JUNE Mamas!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Baker - BIG, BIG hugs to you, sweety. Do remember that every test can look different. Several weeks ago I took another test (same brand) to compare to the first one and it was definitely lighter - BUT bloodwork the next day showed that my hCG had more than doubled!

I think I remember you saying that you weren't feeling well last week. I too had a sore throat and felt feverish, which worried me. Since then, I just have not been feeling pregnant despite being 7.5 weeks along. My bbs are no longer swollen and tender. As several of you may remember, I had been monitoring my hCG levels since we first found out I was pg last month. The levels had been rising, but plateauing every now and then. Yesterday morning, I had a brief episode of intense bleeding. Only lasted about 15 minutes and then it stopped as quickly as it began. No bleeding or spotting since. Rather than rushing to the ER, we figured we would just wait until our scheduled u/s tomorrow. I have been on progesterone so I kind of need an u/s to confirm things so I know when or whether to stop taking the progesterone.

This pregnancy has been such an enormous blessing, yet the biggest roller coaster of my life - terrifying after our last m/c. I will gladly continue riding it if it would just mean that I will be holding my baby in May/June. Right now, I think I am in numb. Still holding out hope. Tomorrow after the u/s may be a very, very different story.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#362 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Baker-Huge huugs to you. My bestfriend just experienced a mc and it took about 4 weeks for her body to naterally take care of things. I had a mc around 10 years ago and didn't know I was having one until the bleeding started around 6weeks. HTH! I have you in my thoughts today.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#363 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Thank you all for the hugs:. I think it has begun, it feels & looks just like AF and started around 12:30 today. I do have an appointment with the MW for blood tomorrow but I actually think I am going to cancle since I just "know" the answer. I have known deep down since friday but now this confirms it. I wonder if my cold on wed-thurs caused a "defect" in the creation of my little one that caused the m/c? On the up side atleast it was early on, and happened relatively quickly. The past few days have been really hard, knowing but not having any proof so I was holding on desperately to the hope that I was wrong. I actually feel a bit better now that it has begun.

Currently, we are packing a 27' Uhaul, painting, grouting tile in our bathroom so I don't have time to just sit and vedge. I wen't out and bought myself a Large Ice Coffee to drink away my misery in (I don't do coffee when pregnant and I love coffee). And tonight I plan on having a beer while we pack some more. :

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#364 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesapeakeBorn View Post

I think I remember you saying that you weren't feeling well last week. I too had a sore throat and felt feverish, which worried me. Since then, I just have not been feeling pregnant despite being 7.5 weeks along. My bbs are no longer swollen and tender. As several of you may remember, I had been monitoring my hCG levels since we first found out I was pg last month. The levels had been rising, but plateauing every now and then. Yesterday morning, I had a brief episode of intense bleeding. Only lasted about 15 minutes and then it stopped as quickly as it began. No bleeding or spotting since. Rather than rushing to the ER, we figured we would just wait until our scheduled u/s tomorrow. I have been on progesterone so I kind of need an u/s to confirm things so I know when or whether to stop taking the progesterone.

This pregnancy has been such an enormous blessing, yet the biggest roller coaster of my life - terrifying after our last m/c. I will gladly continue riding it if it would just mean that I will be holding my baby in May/June. Right now, I think I am in numb. Still holding out hope. Tomorrow after the u/s may be a very, very different story.
I hope tomorrow goes well for you, I hope you see your little one and all is well. This is my first mc so I can only imagine how it shapes your feelings toward your next pregnancy, the emotion of it all.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#365 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM

hello! if all goes well, I'll be joining the DDC, with an EDD of June 22

I'm a bit paranoid about it not sticking, I'm not sure why. Perhaps because we were TTC my son, who is 14 months, for a year, and then this time I had only gotten my cycle back once (one AF) and then we conceived, so it almost seems too easy! I am only 4 weeks today, although I got my BFP at 10 dpo. I actually started feeling pregnant at 5 dpo, which was true with my son as well (I hadn't felt like that the whole year we were ttc; I woke up one morning and just knew I was pregnant!). It's just mild stuff, though; I didn't really have much morning sickness with my first pregnancy, but I almost hope I do this time just for reassurance

Okay DS woke up while I was typing this and I'm currently nak, not so easy with a toddler who wants to type, so I'll check back in another time.
#366 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 06:33 PM

Mama_tigress- keep up those hopes about it "sticking!" My mom tried for 3 years with me and got pregnant on the first shot with my brother!
#367 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 06:54 PM

Today I feel the worst I have so far. I am sick and exhausted and I have weeped 3 times for no reason. Thank goodness that ds was visiting his bio dad today so I could just lay around. I don't remember feeling this sick with ds at all.....

