JUNE Mamas!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 379 Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I guess I'm not going to join you after all. AF showed up. This is the biggest fake out I've had ever! I so thought that this was it. I guess not. Oh well. Maybe some day...

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#62 of 379 Old 09-28-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean's mama View Post
I'm starving!!! I've been eating non-stop. I've even been getting up in the middle of the night to consume apples and crackers. I think my voracious hunger might be due to the fact that I am still bfing my ds. Is this the case for any other bfing pregnant mommies?
I've had that too, I am permanently starving - I am also still BF ds2

Quote:
Originally Posted by athansor View Post
Well, it's official now, but there is some question about whether I'm a May or a June mom! So far, I'm feeling pretty good, a bit low on energy, but I'm trying to hang in there as I have a lot of major things happening between now and the end of November.
The only slightly sad thing is that I had found some designs and had gotten all set up to get some new ink, but I imagine that will have to wait.
LOL - I am also somewhere in between May and June, but I figured that I would rather be at the begining of June, that at the tail end of May and be the last one giving birth, specially if babe does arrive in June

kJad29 - , so sorry AF showed up

ANNIE - Crunchy WAHM to 2 boys & baby girl born 12July08 ~From contentment with little comes happiness â African Proverb
#63 of 379 Old 09-28-2007, 01:25 PM

Kemi, sorry about af.

I feel so sick right now. I'm guessing that m/s is on it's way. How's everybody else feeling?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#64 of 379 Old 09-28-2007, 02:35 PM

YAY! Congrats new mamas-to-be!
Special congrats to Carolyn and Christy! So nice to see you ladies pregnant!

to kemi...the baby that is biding it's time to come to you must be very special indeed....

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#65 of 379 Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM

I'm starting to have moments of pretty intense nausea. I was sick for a good 5/6 weeks with both of my girls - so I'm taking it as a good sign of rising hormone levels! Breakfast chased it off this morning and RRL tea is my magic morning sickness potion. I just stocked up so I won't have to leave for school or teach a class without it. I'm still hoping to get to week 6 or 7 before it hits full force, but whatever happens happens! Having been in the ttc loop a lot longer this time has given me a different perspective on the aches and pains of pregnancy. Hope everyone else is feeling well - I do remember that around week 12/13 I started feeling amazing - so I know that's coming.

I'm only 4+ weeks - but are there any mamas here on #3 or more (this is my third)? I was in maternity clothes around 17 weeks with my 1st, about 13 weeks with my 2nd, so I was wondering what to expect this time around. Anyone? Plus, we'll be crossing over seasons this time, so I'm wondering if I should be hitting the major sales for next summer - but I have no idea how big I'm going to get (was bigger with 2 than with the 1st). I know it's WAY early to be thinking about all this - but I get excited and it's fun.

Namaste!
#66 of 379 Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM

Kemi, I totally agree with what jillybeans wrote to you.

I had my second beta hcg test this morning and got the results in a few hours! My hcg is up to 102.5 from 40 just 48 hours ago, so it more than doubled. I'm relieved by these results - we're off to a good start - but am anxious for my u/s in a couple of weeks.

Yogamama, this will be our fourth child (but 7th pregnancy). With #1 I needed maternity clothes around 21 weeks. With #2 and #3, I needed them at 14 weeks. I may see about getting some summer maternity clothes on sale, but not until I see a nice, strong heartbeat in there (I don't need much as my #1 was born in June) but it's nice to have a couple of new things just so I don't hate my maternity clothes too much, lol!

As for how big I got, I ate like crazy with #2 (I was soooo hungry all the time) but my appetite wasn't as raging with #3 and so I gained 15 pounds less with him and I didn't get as big. I was definitely more comfortable at the end carrying #3 than #2.
#67 of 379 Old 09-29-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamama2 View Post
I'm starting to have moments of pretty intense nausea. I was sick for a good 5/6 weeks with both of my girls - so I'm taking it as a good sign of rising hormone levels! ......

