feeling better... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but that makes me worried!

I'm about 8 weeks pregnant, & while my boobs are still huge & slightly tender, I can now walk down stairs without having to hold them to stop them hurting. I no longer want to eat a horse every day, nor am I nauseous. I am much less fatigued. I feel much less emotional & much more cheerful.

Is this progression into trimester two? I haven't had any spotting or anything & we heard the heartbeat last week... - but I liked having "symptoms" to know that I was pregnant!
#2 of 5 Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 PM

yeah, it's just one of those paranoia things
I think it's impossible to gauge the health of a pregnancy by our symptoms, because our symptoms are so variable

I know that I myself am feeling much better today, and have more milk and such. But I still have little things, and you probably do too if you think about it. I'm only 4w4d, so super early to have symptoms anyway, but still...

I think a lot of women start getting less nauseated around 8 weeks. Since you already heard the heartbeat, chances are you're just over-analyzing (which we probably all do).

If it really worries you, you can get in touch with your midwife or OB. It's really okay to call them with questions and for reassurance {{hugs}}
#3 of 5 Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM

I can't remember the exact stat, but something like 97%+ of pregnancies go on to a live birth once the heartbeat has been detected. Yay!

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#4 of 5 Old 10-18-2007, 05:08 PM

kltroy, your numbers correct. After seeing a good hb with normal progression, the risk of a m/c drops to 3%, so 97% of mamas go on to have normal, healthy pregnancies.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#5 of 5 Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 PM

That statistic is right for hearing it on doppler - NOT seeing it on U/S. Definitely not trying to be negative though....

Try not to worry too much (if at all possible). More than likely everything is fine. If you are really concerned, you can always call your care provider.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page