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#368 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 07:32 PM

Hello June mamas! I have been lurking all week! DH wanted to wait awhile to tell people and I didn't post because I know several mamas on the board IRL.. but I finally convinced him that it wouldn't hurt to tell a few people, even though it is early. According to the online calculators, I will be due around June 15. This is our second. I am still nursing our 14 month old, although he is only interested in it in the middle of the night, which is fine by me. Anyway, I just wanted to post to say hello!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#369 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmama'08 View Post
I'm 4 weeks along and I've been having a little bit of cramping for the past.. usually through out the day.. not really painful.. just annoying. Is this anything i should worry about?
I see others have already acknowledged the same thing, but I'll add my voice. I'm 5 weeks along today and have had quite a bit of cramping in the last 5 or 6 days. There were one or two that scared me a bit because they felt so familiar (menstrual). This is my first pergnancy, so I was wondering juts like you. But evidently it's not uncommon! Yay for MDC on reassurances like this one!!

Baker -- I'm really sorry for your news.

And YogaMama, I hope you begin feeling a little better. I've been chewing organic candied ginger. It's just ginger and cane sugar. Really helps with digestion and nausea. But I may not be in full swing yet with m/s at 5 weeks along. I hope I am, because it's tolerable right now.

Unlike the rest of you, I have diahrea! What gives? Am I the only one?? Yuck. I feel queasy with it. My worst time of day for everything -- nausea, diahrea, fatigue, etc -- seems to be between 4pm and 7pm: just in time for the subway ride home from work, and a wound-up toddler waiting to play with his Mama when she walks in!

:
#370 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprek View Post
Hello June mamas! I have been lurking all week! DH wanted to wait awhile to tell people and I didn't post because I know several mamas on the board IRL.. but I finally convinced him that it wouldn't hurt to tell a few people, even though it is early. According to the online calculators, I will be due around June 15. This is our second. I am still nursing our 14 month old, although he is only interested in it in the middle of the night, which is fine by me. Anyway, I just wanted to post to say hello!
Welcome, Mamaprek! I'm also due June 15th!
#371 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM

mamaprek welcome! I am also due June 15

Girls, does anybody feel sleepy all the time? It seems to me I just eat and sleep
#372 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM

I had a lot of cramping for probably the first 9 weeks of my first pregnancy! Felt just like menstrual cramps, and they were worse when I had to stand for a long time (which I did at work). Everything was normal

Sarah, tmi but I also have diarrhea. I did with my DS, too, for a while in the beginning. I only had a very short bout of the typical constipation the entire time, too.

I'm being stupid and googling ectopic pregnancy because I'm having a pain in my lower left side. I know it's probably not that, but of course that's what came to mind. I was so scared I had an ectopic pregnancy the first time around, but at that point I was seeing an RE and he was able to get me in for an early u/s and of course everything was fine. I think I may have had a corpus luteum cyst, and perhaps I'm predisposed to them and have one again? Oh well, early pregnancy seems to bring out my anxiety, unfortunately. Thankfully a busy day with a toddler keeps my mind off of it for the most part.

So does anybody know when we'll have a "real" DDC? I'd love to get to know y'all. I've never done the DDC thing, but the first thread should be introductions, right?

hope everybody has a good night

oh, and also: my first symptom of this pregnancy was nausea while nursing my DS! It was so yucky. But that seems to have passed, thankfully (especially since he's getting molars and wants to nurse constantly lol)
#373 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Our DDC is up!

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#374 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg_7 View Post
Unlike the rest of you, I have diahrea! What gives? Am I the only one?? Yuck. I feel queasy with it. My worst time of day for everything -- nausea, diahrea, fatigue, etc -- seems to be between 4pm and 7pm: just in time for the subway ride home from work, and a wound-up toddler waiting to play with his Mama when she walks in!

:
Not this time, so far. I did last time though. It actually would be on and off diarrhea and constipation. Not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
mamaprek welcome! I am also due June 15

Girls, does anybody feel sleepy all the time? It seems to me I just eat and sleep
I can't get enough sleep. I go to bed early, I want to sleep late, I take naps. I've been told to enjoy it, since in a few months we'll be wondering when we may ever get to sleep again.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#375 of 379 Old 10-14-2007, 11:16 PM

ChristyM26б I am the same way. Sleep 9-10 hrs at night then take cat naps during the day. I even fell asleep in the car this afternoon :-))) my mom tells me to enjoy it as much as I can
#376 of 379 Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 PM

Baker - My thoughts are with you. I wonder if our cold symptoms were not actually a virus, but somehow related to our failing pregnancies.

The u/s this morning confirmed our fear that this pregnancy is not viable. I will likely miscarry when the progesterone I have been taking is out of my system. I would be 8 weeks on Thursday. I don't know where we will go from here, but I am not sure if I can do this again. They can't find anything wrong with me. Like my 5 year old said when she asked if I would have a baby, "It's just no use." (And we had not told her a thing.)

Thank you all for your support.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#377 of 379 Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM

I'm so sorry Chesapeake....big hugs to you and your family.
#378 of 379 Old 10-15-2007, 03:45 PM

Oh Chesapeake, I'm so so sorry.
#379 of 379 Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 PM

s mama. I know it must be so hard.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page