Berry Best Preschool/Arts & Crafts (Ages 2-5) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Product/Service name: Berry Best Preschool

Brief description of product/service: Two programs, one just for Toddlers includes just a daily craft...all individually packaged into a bag for each day. (Each week day). The preschool program includes the daily craft as well as some letter worksheets, story ideas (but no books included), etc.

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.berrybestcurriculum.com/index.html

Price: Preschool: $28.75/1 child...goes down for multiple groups; Toddler: $13.75 $6.10 shipping

How long have you used this product/service? Used the full preschool two years ago, but didn't like it. Was too advanced for DS at the time...and they didn't package everything into daily packs...so things got lost. Like the new format much better!!! Love the toddler packs.

Performance: For what it is, can't complain. The toddler pack is great for my 2-1/2 year old. Gives him what he wants... a daily arts & crafts experience beyond coloring. Give me what I want... ease of implementation. I supply glue and crayons. That's it.

Quality: Good, not great. Things on construction paper, tissue paper pieces to glue, pom poms, etc.

Customer Service/Communication: With the preschool pack a few years ago, I didn't receive the shipment...so I contacted her and she sent out another one immediately.

Would you purchase this product/service again? The toddler...absolutely.

Have you made a complaint to the company about the product/service? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof. Yes. See customer service experience.

Additional Comments: My DS and I are enjoying our 15 minutes of craft time each morning. It really is developmentally appropraite for him. I'm not so sure that the full preschool is truly for kids ages 2-4, though. 4+ yes. But I think the toddler kit is better for the younger kids.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?):

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-03-2008, 12:58 PM

I read over your review of Berry Best and checked them out. I thought it was a great idea for my toddler so I purchased one 5-day Toddler program. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

I purchased it on June 24th and it's now July 3rd and I still haven't received the order. I have been emailing them and calling them - this morning was my fourth attempt in trying to contact them. No one has replied back or called me back from the messages I have left with them.

I'm starting to think they stole my money. I'm glad the PP had a pretty good experience with them because I am NOT! It sounded like such a great deal for something my DD could look forward to each day and give us something to do inside since it's so HOT outside right now. Sadly, I will not be ordering from them again. : I'm very bummed and disappointed.

UPDATE:
After the third call to them the owner called me and apologized and said that it was in my file that someone had called. Anyways, I originally ordered a toddler program but she said they weren't going to be available until August and offered to refund my money or send me a preschool program for the price of the toddler program. I went ahead with the preschool program. She even called a couple of weeks ago to let me know the toddler programs were now available and to see if I wanted one. It's actually a really good program for what you pay for. I have no idea how they make money off of it because it seems like alot of supplies for so little money. We don't do the crafts everyday since it's a preschool program and we do our own crafts on some days as well so it has lasted us awhile. Even though I had problems before, once we run out of the program we have I will order the toddler program for sure! Hopefully, I won't encounter any more problems with them.

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 3 Old 06-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Product/Service name: Berry Best Preschool / Toddler Pack

Brief description of product/service: Two programs, one just for Toddlers includes just a daily craft...all individually packaged into a bag for each day. (Each week day). The preschool program includes the daily craft as well as some letter worksheets, story ideas (but no books included), etc.

Store/Site of purchase: http://www.berrybestcurriculum.com/index.html

Price: Preschool: $28.75/1 child...goes down for multiple groups; Toddler: $13.75 + shipping

How long have you used this product/service? Have gotten a few months over the last year of the toddler pack and once have gotten the preschool pack.

Performance: Does provide a daily craft which is fine. cut, glue, and color style. Preschool also includes a letter / number little bit. Preschool is too hard for my 2 1/2 year old but craft works fine. Not varied much though same basic idea for all crafts. I didn't feel it gave enough different types of crafts.

Quality: Good, not great. Things on construction paper, tissue paper pieces to glue, pom poms, etc.

Customer Service/Communication: never used.

Would you purchase this product/service again? No I don't think so. just not 'enough' to make it worth it.

Have you made a complaint to the company about the product/service? If yes, please provide details of any resolution or lack thereof. n/a

Additional Comments: I used this when my morning sickness was all day long to give my ds 'something' while I just couldn't do anything. For that purpose it really helped but for general use not worth it.

I give it (How many thumbs up out of five?): (for what it is)

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page