Boomerang!: The kids' audiomagazine about big ideas. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-09-2007, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product/Service name: Boomerang!: The kids' audiomagazine about big ideas.

Brief description of product/service:
A monthly 70 minute audio program in the format of a "magazine" you can download as an MP3 file or receive in the mail on CD. Designed for ages 6 through 12, it introduces kids to ideas related to science, current events, economics, history, poetry, geography, jokes, mysteries, music, and interviews.

Store/Site of purchase:
They have a website: Boomerang!

Price:
  • CD format: $71.50 a year (less than $5.95 per issue).
  • MP3 format, their Digital Pack includes nine past or future issues of your choice for $49.95 (about $5.55 each).

How long have you used this product/service?
We used them for years - but I can't recall how many. He was around 9 when he began listening to them, and finally stopped maybe around age 12 when he had outgrew enough of the content that it just wasn't the same experience for him any longer.

Performance: lovely

Quality: great

Customer Service/Communication: wonderful

Would you purchase this product/service again?
Sure - as a gift for some other child - my son was disappointed when he outgrew them.

Have you made a complaint to the company about the product/service? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof.

Never had a complaint.

Additional Comments:

It was always exciting when they'd arrive in the mail. My son carried them in a little backpack whenever we went on a trip or even for a ride in the car. We loved to listen to them together on the car tape player too - especially, maybe, the pieces by Dave Schmave, the Elevator Man - very touching and fascinating stories that a child or even a parent can relate to. One summer, at our yearly homeschool conference in CA, there was a Boomerang! booth, and we got to meet and talk with the producer of the tapes - he's the same person who does the Dave Schmave bits on the recordings. For two weeks, my son was awestruck - "I can't believe I met DAVE SCHMAVE!"

And Dave Schmave is just one small part of them - there are all sorts of different segments about every imaginable subject made interesting for kids. They're ingenious and heart warming - and highly educational - and there's nothing you need to "do" but just let your children loose with them.

One of the best things about them is the ability of the child to take things in on his own and in his own way. They probably inspire later learning about all sorts of things - and they can give the child the experience of how fascinating learning and thinking about lots of new things can be. You can also enjoy listening to them together and chatting about them.

I give it:

- Lillian
#2 of 2 Old 09-09-2007, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I second the recomendation. My son liked to listen to this in the car from ages 6-8. He lost interest after it switched to cd from tape (we don't have a cd player in the car.)

A couple of times issues where lost in the mail, but when I called they we're always grreat about sending replacements.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page