Mothering Forum banner

Help! Low grade fever?

24K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Shanana 
#1 ·
nak

Feeling a bit run down & cold, so I took my temp, 99.6, so low-grade, nothing scary. I am going to call my midwife in the morning, but should I also make an appointment with my gyn? I sometimes notice a fishy smell when I pee, so I have been treating that with peroxide washes.

My bleeding has come back too, I went from almost no bleeding to dark red blood with clots, not heavy, but like a light day of my period, before it turns to spotting. I also have a little discomfort in my right breast, but it feels more like a sore nipple than a plugged duct. I am 8 days postpartum. Anyone else have this happen to them? What did you do to find relief? I am thinking of a scalding hot bath, warm jammies & a thick blanket.

*Update- Got out of the bath about 90 minutes ago and my fever is now 101.0.

Darn it, everyone is sleeping. 12:30 am - 102.5

See less See more
#3 ·
What a freaking nightmare. I was not willing to go to the ER so I went to bed and called my m/w at 8am, she told me she thinks I need abx, and called the OB she refers to for ultrasounds and he never called her back. I called my pcp who said they did not feel comfortable seeing me since it's a problem for an ob/gyn. Called the ob/gyn I saw for 2/3rds of my pregnancy and they pretty much said "You left us for a homebirth, sucks to be you".

Fever is down to 99.7, I knew it would be better this morning, fevers are always higher in the night. I am just waiting for DD to finish nursing so I can eat and we can head to Urgent Care, I really hope they will treat me and NOT send me to the ER.

#6 ·
So what was the outcome. I have what I believe to be a p;ugged duct...discovered it yesterday. Now this evening I am suddenly feeling feverishy (slightly).

Still babymooning at my mom's and she has been sick the last few days and has been telling me to stay away...and I have...but geez I have to leave the room sometimes...especially dealing with a fussy baby..sometimes he needs a change of scenery.

So now I am scared to go ask her for a thermometer to check my temp...not in the mood for I told ya so's. grrrrrrrrrr

I can feel the lumpiness so I figure it is the plugged duct and now my right arm is feeling kinds sore/tingly not sure if it's from propping and holding K's head when feeding side lying...

#7 ·
Uhhhhhhg, just got home from the ER.... Started at Urgent Care, he said it sounded like a uterine infection and that I would need to be admitted into the Hospital for IV abx for 2 days... I was in tears when he refered me to the ER.

ER did an ultrasound and found either a clot or piece of retained placenta, however it was small and not attached so whatever it is they think it will work itself out soon. I have a follow up with the same OB who did not have time to see me today on Monday.

My blood work was normal, and so was my urine, so they don't know *where* the fever is coming from, but they gave me an antibiotic just in case.

#8 ·
I had excessive bleeding with my son at 3 months PP. I ended up having to have a D&C because they thought maybe I had a piece of placenta left.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by arismom1029 View Post
Are you getting LOTs of fluids? I had a lowgrade fever postpartum (about a week I believe) and my midwife told me to double my fluid intake, and the fever went away.... apparently being slightly dehydrated can cause a fever.
:

Happened to me too, after I had Noah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.