and I watched The Holy Grail the night before last when my contractions were getting bad... they petered out around the same time they created the Trojan Bunny.
oh no it must be the movie that is exactly when mine petered out!!!!

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#22 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottecat View Post
oh no it must be the movie that is exactly when mine petered out!!!!
"Run away! Run away!"

Word to the wise, Monty Python is BAAAAAD for labor!

#23 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 09:18 PM

It's 8:30 here and I'm tuckered out. If I have to hear "wow, I bet YOU'RE ready" from another childless person, I'm going to scream. We went to a cookout with friends and it was fun, but sheeeeeeeesh. How many times can you say that in an afternoon?

No real progress to report today. I will NOT be watching Monty Python in the middle of the night, though.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#24 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 10:34 PM

My "sister" who is due the 31st, just had her baby this morning in Prague. She had the perfect 8 hour labor, no complications. Baby boy, named Bela. I'm so happy for her.

But I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER.

#25 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
But I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER.

you and me both.... Maybe we can get into the guinness book of world records!

-Angela
#26 of 181 Old 05-25-2008, 11:51 PM

still trying all the natural methods to help things along....eggplant parmesian, walking and some more walking, bouncing on birth ball, sex, etc.

we have a labor accupressure guide that dh has been using on me the past couple of days cuz he's getting anxious for this baby to come out now and i just let him do it thinking to myself it's really not doing much. i told him that the baby does seem much lower today, i cant sit with my legs together and he was so excited he said he's gonna continue to do the accupressure every half hour. yay!

by the end of this im gonna have a bunch of bruises all over my body. i feel like a science experiment...
#27 of 181 Old 05-26-2008, 12:47 AM

i'm still here... 39 weeks 3 days

i have been trying things to try and encourage him to come out... but he doesn't seem to interested... he is really low for sure- i feel like i can hardly walk sometimes.
i walked quite a bit today, more than i have in ages... maybe he will come tonight.

#28 of 181 Old 05-26-2008, 01:53 AM

I'm still here too... 39 weeks and 3 days. I was hoping that baby would come Saturday since Friday was my last day of work and thats how it went with baby #1. No such luck, darn it! I went on a bike ride to the park with Layla, have gone disc golfing three times (our course is a pretty intense one up and down through the woods) and walked the harbor. I think the baby is stuck! LOL. Skipper said he decided I can't have the baby until we've picked a name, so I guess I'm going to be pregnant forever too!

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

#29 of 181 Old 05-26-2008, 05:59 AM

I'm still here. I was only "due" 5 days ago. So while I'm ready, I'm not wayyy overcooked or anything. This is technically the longest I've been pregnant though and not been in labor.
I did kind of feel let down that I didn't have my baby on Sunday though. I truly thought that I would have him/her here by then. Oh well. I'll just be pregnant forever and just get on with life. I'm now making plans everyday to do stuff and just carrying on.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#30 of 181 Old 05-26-2008, 10:08 AM

Horrid cramping yesterday, BH all night and one measly contrax early this morning.

That is all.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page