Namaste!
Ugh on the morning sickness, must be awful. I haven't had any serious MS with my other 2 so am hoping to avoid it this time too. I am also wondering when to start looking at mat wear, as @ 5 weeks my clothes are already feeling uncomfortable, I cannot stand anything tight around my stomach. I just love RRL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulips11 View Post
I had my second beta hcg test this morning and got the results in a few hours! My hcg is up to 102.5 from 40 just 48 hours ago, so it more than doubled. I'm relieved by these results - we're off to a good start - but am anxious for my u/s in a couple of weeks........
YAY on the great beta #'s

Porridge brain has kicked in already, I cannot remember what else I wanted to say...

ANNIE - Crunchy WAHM to 2 boys & baby girl born 12July08 ~From contentment with little comes happiness â African Proverb
#68 of 379 Old 09-29-2007, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is our third, so I'm interested to see when I start showing. I know with my second I needed maternity clothes a lot sooner than with my first. I'm overweight, though, so already if I put on a tighter-than-normal top I could look about 7 months pregnant. :

My maternity clothes consist of a size-up in the Target plus-size section. Most of the regular maternity clothes are too tight in the arms. I could probably get away with not buying anything, but where's the fun in that?

My symptoms are totally different so far this time, so it's almost like being pregnant for the first time again. I'm wondering if that means it's a girl, since my other two are boys. I looked at the Chinese gender prediction thing and for both my boys, it says they should have been girls, and for this one, it says it should be a boy.

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10
#69 of 379 Old 09-29-2007, 05:27 PM

My pants are already tight....and I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow!! This is my 2nd child.....although it's my 8th pg. I guess my uterus has had quite a workout! I recently (this year) lost about 25 pounds, so my pants feel like they did before I started losing all the weight....although I haven't gained anything.

My big sign is being generally short of breath and SOOO tired. I get occasional bouts of nausea, etc., but nothing constant or heavy.

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#70 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 AM

Hello all, I just found out I am expecting around June 10th! It is nice to have a "club" to belong to and talk with during this pregnancy- something I wished I would have had with the first two.

I am physically feeling pretty good, although it is pretty early. I have felt slightly nauseated when hungry, but not too bad. Definitely tired! I feel like I am lugging around a ton of bricks sometimes. The worst are my nipples. They are getting more and more sensitive as time goes by- I hope DS2 and I can manage to nurse the whole nine months.

On the topic of maternity clothes, I think I am going to go to Target and check out the summer stuff they have on sale. I have a bunch of maternity clothes, but they are for colder weather. I didn't need maternity clothes until about 7 months with DS2, so I highly doubt the clothes I have will get much use. Who knows though, my pants are already getting tight, but they are getting tight all over Time to get back to regular exercise.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#71 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 10:40 AM

EDD June 10th too. So excited. We were just gearing up to TTC and tried once last month. Guess it stuck! The line was pretty faint, but it was there!!!

DS is still nursing and I am worried that I will lose my milk.

Anyone else planning a HB?

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#72 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 AM

Welcome to Jazzmin and Dylan'sMommy!

You know, we seem to be growing slowly but surely. I feel like there are probably plenty of ladies out there lurking though.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#73 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan'sMommy View Post

EDD June 10th too. So excited. We were just gearing up to TTC and tried once last month. Guess it stuck! The line was pretty faint, but it was there!!!

DS is still nursing and I am worried that I will lose my milk.

Anyone else planning a HB?
We are planning our 3rd homebirth
DS2 also still nurses and I am really hoping to keep going the whole 9mos, with the help of some herbs if need be - like oatstraw and nettles - nice nourishing herbs that don't affect your hormones, but definitely help.
my DS1's name is Dylan

#74 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieMarie View Post
We are planning our 3rd homebirth
DS2 also still nurses and I am really hoping to keep going the whole 9mos, with the help of some herbs if need be - like oatstraw and nettles - nice nourishing herbs that don't affect your hormones, but definitely help.
my DS1's name is Dylan
Oooh great. Do you have a link to any of those herbs? What about the mother's milk tea? Can I drink that? I can already notice a decrease... is that really bad? It usually goes down right around AF and then comes back up.

#75 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 PM

If you have a look at www.susunweed.com she has a lot if info in there, there is also a forum, with a section for the childbearing year, she also has a book specially for this. I am not sure what is in the mothers milk tea, but I have been avoiding alfalfa bec it increases prolactin - but have not read anywhere it should be avoided just something that I have done. Herbs like RRL, stinging nettles, oatstraw are very nourishing and I have read about them being good for both PG and BF, at this stage I am sticking with those, but will look into this further as the need arises and am happy to share here

#76 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Any nursing moms here? Specially anyone from "Nursing Mommies ttc in September"?:
I'm here!!

