Mothering Forum banner

JUNE Mamas!!

14K views 378 replies 83 participants last post by  *Karen* 
#1 ·
I think I am the first one...no? I am only 7 DPO, and I am only 99% sure at this point, my tests tonight had very light lines on them, I bet the one in the morning will be darker. If not I guess I will start the June thread, but not be here!! Oops!
Anyone else at this point? My DD would be June 4th!

#102 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulips11 View Post
Karen, I noticed in your siggie that you wrote "student veggie mama." Are you a vegetarian? I'm asking because my dh and I became vegetarians back in August and we're really just learning about it all and I don't have a lot of information about vegetarianism and pregnancy. I talked to my OB's nutritionist but she had little info for me and seemed to think that we'd stop being vegetarian soon enough for some reason. Anyway, if you have any info about it or websites you know of that you could point me to, I'd be most grateful!
Another vegetarian here! I've started a group in the vegetarian section as well for pregnant moms, or anyone who wants to share info about being veg*n and pregnant.

Chesapeake, that's great news. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

#103 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
My memory is going!!! With DS2 I was constantly loosing my words and train of thought. It is starting again. I am so forgetful lately. I am going to have to do brain exercises religiously.
I'm right there with you. This morning I accidently put the cream cheese in the freezer and didn't find it until this afternoon, after it was frozen solid.

#104 ·
Chesapeake ~ WOW that is FANTASTIC sending loads of healthy positive vibes your way. Makes me think of 'vanishing twin syndrome' where you start out with two and one 'vanishes', it is quite common aparently. I am just so happy for you!!!!

Anyone know when we will have our own DDC forum?

#105 ·
I'm just posting to say hi, I'll likely go back and forth between may & june as I got 2 dates from different online calculators (the first of june/the last of may) but I offically joined May since I tend to go into labor early anyway. I have a local friend here in June (Hi Lisa!) and she better not be in labor the same day as me since we use the same midwife

This is number five, not planned, still trying to get used to it and starting to get excited about it now that the "worst part" (telling my inlaws!) is over.

Aisling

#106 ·
Well I think I'm in here. I don't do pg tests (too expensive for us) but keep a watch on my temps and mucus changing. No sign of AF and temps are staying high...so we'll see. My dd would be June 4th according to the online calculation that I did, but it's always off by a few days to a week. So I will have to calculate it when I am more positive. I was part of a DDC with my 3rd pregnancy and it was wonderful to have. This is #4 for us and our last child
I don't feel too bad, actually no change here yet!

Nice to meet you all!

So I should be back...

#108 ·
Hi, my name is Corissa. My EDD is June 4, but I still haven't gotten a + yet. I have an appointment with my previous ob to get this pregnancy confirmed. I had a c-section (mislead by ob
) with my first, so I am really going to push for a vbac with this one.

I have mild pregnancy symptoms, but I am so in tune with my body that I can't miss a single one. I have tender/heavier breasts, lower abdominal/pelvis region is hard, queasiness(started today), increased appetite, darkening areolas, mild, mild cramps, bloated, face break-out, absence of migraines (I normally get 2 a week). That's all I can think of at the top of my head. I am not really sure why I haven't gotten a positive. Is anyone having this problem? I know that it could still be too soon to test, but this concerns me. I mean, I pretty much know that I am pregnant. That, or my PP AF is pending - which, I doubt.

Nice to meet you all!

#109 ·
Welcome back ChesapeakBorn - lots of sticky vibes coming your way!

I was already pretty sick by this point (5 weeks) with both my other pregnancies, so while I'm loving that it's only periodic, mild nausea, it also concerns me a little. I'm just going to take care of myself and try not to worry. I'm meeting with some homebirth midwives on Thursday and I'm really excited about it. We're keeping things on the down low for a while - probably tell work and school around 12 weeks.

Yeah - so many veggie mama's on here! Any vegans? I'm ovo-lacto normally, but I have to cut out dairy and refined sugar when pregnant (does a number on my blood pressure!). I've been watching calories, protein grams and servings of fruits and veggies and I've definately got some tweaking to do. Moe's is my new favorite restaurant! I can get an awesome vegan burrito with 20 grams of protein and 2 or 3 servings of veggies! I've got Becoming Vegan which I have to go through again, and Healthy Cooking for Kids which has great vegan recipes. I'm already trying to come up with some holiday foods, because my inlaws are going to flip when I tell them that not only am I not eating meat on Thanksgiving, but no dairy or sugar either! Throw in the homebirth and they will be ready to ship me off to the funny farm! I think we'll keep that part to ourselves for a while.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Namaste.

#110 ·
Hi all! Im back from vacation. Well if you can call it that...not to relaxing dragging a 2 yo on 4 plane rides, and staying in a house that could double as a museum. Anyway, we survived. (oh, one last bit so maybe you can understand my trip...I was asked to take him to the philharmonic, we lasted about 3 minutes)

I feel pretty good, just a little tired, and alittle sick. Im 5 weeks now! Clothes are not getting tight yet, but I dont think it will be long.

Cheasapeake!!! Im SSOOOO happy for you! Keep us updated on all the progress! You have one very strong baby on your hands!

Yoga: Its funny that you just asked, DH and I just recently desided to give up meat. I think we will just limit dairy, but no meat. Its been somthiing I have been wanting to do for a long time, and we never eat that much before, so I feel like I pretty much know how to eat a healthy veg diet, but if you have any suggestions (especially for prenancy) LMK! Also any other books!

