Breast Changes?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When are we supposed to notice breast changes?? I'm 4.2 weeks AKA 16dpo and have very slightly tender bb's on and off and sore/tender nipples all the time.

I don't have any visual changes though. No more veins that usual and they are not dark, no darkening areolas, no montgomery tubercles popping out, etc...

I'm very fair skinned...I thought I'd be able to see changes by now. Of course I'm only 16dpo so maybe I'm jumping the gun a little

Anyone know when to expect breast changes???
#2 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM

I felt like my boobs were HUGE at this point during my first preg (not to mention extremely sore). But this time around I haven't noticed anything so far. A little nipple tenderness when DS latches, but otherwise nada. So I think it can be pretty variable. It's still early...

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#3 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 03:06 PM

With DS I didn't see any color changes until about 13-14 weeks, also didn't have an breast pain other than an occasional shooting pain thru the nipples.

This time my boobs are sore, but no color changes yet. Sounds normal to me.

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08
#4 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 03:38 PM

My breasts were sore early in my first pregnancy, but as far as appearance, they didn't change at all the entire pregnancy. No joke, I didn't go up a bra size or anything (I stayed my little old A and I still only wear a B while nursing). Oh, wait, maybe towards the end I could see the veins a bit more, I'm not sure. No, they really changed when my milk came in on the third day of my DS's life. Until then they were pretty much the same.
#5 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your responses My boobs are the least of my probalems now...I'm crampy
#6 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 PM

Me too... it doesn't mean bad things always - keep the faith!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#7 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 AM

With my first two I had major breast changes and soreness. This time around sore nipples are the only change and that comes and goes.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#8 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 AM

With my first pregnancy my breast felt sore within the first month - but not unusually so, just like when I would get my period. I think maybe second trimester is when they got bigger.

This time around they are really sore, but I am still bfing my toddler so I think that is why. I am anxiously waiting for them to plump up again!

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#9 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 10:30 AM

I'm working on baby #3 (4th pregnancy) and haven't had any breast changes with any of my pg's. As I have learned, it's so different for every body.
#10 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM

I knew I was pregnant because my breasts were so sore and looked fuller. Now, at 6 weeks they are still very sore, fuller but not yet a full bra size bigger and I have started noticing more veins. I'm sure it varies for each person.

In regards to the cramping Daisy Fleur, I had cramps about a week ago or maybe 2 and I called my midwife. She said as long as it wasn't severe and there wasn't any blood, not to worry that it was normal. Still freaked me out though! I get them every once in a while still but I think I am just used to them now. Sometimes it is actually gas pain (I am abnormally gassy all the time now) rather than a cramp. {{HUGS}}
#11 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 02:46 PM

Sore nipps here. I feel a bit fuller too. I'm noticing a bit darer areola. Mine had started fading alot and were almost back to the pre-pregnancy color. So far this pregnancy I'm enjoying the lack of signs of pregnancy. lol
#12 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 PM

I just noticed this last week that my breasts are fuller and tender - and I was 7 weeks Tuesday. I cramped everyday (no blood - although I did spot with my second pregnancy and all was fine!) until this week as well. I was a little nervous because I didn't remember it lasting that long, but it all seems to be good! We're all different - plus, if I remember correctly, only a few weeks after the cramping stops, the round ligament pain begins. I'm hoping yoga will help that, but ligaments don't have much stretch - hence the pain!

It's so hard not to worry. I'm not seeing my midwife until I'm 12 weeks, and we hope to hear a heartbeat then. Until then it's my morning sickness that keeps me feeling things are okay!

Namaste.
#13 of 13 Old 10-21-2007, 01:13 PM

This is my second pregnancy and my boobs have gotten bigger than I ever thought possible they are HUGE. I don't remember the more noticable/bluer veins thing happening until later in my pregnancy last time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page