I am so excited!!! After so long of trying it has finally happened - I almost can't believe it, still.

I am due on June 5th. I am not having too many pregnancy symptoms just yet. I have had a few nauseous moments, but they were fleeting. I have also had a few 'tender nipple' moments - also fleeting....But my pants are SOO TIGHT!! I can't believe it! I don't even think that I'm 5 weeks yet. Is this normal?? Honestly, I'll be in mat.. clothes in a week at this rate .

The only problem with that is that most of my mat. clothes are on loan to my cousin. I don't think that I would have told her that I was pregnant as early as I'm going to have to now!

I went to a local mat. clothe store yeaterday and bought some summer stuff on sale. I was glad that I did; they had some great sales (and it was super fun). Hopefully it wasn't too premature.

As for telling people, I have told more people this time than I had with my other pregnancies at this point in time (parents, grandparents and siblings and best friends). We then felt that we had to tell our kids as we didn't want them to find out from someone else, or from overhearing. Needless to say they are very excited!

Just curious who you folks have told yet?

Also curious how everyone else is feeling.

And mostly, Hello!!! Nice to see some familar faces (names!!) here! Congratulations to everyone
#77 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
If you have a look at www.susunweed.com she has a lot if info in there, there is also a forum, with a section for the childbearing year, she also has a book specially for this. I am not sure what is in the mothers milk tea, but I have been avoiding alfalfa bec it increases prolactin - but have not read anywhere it should be avoided just something that I have done. Herbs like RRL, stinging nettles, oatstraw are very nourishing and I have read about them being good for both PG and BF, at this stage I am sticking with those, but will look into this further as the need arises and am happy to share here

Thanks for the link. I definitely want to continue to nurse through out the pregnancy.

I am planning a on having a home birth, it will be out first. I am kind of waiting to find a midwife, since I haven't even missed a period yet. When would you normally look for a midwife?

#78 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Yeah, thanks for the info! I would hate for my milk to dry up. We would both be heartbroken!

I've already talked with a midwife to make sure she would accept me (I'm kind of high risk-- long story,) but I don't think you would need to find one until around 8-10 weeks.

#79 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Karen, I noticed in your siggie that you wrote "student veggie mama." Are you a vegetarian? I'm asking because my dh and I became vegetarians back in August and we're really just learning about it all and I don't have a lot of information about vegetarianism and pregnancy. I talked to my OB's nutritionist but she had little info for me and seemed to think that we'd stop being vegetarian soon enough for some reason. Anyway, if you have any info about it or websites you know of that you could point me to, I'd be most grateful!
#80 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM

I'm not in your DDC but I just thought I would stop by and say
Congrats,
June Mommas!

: : : : :

to the DDCs
#81 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Finally I can post about it (had to wait to tell DH's family due to family using this site). We are having our 2nd baby due in early June We're very excited. Contats to all you mamas
#82 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Karen, I noticed in your siggie that you wrote "student veggie mama." Are you a vegetarian? I'm asking because my dh and I became vegetarians back in August and we're really just learning about it all and I don't have a lot of information about vegetarianism and pregnancy. I talked to my OB's nutritionist but she had little info for me and seemed to think that we'd stop being vegetarian soon enough for some reason. Anyway, if you have any info about it or websites you know of that you could point me to, I'd be most grateful!

I was vegetarian through both pregnancies and didn't have any issues. I ate lots of beans and rice (I craved it almost daily), nuts, and I drank fruit smoothies with whey protein. Also, remember to try and eat iron rich foods.

I don't have any books to recommend specifically on pregnancy and vegetarianism, I just used vegetarian cookbooks and tried to make sure I was eating the right combinations of foods for max. protein intake.

#83 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Yep. I am lacto-ovo. Check out the Brewer's diet. He has a lacto-ovo option and a vegan option. I did not follow it in my last pregnancy, but I will in this one. As long as you are getting enough protein and vit B12 you will be just fine.

#84 of 379 Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
I'm here!!

Just curious who you folks have told yet?

Also curious how everyone else is feeling.

