Developing Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know for a lot of you this isn't your first baby. You've BTDT. But for me it is and I take pleasure in the little things. I am absolutely beyond amazed at this website - babystrology.com

You put in your due date and it shows this bubble of the little bean as it looks right now.

Amazing. Just amazing. I can't beleive that thing is inside of me. My baby. OUR baby. Wow. Growing and getting bigger everyday.

I posted mine on my blog and everyday I go there it counts down the days I have left, 233. And each day I think it is looking more and more like a little baby.

Part-Time WOHM/Full-Time WAHM to 2 little sweeties PEANUT(2yo) & BUGS(8mos)
Check out my Homepage!:
#2 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 PM

I feel the same way! I have been to that site and was completely amazed as well. This is my first so I know exactly what you mean about how amazing it all is. My husband and I say to each other everyday how strange yet miraculous it is that there is a little being growing inside of me!
#3 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 PM

It's not just a first baby thing girls
I am just completely humbled and awe struck each and every pg!
It has blown my mind every pg thinking about the miracle inside me and that I could be blessed in such a wonderful way:
I still love to look at growth progression too.
lafemmebonita is another really cool ticker that not only shows baby progression like that but it also has the middle part of the mother and her belly grows with the baby accordingly
#4 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Yes this is not a first-time thing. I'm completely amazed at the fact that I'm making a PERSON. Wow. And this is my second baby. I am very fond of http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/pregnancy/calendar/week/6 (well, this is the 6-week page but you can click on any week). Amazing photographs. We actually have a book called "A Child is Born" with beautiful pictures too.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#5 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 02:29 PM

Yeah, I'm also in awe and it's my second. Although honestly I was a bit more in awe before I read the chapter from my DH's embryology textbook about this week of development It's cool and all, but it's still just a blob of cells really :P So much is happening so quickly, though!
#6 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

With my first, I was completely in awe. With my second, I was completely terrified that something would go wrong. When I mentioned to the NP that I thought I'd be more confident this time around, not less, she said, "Well of course you're worried. The first time around it was wonderful and exciting. Now you know just how much you love this baby."

I remember with the first, looking at women on their second or fifth kid and thinking it must not be as cool as the first time, or as special. But I was wrong. Each baby is a miracle and a blessing. Each baby makes your heart grow more (do I sound like the grinch?).
#7 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Those are all awesome sites! I just camped for like 20 min. and looked. I love how amazing it all is. It's just amazing.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#8 of 12 Old 10-18-2007, 10:05 PM

Wow the I am Pregnant sight is cool.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#9 of 12 Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 PM

With my first, I was completely in awe. With my second, I was completely terrified that something would go wrong. When I mentioned to the NP that I thought I'd be more confident this time around, not less, she said, "Well of course you're worried. The first time around it was wonderful and exciting. Now you know just how much you love this baby."

That's exactly how I feel! I've always loved kids, but no words describe how much I loved (love!) that little girl when she was born. And now the prospect of going through that again is such a prize, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells!

Some people know they were meant to be doctors or teachers or the like...I feel my best role in life is mother and everything is secondary from there.
#10 of 12 Old 10-19-2007, 12:32 PM

Beautifully and truthfully said.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#11 of 12 Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 AM

This is my first time too and I'm loving this site:

http://www.visembryo.com/

It actually shows you what's developing every few days, not just week by week. I love it!
#12 of 12 Old 10-21-2007, 10:19 PM

This one is very cool too. https://www.ehd.org/dev_article_unit1.php

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page