Queen of Good Nutrition ... NOT! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2007, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ... in my weirdo "not nauseated, but just feel like s***" state .. I've been eating less than stellar lately.

For instance ...
Yesterday afternoon ....
bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Potato Chips . something about the salt/cheese
Then ... at the volleyball game, had a hot dog. Now, let's keep in mind that this was approximately 5 minutes after I told my DH that I was feeling lousy!
I also ate lemon drops to keep the nausea away.

This morning ....
I had DH run up to Dairy Queen for biscuits and gravy. I am NOT kidding you ... it's the first thing I thought about when I opened my eyes this AM.
I also had soup for lunch ... just chicken noodle. DH said, "You know .. we should probably get low sodium soup." I told him, if he did .... I would simply add the salt back in!!!
Currently ... I'm eating cheese and crackers. I think I've eaten about a 1/2 of an 8 oz block of cheese!!!!

PLEASE tell me that you all have some whacked out eating habits, too!!

4 1/2 weeks to go ... then I'll eat normally ....

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Spaghetti-O's with meatballs. 'Nuff said.

At least I only crave them when I'm pregnant, and this is the third time they've wandered into the house. My 4yo thinks it's tomato soup because I never buy it in regular reality.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
Old 10-17-2007, 09:11 PM

Well, I've been eating much differently than normal, but I can't say it's particularly UNhealthy. I figure, though, that in early pregnancy you have to do what you have to do. Actually, I was very lucky because my mother offered to let me charge a bunch of food to her, and since I'm having very strong aversions to almost all foods on Earth, I went to Whole Foods and stocked up on those Amy's frozen burritos and stuff LOL I cook pretty good burritos myself, but seriously in the middle of the day when I feel sick and my DS needs me, I don't exactly have time to whip up a burrito. And Mexican is basically the only thing that is the least bit appetizing at the moment.

My friend had to eat potato chips every morning for weeks in early pregnancy. And she is usually a healthy eater. I think it's normal to "stray" a little from our typical eating habits
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmonter View Post
Spaghetti-O's with meatballs. 'Nuff said.

At least I only crave them when I'm pregnant, and this is the third time they've wandered into the house. My 4yo thinks it's tomato soup because I never buy it in regular reality.
I ate so many Spaghettio's w meatballs when PG with Rachel .. we used to laugh and say she was going to come out round and orange!!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 AM

I am totally nauseous all day long, but alternate between I'm-going-to-vomit-any-minute and I'M STARVING. The only things that sound even remotely do-able are things that are creamy. It started out innocently enough with grits at all hours of the day/night. Then it was the awesome (cheesy, calorie-laden) squash casserole at a local restaurant. Then boxed potatoes au gratin. My real potatoes au gratin are SO much better, but it's only the boxed kind that sound good right now. And, my newest obsession is Golden Flake salt and vinegar chips. Golden Flake is a small southern brand, and their salt and vinegar chips are extra salty and SO vinegary. I ate a whole bag by myself in 2 days' time. ugh. At least this is slightly better than my first pregnancy--I was SO sick and lived for 4 straight months on Bugles, graham crackers, SlimJims and caffeine-free Pepsi... no kidding.

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
I am totally nauseous all day long, but alternate between I'm-going-to-vomit-any-minute and I'M STARVING.
This is SOOOOO me. Even through the night I wake up and think, "I'm gonna throw up. I'm gonna throw up. I'm gonna throw up."

It seems that if I LITERALLY eat something EVERY hour, I feel not so bad. I still feel queasy and nauseous but the THROW UP, THROW UP, THROW UP thing at least passes me by.

I am having a hard time trying to eat that much during the day though. It's like I'm not hungry but MUST eat. Then when I get home from work there's a MILLION things that have to be done and while I'm doing them, all I can think is, "I'M STARVING, I'M STARVING, I'M STARVING."

It's ridiculous!

Part-Time WOHM/Full-Time WAHM to 2 little sweeties PEANUT(2yo) & BUGS(8mos)
Check out my Homepage!:
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaK View Post
Ok ... in my weirdo "not nauseated, but just feel like s***" state .. I've been eating less than stellar lately.

For instance ...
Yesterday afternoon ....
bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Potato Chips . something about the salt/cheese
Then ... at the volleyball game, had a hot dog. Now, let's keep in mind that this was approximately 5 minutes after I told my DH that I was feeling lousy!
I also ate lemon drops to keep the nausea away.

This morning ....
I had DH run up to Dairy Queen for biscuits and gravy. I am NOT kidding you ... it's the first thing I thought about when I opened my eyes this AM.
I also had soup for lunch ... just chicken noodle. DH said, "You know .. we should probably get low sodium soup." I told him, if he did .... I would simply add the salt back in!!!
Currently ... I'm eating cheese and crackers. I think I've eaten about a 1/2 of an 8 oz block of cheese!!!!

PLEASE tell me that you all have some whacked out eating habits, too!!

4 1/2 weeks to go ... then I'll eat normally ....
I never worry about what I eat when I am in the MS phase. As far as nutrition goes - all bets are off! It's all a matter of what doesn't make me want to hurl.

When I am sick, I just have to go with my gut, as it were. If that means Spaghettios and a Capri Sun, so be it!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 AM

I have been a poor eater lately, too. For instance, I had healthy vegetable soup for lunch, but it didn't do it for me, my stomach was still rumbling after I ate it. The only thing that would satisfy my hunger was french fries and fried cheese sticks My nausea isn't too bad, but I have major food aversion, nothing sounds good

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 AM

I'm just not eating anything. With pregnancy #1 I had a great appetite and as long as I ate very regularly I felt fine.

This baby I feel crappy all day and eating makes me feel worse :

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenagy View Post
At least this is slightly better than my first pregnancy--I was SO sick and lived for 4 straight months on Bugles, graham crackers, SlimJims and caffeine-free Pepsi... no kidding.
mmmm Bugles!!!
I'm in the South ... I know about Golden Flake .. we have Mike Sells here, too. I seriously may have to go on a junk food stocking mission tomorrow.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:17 PM

I hadn't really been feeling sick until yesterday. I ate a grilled cheese for lunch and then had chick fil a fried chicken sandwich for dinner with fries and a huge ice cream. This morning my eggs made me nauseous (I eat oatmeal and scrambled eggs for breakfast just about everyday), I was ok with the oatmeal. Then all I could stomach for lunch was a burger from Five Guys and fries. Back at work I ate a milky way and I wasn't even hungry! I don't feel like I will actually throw up but I have that semi-hungover feeling that makes me what to eat something greasy.
I am normally a very healthy eater and my husband seemed somewhat mortified at my total pig out yesterday and today. He did laugh though and thinks he will try to plan some meals that will appetize me for the next week. He's a such sweety but when he asked for my list of what sounded good it was chicken fingers, hamburger, tapioca and applesauce!

User Tag List