And mostly, Hello!!! Nice to see some familar faces (names!!) here! Congratulations to everyone
Well, after today, I think just about everyone knows. I told a couple of close friends and asked them not to say anything. Unfortunately, I had no idea that they had big mouths . I just came out and posted on MySpace because I figured if I waited any longer, I wouldn't have anyone to tell.

I'm feeling tired and nausea at times. The m/s is not as bad as it was with ds. When I was pg with him, I threw up all day, every day for 6 mos and then it came back the last 6 weeks. I still managed to gain 70 pounds though. I'm not really sure how that happened:
#85 of 379 Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 AM

Obviously DH knows (heh). And my sister who is living with us knows. And a friend because she was going to sell a sling that I wanted and, duh, why on earth would I want a sling at this point? haha. I think I'm going to wait for the first u/s to tell others, though. I kind of like having this little secret (and, really, I'm the WORST secret keeper).

I took a nap this afternoon and think I woke up a little warm because being warm is what makes me nauseous, and as I walked down stairs I ended up stumbling to the couch with a bottle of ice water and the overhead fan on. Dh walked in and said, "Are you ok?" and I just muttered, "Hot. Sick." Blech. But, in a twisted way, I enjoy the (small! here me? make them SMALL!) bouts of nausea because that keeps me from freaking out that it's all in my head. That, and the 5 positive HPT in my bathroom drawer.
#86 of 379 Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Are any BF mama's going to take progesterone cream? I am considering it because I seem to be hot a lot and I read that is a sign of low progesterone. DS nurses so much I fear that I could really have low progesterone and I sort of fear a miscarriage.

Oh, and I have only told one person other than DH. A friend of mine is a doula and I wanted her suggestions on a midwife. I think we are going to wait for a bit. My good friend is going to have a baby soon and I don't want to take away from her moment.

#87 of 379 Old 10-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Congrats, Lab80 and mamatotwo!

Thanks Jazzmin and Karen!

Dh knows, as well as 1 local friend, and 1 friend who lives far away. That's it. We're waiting until we see the heart beating on u/s to tell others. Except my 3 closest friends are coming over on Wed. evening. I don't know how I'm going to get through the evening keeping it a secret! We have another family that lives out of state, but that we are very close with that are due with their 3rd child in just a week or so. Unfortunately, their baby has Trisomy 18 and isn't expected to live very long. It is utterly heartbreaking... we're not sure when to tell them our news.

Jazzmin, I'm not bf'ing currently, but I am taking progesterone supplements (not cream, but suppositories). I didn't know about being warm/hot being a sign of low progesterone. Progesterone increases body temp (that is what causes the temps to rise on a bbt chart and temps fall as progesterone falls just as AF shows up; also progesterone falls just before labor -- it allows the uterus to contract) and essentially works as an incubator for the developing baby. I would think that being warm/hot would be a good sign?

Physically, I'm still feeling really great. I can't seem to sleep past 5am or so, so by evening I'm really tired, but during the day I don't seem unusually tired. I haven't been nauseous at all. My symptoms don't really start though until I'm about 6 weeks. I take that as 2 freebie weeks! :-)
#88 of 379 Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 AM

I totally told everyone! I retook a test today to confirm. With my last pregnancy, it wasn't planned and I didn't want to tell anyone. With this one I am so excited that I can't contain myself!

I already feel bloated! Man, I hope I don't need maternity clothes soon! Last time I was 5 months before I wore any. I guess its time to go and break them out of the attic!

#89 of 379 Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Are any BF mama's going to take progesterone cream? I am considering it because I seem to be hot a lot and I read that is a sign of low progesterone. DS nurses so much I fear that I could really have low progesterone and I sort of fear a miscarriage.

Oh, and I have only told one person other than DH. A friend of mine is a doula and I wanted her suggestions on a midwife. I think we are going to wait for a bit. My good friend is going to have a baby soon and I don't want to take away from her moment.
Interesting on the progesterone, I get what I can only describe as hot flushes, suddenly I am hot and take of my jersey only to be cold 10 min later. Now you have me wondering about this. Would the prog cream not further reduce BM supply though? I also seem to think that higher temps would indicate higher prog so getting hot should be fine...?

#90 of 379 Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 AM

I agree, I think it may reduce supply. I don't know much about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page