Anyone else sweat at night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's terrible. We have the air conditioning on and it's not warm in here, but comfortable. During the day I do get a bit warm (it's just me, everyone else says it's not warm) at times but at night I sweat like you wouldn't believe. It's only from my shoulders up too. No matter what I sleep in/don't sleep in I sweat and wake up drenched.

I'm sure it's hormones, but will it ever go away?

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#2 of 14 Old 06-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Arrgh i do this too, i always end up waking up in a puddle of sweat, milk and on a couple of memorable occasions poo, when poppy had a poosplosion. I have read that it is just your body getting rid of the excess fluid from pregnancy. it sure feels gross though.
#3 of 14 Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 PM

Yup. Hormones. When I was in hospital, the temp was 68 and I was naked every night, I was so hot. DH was under blankets with sweats on.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#4 of 14 Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 PM

you know.. for the first time ever--no! I'm used to the whole post-partum sweating thing and worried it means something's wrong since I'm not.

it does go away, for those of you going through it. Just your bodies getting rid of all that extra fluid.
#5 of 14 Old 06-08-2008, 08:34 PM

I did with dd1. Had hot flashes so bad I'd wake up and feel like I was on fire!!! Not this time, though ... thankfully!

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#6 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 12:56 AM

Yep, I am waking up drenched too in the middle of the night. How am I supposed to figure out how to keep my little one comfy when my thermometer is so out of whack.
#7 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 01:53 AM

nak

sweating AND peeing a lot here. sleeping on my waterproof sheets not helping since it makes me sweat more, but i am not about to ruin my mattress with sweat, milk & other fluids.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#8 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerRain View Post
nak

sweating AND peeing a lot here. sleeping on my waterproof sheets not helping since it makes me sweat more, but i am not about to ruin my mattress with sweat, milk & other fluids.
A wool pad might work for you instead. We have a wool puddle pad for dd1's mattress, and it has stopped all but the biggest pee leaks (and even then only a small amount got through to the mattress). Some people use old army/navy surplus blankets and turn them into mattress pads, since it can be expensive to buy them outright (especially if organic). Just a thought!

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#9 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 10:39 AM

Yup, sweat every night.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#10 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM

drenched every morning, no matter how refrigerated the bedroom is. It's maddening.
#11 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 08:04 PM

Me too!!! I started the sweating at night about a month before I went into labor and it's still happening a month after a labor! Like you, it's only shoulders up....I wake up with a sweaty neck and soaked hair every night. And we have air conditioning in our room too. Hopefully things will even out soon.
#12 of 14 Old 06-09-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy View Post
I'm sure it's hormones, but will it ever go away?
It does! I have noticed (anecdotal) that with my 3 boys, I sweat. A lot. With dd, I did not. Not even a little.

It's hormones, altho today it's just the weather here - I'm waiting for my hair to start falling out now too
#13 of 14 Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 AM

Well there is a lot of logical explanations for that fact, the most simple, is that if your body has increased body fat that will contribute mainly to sweating that´s the most easy explanation.
But there are other things that may cause sweating and that is due to our genetics and psychology, sometimes sweating is something that your body produces without any metaphysic reason and it doesn't´t have to do with nothing in specific, but it can happen other times due to how we deal with life and how we are as persons if you are more apprehensive, nervous and uncomfortable your brain produces more sweating.
I have hyperhydrosis... but... it is on my hands where I sweat. It is to the point where, when at church, I have to keep my hand on my pant-leg so when shaking someones hand, my hand is dry. It is really embarassing shaking someone's hand with a wet hand... but just as 'wierd' is when someone holds thier hand out to you, you wipe down your hand.

I have looked into the surgery, but... the side-effects can be terrible.
I'm also looking for natural remedies for this and recommending you the same.........

Sweating
Control Sweating Naturally

Cheers
James.
#14 of 14 Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 PM

Not yet, but I did have a fever of 103.2 for two days so maybe my body did it just really fast over two days? Who knows? I think I may be getting some of the hair falling out thing. Or it just seems like it, it is hard to tell since my hair is so long. (down to my butt) Hopefully it will grow back curly. I can wish can't I?

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page