~Postpartum Check-in: 6/8-614~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 125 Old 06-15-2008, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies,

I have been lurking here a lot, but rarely have a minute to post without one kid or the other needing something. I have been really enjoy this thread. I will try to get better at posting.

Quick question: Scarlet has a lot of baby acne (very red, and all over), I don't remember how long this will last. Also, her breast buds are still really swollen, we are at day 14 pp. How long did this last for your dc? TIA

Big to those that need it.

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 125 Old 06-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Kate's breast buds are still a bit swollen and we are 6 weeks pp. The doc said not to worry about it too much since it is just however fast the hormones leave her body.
#123 of 125 Old 06-15-2008, 04:43 PM

With all the other fussy babies, is anyone on the total elimination diet?
I'm almost ready to try, just trying to psych myself up for at least two weeks of squash, sweet potatoes, rice and pears none of which I particularly dislike, I just have to talk myself into it.

DS1 was a very regular pooper. This one? Not so much. He skipped two days earlier this week and is now on 2.5 days. And he's not too happy when he doesn't poop. He sleeps good once he's out and has content awake times, I just feel bad for him when he's clearly uncomfortable.

And he certainly will not take a soother. Tried a second kind today, he'd take it for DH for about a minute at a time. With me, he just gets very mad about it. So much for a shortcut!

DH is starting to feel left out and worried that we have an overly attached child.
Which is in turn worrying me. Blech! It's not that big of a deal, mind you I may feel a little stressed if he doesn't take a bottle (haven't tried yet) because there are a couple times I would like to leave him for a few hours this summer but I am not comfortable leaving him unless he takes a bottle.
When DH and I were dating, his brother had us babysit their kids once when our neice was a couple weeks old. She never took a bottle, *ever* and spent the entire 3 hours screaming despite us calling them and telling them they needed to come home. It was traumatic and I swear I'll never do that with my kids lol!

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#124 of 125 Old 06-15-2008, 08:35 PM

to all those with fussy babes. Declan has been mellower of late, though he was never really that bad to begin with. Then yesterday...fussy again (still not screaming but whenever awake he was sounding pretty pathetic). It is so stressful. I think it's a very good chance that he is not tolerating chocolate in my diet (he was good all week, then Friday night I had a big chocolate chunk cookie). Chocolate would not be my first choice of things to eliminate while nursing..I am a serious addict. Ah well, if it works, it's well worth it! I am also keeping dairy and decaf coffee to a minimum, as well as carbonated drinks...I still haven't figured out if those are triggers or not so I am trying them here and there to see what happens. Hmm, I think maybe Declan wants me to lose weight?!
#125 of 125 Old 06-15-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little grey mare View Post
With all the other fussy babies, is anyone on the total elimination diet?
I'm almost ready to try, just trying to psych myself up for at least two weeks of squash, sweet potatoes, rice and pears none of which I particularly dislike, I just have to talk myself into it.
Moving into my 4th week here . I have not tried introducing any foods yet, though. I am waiting to complete the NAET treatments first (hopefully our appt tomorrow will finally do the trick). Theoretically, that should resolve whatever sensitivities she has (at least whatever she is sensitive to that's in the expressed milk we're using to treat her -- I kept a food diary for the 24 hours prior to expressing it). The only good thing about that stupid diet is the weight loss -- I plateaued after the initial post-birth weight loss, but have lost an additional 10 lbs since starting that diet.

I AM SO SICK OF TURKEY, LAMB, RICE, POTATOES AND ZUCCHINI!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also severely mineral deficient, and am getting leg and foot cramps. I stopped taking my cal/mag supplement, because it also has herbs in it and I still can't figure out what the heck is making her so gassy. I'm taking all of my supplements with me to the NAET treatment tomorrow, and she is going to test Sophie to see if she is reacting to any of them.

This is seriously annoying ...

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page