I think I may be joining you....*update!* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi there :
Well, after going to the hospital for mastitis, they got me thinking about my LMP, and decided to take a HPT.....which came out positive! Horray!! I'm worried about my milk because my DD is so young (14 months), but we are very excited none the less. I want to have a midwife, but I called he OB who delivered my DD to confirm pregnancy and talk about the mastitis meds, and had that apt. today. Well, their test was positive but light, so they did an US and didnt see anything. They ordered a 48 hour blood draw to see if my levels were going up or down.
I had my first draw today and will have another on saturday, so we'll see I think monday wether I'm staying pregnant or not.....
I was really worried when they said that, but when I got home I realized my period was on the 13-16th of sept, NOT earlier like I thought. I had told them the end of Aug/early sept....
So, heres hoping it sticks! I sure FEEL pregnant! Everything I eat is going right through me (sorry for the TMI, but last pregnancy I got it too, MS through the other end ), I feel sick to my tummy, tired, and nursing HURTS (aside from the mastitis which is mostly gone now thank goodness!

Send me sticky dust please?
I look forward to getting to know all you mamas a lot better in the future! :

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#2 of 7 Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 PM

We have babies the same age! Welcome, I hope you get good news!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#3 of 7 Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 AM

Good luck mama, sending sticky vibes.
#4 of 7 Old 10-19-2007, 06:30 AM

sticky vibes!
#5 of 7 Old 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

update:
the OB has been in surgery all day (glad I go a mifwife with the amount f csections this guy has been doind lately! sheesh!) but I bugged the receptionist until she told me that my numbers went up with the 2nd blood draw from the first! She told me hes the only one who could tell me exactly what the results mean and "read the curve" but I feel a lot better at least knowing they went up and not down. I've had no cramps, no blood, and lots of throwing up So I'm hoping they just had me all worried for nothing!
The receptionist thinks he'll be back to call me before the office is closed today and I sure hope so because it sucks to be just waiting and waiting!

#6 of 7 Old 10-23-2007, 01:42 PM

So good to hear! Here's to being sick as a dog!
#7 of 7 Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

I STILL don't have a due date lol

He called me last night at 10pm (yeah, I had just gone to bed with DD....) because he was finally done at the hospital, and told me that the numbers were lower than he usually sees, but they TRIPLED in the 48 hours so I'm likely just really early in pregnancy and everything looks great as far as hormone levels go! yay! I think I just O'ed later than usual, I'm likely only 4 weeks or so pregnant :
He asked me to come in in 3 weeks for another ultrasound, but I want to talk it over with my midwife first....

so yay! I'm pregnant! and due in late june

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page