#31 of 53 Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2naomi View Post
Mirena IUD - I'm done
Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

I know DD is at the peak of fussiness and going through a growth spurt as she is about 6 weeks, but really truly, I cannot imagine ever doing this again. I know I sound awful ... but I am so not a newborn person. I wish I could birth a 3 month old.

This shall pass ... this shall pass ... this shall pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 53 Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I wish I could birth a 3 month old.
I have it on good authority that hurts. :
#33 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama3 View Post

I adore newborns and I could give birth many many more times. It's neat how we are all so different.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#34 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 AM

Used to be in this ddc, but lost that precious babe. So.... our first 5, After having done the pill, IUD, condoms, FAM, spermacide, and a vasectomy - then adopting 5 more... we are doing NOTHING. Quit all birth control (and had dh's vas reversed 9 years ago) Ahhh - what FREEDOM! What a joy it is when I am expecting again.. No plastic, rubber, copper, hormones, inturruptions, or gooey stuff. Dh is in less pain (vas was horrible!!) I love it!
#35 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM

After my 8th baby I had scheduled to get my tubes ties, but the day of the surgery I cancelled. I didn't want to do a surgery if there was not a medical reason to. Since I had a c section this time around I figured since they were already in I should do the tubal. I am postive that I am done having children.
#36 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry-mary View Post
Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

I know DD is at the peak of fussiness and going through a growth spurt as she is about 6 weeks, but really truly, I cannot imagine ever doing this again. I know I sound awful ... but I am so not a newborn person. I wish I could birth a 3 month old.

This shall pass ... this shall pass ... this shall pass.
OH I wish I could birth a 6 month old...
#37 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama3 View Post
LOL Yup! When I look at him when he's not all bundled up I even have a hard time remembering he is only 4 weeks old!

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#38 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM

LAM :
#39 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post

I adore newborns and I could give birth many many more times. It's neat how we are all so different.
I love being pregnant and birthing. I would be thrilled to birth every year! It's the newborn thing that I do not like. I know it will go fast once it's over, but day to day is so tough for me!

It's amazing, though. She had her 6 week growth spurt yesterday and she really looks so much bigger and fuller today. And she has made life a lot easier today as she is back to her sweet disposition, vs. yesterday where she was hungry, unhappy or both.
#40 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
IUD without question.

For those of you considering the mini-pill, if you are breastfeeding please please please reconsider. I know a lot of folks in the medical profession swear that the mini-pill will not affect breastfeeding and/or milk supply, but in my experience as a breastfeeding counselor, I have counseled countless women who did expereince serious issues due to the mini-pill. Not worth the risk, IMO.
I've been on it before when nursing and it didn't effect my supply. (Not questioning you, just saying for me that hasn't been the case.) I actually wish it DID work that way for me because I'm trying desperately to get my supply to go down... so far, no luck. *sob*

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#41 of 53 Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I love being pregnant and birthing. I would be thrilled to birth every year! It's the newborn thing that I do not like. I know it will go fast once it's over, but day to day is so tough for me!
This is me to a T!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#42 of 53 Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 PM

I took the mini pill with my first and didn't have any supply issues with breastfeeding. The only issue I ever have is never taking them, lol. I'll probably go back on them though, as IUD's aren't an option for me and neither one of us are big on condoms.

Mommy to Layla 11/06, Eliza 5/08 and baby girl at the end of February....

#43 of 53 Old 06-29-2008, 02:16 AM

Does anybody know if you should start the pill before you've gotten your period back?? I haven't gotten my first pp period yet but I got my script for BC pills. Should I wait until I start my period to take them?

#44 of 53 Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 PM

no, start asap.
#45 of 53 Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Does anybody know if you should start the pill before you've gotten your period back?? I haven't gotten my first pp period yet but I got my script for BC pills. Should I wait until I start my period to take them?
My mw warned against waiting. You will cycle before you start your period so you'd better be safe. Be careful though, the hormones can cause a decrease in your milk.
#46 of 53 Old 06-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Do not wait... I waited last time and I am in your DDC because of it...TeeHee... No that I would change it, but dang it was super hard on my body...
#47 of 53 Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM

I'm not sure what we'll do. I'd like to do NFP, but dh is worried that it won't work for us. We tried condoms last time and that's how we ended up with ds

We're too spontaneous (as in "look there's a dark parking lot, pull over") to only rely on condoms. I don't want anything hormonal, though.
#48 of 53 Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

bubs8 - lmao! I totally sympathise...haven't figured out how to be spontaneous like that though with two carseats in the backseat of our small car

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#49 of 53 Old 07-02-2008, 12:52 PM

We're going with condoms here. Last time we did sort of a mix of condoms and loosey goosey NFP - basically, we chanced it when I figured we were safe. It's funny, even thought it's pretty reliable, I wouldn't chance it this time...we do want to have one more, but I want to space them about the same in case Declan weans during pregnancy like Fionn did (well, really I set limits that encouraged weaning). That way I'm sure he gets at least two years of booby milk. That consideration wasn't even a blip on my radar last time around!! So it's condoms full-time for two years. I am not fussy on the idea of an IUD and the diaphragm sounds like more of a pain than condoms.
#50 of 53 Old 07-03-2008, 12:01 AM

condoms.

I was going to do the minipill or IUD but I changed my mind for a few reasons.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#51 of 53 Old 07-25-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyky View Post
Used to be in this ddc, but lost that precious babe. So.... our first 5, After having done the pill, IUD, condoms, FAM, spermacide, and a vasectomy - then adopting 5 more... we are doing NOTHING. Quit all birth control (and had dh's vas reversed 9 years ago) Ahhh - what FREEDOM! What a joy it is when I am expecting again.. No plastic, rubber, copper, hormones, inturruptions, or gooey stuff. Dh is in less pain (vas was horrible!!) I love it!
ok not in this DDC but DH is planing on a Vasectomy, what do you mean your DH was having pain after vasectomy? I have not heard of this.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#52 of 53 Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 AM

Some men do have complications from vasectomy. Do a search in the Dads forum on "vasectomy" and do some reading.

I believe the complications are rare but it would really suck to be one of the "rare" ones and have no idea that that outcome was a possibility ahead of time. I'll all about fully informed consent. Just like any other thing we do to fiddle with our bodies, there are downsides as well as benefits.

My husband is considering it but we have a great deal of reading to do ahead of the decision either for or against.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#53 of 53 Old 08-09-2008, 11:59 PM
wbg

I am back on the minipill. My second daughter was conceived when baby #1 was 4 months old. I am very lucky in that my partner merely has to think about a baby and I get pregnant! So I usually ask for birth control while the cord is still pulsating!!! I used it with my 3rd and breast fed him for 18 months every 3 hours! Just had my 4th this May and am already back on it. So far it has not affected brest feeding. Honestly I am still uncertain about taking it, but don't know what else to do. We r proven useless at condoms and IUDs and I am too scared to rely on withdrawal and other methods! Not reliable enough. Any suggestions are appreciated!

wbg...constantly amazed by Z , cherishing I , inspired by P , adoring K and still getting butterflies when I wake up with B !

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page