4.2 weeks pg and cramping... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies, here is a neurotic question for ya

I've been cramping on and off since about 6dpo. It was pretty light and mild though. On 14dpo - the day I found out that I'm pg, I had stronger cramps all day but they went away by the time I went to bed.

Ok, so today, 2 days later my cramping is back just this evening, and they are stronger and uncomfortable. It also seems to happen when I move around or change position. When I lie down they go away.

Is this ok??? I've had a full, heavy sort of almost achy at times feeling down low for a couple of days. I REALLY hope the cramping is due to increased blood circulation to my uterus. And maybe my uterus is jockeying for position down there?

Someone PLEASE make me feel better and tell me what I'm experiencing is normal! Please?? Thanks
#2 of 9 Old 10-18-2007, 11:44 PM

I've been kind of crampy too....usually when I've been sitting for a while. I really think it's ok, it can be any number of things, from babe burrowing deeper, to your uterus stretching as it grows, to increased blood flow, and round ligament pain.

Is this your first? When I was pregnant with my first, I remember having cramps so bad, I thought I was going to die. I was working at a bookstore, and my boss found me crying in the breakroom, and sent me home. My doc told me to put my feet up and drink plenty of water, and they went away. Of course, then the sciatica started,

Misti, mom to DS (12), DS (9), DD (3), and Mr. Man (October '10)!

#3 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 AM

I had some bad cramping/ligament pain early on with DS. My MW said that as long as I wasn't spotting or anything to try not to worry about it. To relax and take it easy. I learned after about a week of the pains that a lot of it was self inflicted. If I sat a weird way, or slept in a different position...I hope all is well for you.
#4 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 02:20 AM

I was very crampy (on and off) from about 4w-6.5w.

With my first I was crampy at about 9dpo, it felt like my period was going to start at any minute and it was pretty painful, then it went to lighter cramps at about 4.5w...and everything was fine! I think its very normal to be crampy at this point

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#5 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 06:59 AM

Cramping is completely and totally normal in early pregnany. It is your uterus beginning to stretch and grow to accomodate a baby.

but yes, it can definitely feel premenstrual and can be a bit unnerving!
#6 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 09:05 AM

I get very crampy if I haven't had enough water to drink. Normally, my uterus feels heavy and sore, but if I haven't had enough water the cramps start in and they can be uncomfortable. As long as I drink a lot of water I feel ok.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#7 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM

The cramping is pretty normal. I am 5w6d and have had some cramping. Now it just hurts if I push on my tummy too hard.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#8 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 10:28 AM

I had a lot of cramping early in my first pregnancy. This time I've only had one day of it, and since then not much. I really think it's normal! {{hugs}}
#9 of 9 Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Got some cramping here, too. And I have also found that drinking a big glass of water helps. Of course, I understand the fears that come with it, as I'm working through them, too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page