Oh nursing is feeling W.E.I.R.D - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's weird and I don't like it! Eeeks!
My little one is really working hard to get my milk to let down and keep up with him (it's totally not ), and then the weird nursing sensations have started. I was hoping I would not have to make myself do it, but that I'd be 'normal' and it wouldn't bug me so overly much. I was having to make myself sit still!

Bleh, I hate that.

Is anyone else having their skin crawl?

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#2 of 6 Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 PM

nak right now actually

my first sign that I was pregnant was nausea when I let down...blech
I don't seem to be letting down much today
but as of yesterday I was still having some of that
I'm told that's unusual, that more women find that nursing actually helps with morning sickness
#3 of 6 Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 PM

My skin's not crawling. Yet.
If history is any indication, yeah, I'll be there clenching my teeth hoping the kiddo will hurry up and get his milk and get away from me. So far it just feels funny with different sensations every which way.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#4 of 6 Old 10-17-2007, 03:21 AM

Yep. I'm there too. I just have to get ds to stop, I start feeling so sick. He cries, which is really sad.. I want to feel good because he's now 2.5 yrs but I still feel like it's "move over" time in a way.. I think child-led weaning for us would be around 4 or 5 for this guy.. and dh reminded me that I said we'd stop when either of us was wanting to stop. It feels really abrupt though. Hope it's not traumatic or destroying our relationship?!?! That's silly, I know, but bf has been such a huge part of our lives man! It's how I get him to nap! Maybe we'll just aim to be in the car around nap time and get ds to fall asleep that way..:

Erin
#5 of 6 Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 AM

I'm actually having to increase nursing sessions because my supply has gone bannanas. My breasts are hard and swollen with milk all day long and since I hate pumping nursing is the only thing that relieves that feeling. I was having some pain last week because of extremly increased sensitivity, it felt like she was biting me while nursing, but it's calmed down a lot.

That is interesting about nursing helping with morning sickness! Thanks for sharing that because I had many horrible horrible months of morning sickness last pregnancy and nothing helped, maybe this time won't be so bad.
#6 of 6 Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 PM

not weird yet, but my nipples did become more sensitive this week! We've been slowly cutting back on nursing for awhile now, in that I try to keep DS (15 m) stuffed to the gills with healthy food and water and therefore he doesn't ask to nurse more than once or twice a day, which is definitely coming in handy now that my supply is starting to diminish. So far DS hasn't seemed to mind the pace of our gradual weaning, and I don't mind nursing for a few months more, but I really don't want to tandem nurse, so we'll see how it goes I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page