Midwife Gift - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I go back for my 6 week visit with the midwife appointment. I have playing with the idea of getting her a dogwood to plant either at the birthing center or her house. I wanted a pink one since the last baby was a girl. Then I had the idea of looking up the birth flower and or tree for May 5th. I found this site "Birth Tree". For Raeleigh's birthdate the tree is a Poplar.

In my back yard is a beautiful Tulip Poplar. For those who don't know you can take a stick form one and stick it in the ground and it grows like crazy! They are great shade trees. So now my plan is to get 3-4 brances from my tree, wrap in paper towels with water, tie with a bag and put pretty pink paper around the bag with a bow. This way she can plant one or 2 at the BC and some at home if she likes. And it came from a tree that the kids play on! (great for climbing!) :

I'm excited about the connection and easy of it!!

Plus I'm baking a basket of muffins for the staff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a really awesome idea! Trees are always fantastic ideas for a gift. :

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#3 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 09:15 AM

nak...

great idea. i'd suggest that you root the cuttings for her though because if she doesn't have a green thumb and they die, she'll feel really bad i'm sure.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#4 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Puppy...unfourtunaly I don't think I have time now. The appointment is Thursday. I was going to get them cut tonight and in water. I know she has a green thumb! (pretend it's green) She does the gardening around the birthing center! That's what she was doing while I was in labor with #3.

I found some great purple and flower printed paper! Soo pretty! I'll try and remember and take pictures!
#5 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM

I'm getting ready for my last visit too and am getting together a bag of goodies. I knitted her a dishcloth with a sock monkey face, am making her some bath salts, giving her a photo album to put pictures of her babies in (the ones she delivered), a candle, and a very long thank you letter.
#6 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 PM

I'm thinking a GC for a massage or pedi and something more meaningful but I don't know what yet.

The tree cuttings are a wonderful idea!!!!
#7 of 7 Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I am not getting a gift. I don't like the idea of it. I only met my midwife at 30 weeks, and though she did a great job, she is not a friend.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page