Take care everyone! Grow them healthy babys!

#111 ·
Hi Aishy
How did the inlaws take the news?
:

I'm a little over 5 weeks now, my clothes still fit me just fine, but I'm sure at around 8 weeks that will change. That's how it was with DS.

I've come to the conclusion that whenever I talk myself into buying a new pair of jeans I will end up pregnant and not get to enjoy the new pair of jeans for a long time. LOL I'm 2 for 2 now. After DS was born and all of the breastfeeding I lost a fair bit of weight and was excited to buy smaller jeans. I got to enjoy it for 2 months.

#112 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lab80 View Post
Hi Aishy
How did the inlaws take the news?
:

Not so bad, I wasn't there when he told em. My fil called me this morning to let me know he was getting me a Chai (though SB screwed up and gave him a coffee, yuck! It even said chai on it) & said "Hey I heard the great news congratultations" and was all supportive 'bout how yeah maybe it'll be difficult, but they are there if we need them and they are excited about another beautiful baby. Aww. So yeah. If anyone is upset I am obviously not going to hear about it (I hope, i'm havinga hard enough time as it is). And? Check my post history for how Jeric took the news. Yikes.

I just got new jeans too!!! ugh. I also gave away my maternity clothes a few months ago.

aisling

#113 ·
I just bought new jeans too not so long ago!

Does anyone know when the official due date club for June will be set up? Does someone have to do something to initiate it or is it automatically created?

I have my first u/s appt. set up for Oct. 15! Can't wait!

I should know this since we've done this so many times...but does anyone remember how early you can generally expect to see a heartbeat on transvaginal u/s? Thanks!

#114 ·
We have our first appt. on October 30th...that is when my MidWife thinks we can hear the heartbeat using a doppler. I'll be around 10 weeks then. I'm not sure about the transvaginal, I've never had one.

I'm not sure about the DDC, I wish it would get set-up though

#115 ·
I'm sure someone will notice that this thread is getting busy.

So Aisling...were we in the Oct 05 ddc together? You look familiar - well your sig does...

I haven't gotten excited about this pregnancy...well I am a bit but I want to be sure. I will wait until this weekend to make sure.

Wow there are lots of us due on June 4th!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

#116 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesapeakeBorn View Post
OMG. You are never going to believe this. I think I am back in the game.

As many of you recall, my HCG levels last Monday (1 week ago) had dropped slightly to 30 after plateauing at 36. After that value of 30, the doctors told me it was over. I had demanded progesterone when my levels plateaued and they reluctantly gave it to me, but at a dose of 1 suppository per day (the drug manufacturer recommends 2 - 3 times per day). So last Monday, when my levels dropped, I upped my dose on my own to 2 times a day. Last Fridays HCG level was 87, still low but rising.

Today's.... 270!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This just goes to show you: go with your gut, stand up for yourself, YOU are your best advocate.

I am still scared about the possibility of an ectopic and worried that something may have happened to the embryo when my levels dropped. If my levels keep rising, then they will do an ultasound. I sure hope we see a baby, and not just the sack.

So, if you don't mind, I am sending out a prayer request that this child may be healthy and with our family in June, despite its slow start. Many thanks and sending sticky vibes to all.

Awesome!! Looks like it's doubling every 2.4 days. That's within the normal range. I will say a prayer for you that this pregnancy sticks!!

#117 ·
Quote:
We have our first appt. on October 30th...that is when my MidWife thinks we can hear the heartbeat using a doppler. I'll be around 10 weeks then.
I have my first appointment on October 17th, I'll be 7 weeks, but do you think it would be weird of me to ask to put it off until I was a little further along, so we could hear the heartbeat? This is our 4th baby, so I'm not sure there's a point to seeing the MW so early... I'm pretty sure the last time around, we didn't see her for our first appointment until I was 12 weeks along.

So far, I feel great, I'm actually looking forward to a little m/s so I feel pg.

susie

#118 ·
spearso...unless you are high risk for anything i don't see a problem with pushing your first appointment date back until you are further along. i am using the same mw i used with ds and for both of them she has made the first appointments around the time we can hear the heartbeat. she offered to let us come in sooner, but i don't see any point.

we also found out our insurance will cover midwives now, that is awesome

#119 ·
Lovnbnhome - yup, I was on Oct 05 DDC, too. I never keep up with the baby threads after the littles are born.

Lisa - we're doing our first appointment on Oct 25, we should be able to hear the HB then. I am soo excited to see Molly again, and for Ari to see the horse she said was available for petting ; )

ais

#122 ·
Hi Everyone!
I'd like to add myself to the group. I took a total of 4 tests, all tested positive (first tests were 12 dpo and I took another one this morning). Even before I tested I knew something was different and suspected I was pregnant. This is my first so I am a little nervous that I am wrong. My breasts have been pretty sore for a couple weeks and I had a huge breakout on my chin. I've been a little dizzy also.
My husband and I are so excited! I called for an appt with the midwife yesterday but they didn't want to see me until Nov 5 and they don't run blood work. I guess I just wanted someone to confirm everything. Is that normal or should I call my general practitioner and see if they will give me a blood test?

Thanks for listening!

#125 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama2 View Post
Yeah - so many veggie mama's on here! Any vegans? I'm ovo-lacto normally, but I have to cut out dairy and refined sugar when pregnant (does a number on my blood pressure!).
Huh? Really? I am already having an increase in BP. I've never heard this! I am trying to follow the Brewer's Diet, but man that is a LOT of milk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.