Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 06-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
nak

Thanks for the commiseration, mamas. I'm 4'11" and when not pg 104lbs, so I expected to hear something like CPD. Part of why it makes me so mad, I think. It's an easy diagnosis.

I haven't given in to it, and will certainly be the VBAC queen.

Patrick's mummy, I have spondilolisthesis and didn't see my chiro except once during my pregnancy. Wonder if that contributed.
Snap Sara, I have spondilolisthesis too! I obviously can't say for sure but I think the body work had a big impact for me. My first labour I was induced (young and foolish!) and got to 6cms after 24hrs. Second labour I had the sense to book a home birth but stayed at 9cms for literally hours and it had taken me 36 hrs to get there. This time, I got body work done for the first time, had the spondilolisthesis diagnosis which shook me a bit but my baby was out after 5 hours!! So, it could be lots of things made the difference but body work must have been a factor.
so, Sara I'm really optimistic for you, i'm just sorry it wasn't easier this time - hugs........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 65 Old 06-22-2008, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
nak

Thanks for the commiseration, mamas. I'm 4'11" and when not pg 104lbs, so I expected to hear something like CPD. Part of why it makes me so mad, I think. It's an easy diagnosis.

I haven't given in to it, and will certainly be the VBAC queen.

Patrick's mummy, I have spondilolisthesis and didn't see my chiro except once during my pregnancy. Wonder if that contributed.
Glad to hear you're not giving in. My mw had a client who was around 5' and 100lb. Her baby was almost 12 lbs!!!! It wasn't easy -- pushed for about 3 hours and she did tear -- but she did it!

For the cranial work, you could also see a cranialsacral therapist. You can search for one here if you're interested.

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#63 of 65 Old 06-23-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy View Post
We got good news at the Neuro, but Gage isn't quite out of the woods just yet. They did an u/s of his head and this time they couldn't find anything. So whatever was there all through pregnancy and right after Gage was born is now gone! There is no doubt that something was there though, so the latest theory is that it was a Intracerebral Hemorrhage in the Choroid Plexus and what they saw was the blood from the bleeding. It's not there anymore because it got reabsorbed into his body. Gage got lucky, if you're going to have a hemorrhage you want it in your ventricles because it doesn't cause damage there as it's an open space full of fluid.

This could be a fluke/one time thing or it could be a structural problem with the vessels in the Choroid Plexus and it could happen again. We go back in 3 months for another u/s to see if there is anymore bleeding. The only way to look at the vessels is to have an MRI and he doesn't want to do one until Gage is 6 months old because he has to be sedated. If they find a bad vessel/vessels we'll go from there.

So..we got some very, very good news and we are very happy/relieved. We are very thankful that it's not a tumor. I still worry though because there could still be problems that may require surgery and it's going to be another waiting game to see if we can get some answers. We've done it before and we can do it again, we'll just take things one step at a time like we have been.
I'm so glad to hear this! I wish you didn't have to wait longer for the all clear but am so happy for the good news.
#64 of 65 Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick's mummy View Post
tiredness?
an epidural in labour?
also just hormones i think. i had headaches in pregnancy, and then right after birth. since then nothing but ithink pregnancy and hormones and headaches are pretty connected.
#65 of 65 Old 06-23-2008, 02:20 PM

I took an extended break / babymoon from my computer! But, I am back now. Trying to catch up on the last month's worth of posts! You all gave been busy. I think that you must all be more talented at multitasking! But, I think that I finally have it down; typing, sitting on the ball, breastfeeding...

Baby Marshall Leif and I are both doing great. I never knew that I could be so in love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page