No, I love my kids but I need some adult time. 10 32.26%
Other 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-19-2007, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A post in the toddler thread had me thinking of this.

I NEVER imagined that I would want to be a SAHM. Now that I have a child I cannot imagine ever leaving him. My MIL asked if she could come take DS for the afternoon on Sunday. And I was like "no way!" What would I do without my baby?

I am totally 100% a mommy mom and my ideal job would be to stay home forever. We can't afford it, but if I could I would.

How about you? Are you a "mommy mom" or not?

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Umm, I love staying with the kids and can imagine doing it for quite some time. That said, I love me time, time with other adults and so hope to go back for my masters soon. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 PM

probably not by how you've defined it.

when I had one child I think I felt the same way you do, now he's 3.5 and he has a 2 yr old sister....a kid free afternoon sounds heavenly
Old 10-19-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonah View Post

when I had one child I think I felt the same way you do, now he's 3.5 and he has a 2 yr old sister....a kid free afternoon sounds heavenly
Oh don't get my wrong, I have my days. I just mean that I don't feel like I need more fulfillment. I feel totally challenged and content in staying home. I know lots of wonderful AP moms that just really need more. Maybe when I have two and they are older I may feel more like you, but I don't think that the essence of feeling satisfied will change.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonah View Post

Totally, except add a few years and another one (and change it so there's no girls). You get the wild idea right?

Honoring the parts of me that were Julie first before Julie-Mom makes me such a better Mom, just like honoring the relationship I had first with my DH before I was a Mom makes me a better Mom. As I see it, they were lovingly added into my life, but I give of myself to them, I don't give myself to them. Does that make sense?
I am 100% satisfied as a Mom - BECAUSE I make that time to be me. I don't need much, and I am an AP Mom - but satisfaction for me comes from my entire life joined together in balance.

I have seen too many Moms resent being a Mom after doing it many many years b/c they gave themselves away.

I'm sure that's not what you meant, but it was my soapbox moment, sorry!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 PM

I voted yes... But.

Sometimes I need a few hour break from my little hellions (who are 4yo and 18mo - under a year old I'm pretty much attached to the kid because of nursing). When dh takes off with them for like 3 hours for a Costco and Walmart and lunch run, the house is *so* quiet and empty. I almost don't know what to do with myself. Probably because I so rarely get time to myself, although dh is being better about that lately.

Growing up, I thought I was going into business. Sure, I was going to have kids, but I was going to have one kick-@$$ career. Met the hubby, married, got knocked up, and now I'd love nothing more than to die a sahm/homemaker like my grandmothers. Because now I can't see myself doing anything else, plus if I say so myself, I'm pretty good at running things (usually) around here. Heck, I'm the one that balances the checkbooks and pays most of the bills in addition to the kids and groceries and all that.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 PM

I wish that I would be able to stay home. Happily this little one will be born at the end of the school year, so I'll get a good couple months of baby time before having to go back to work. But I would stay home in a heartbeat.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:03 PM

Well I have quite a bit of "me" time, but not really by choice. My son stays with his bio dad at least 1 night a week. At first I was very lonely but have learned to value my me time. I do all the things I need to while he is gone so that when he is home I can spend more time just us.
I voted that I needed my "me" time.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 10-20-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan'sMommy View Post
Oh don't get my wrong, I have my days. I just mean that I don't feel like I need more fulfillment. I feel totally challenged and content in staying home. I know lots of wonderful AP moms that just really need more. Maybe when I have two and they are older I may feel more like you, but I don't think that the essence of feeling satisfied will change.
oh i don't think you meant it in a negative way or anything....I am not a sahm so it's hard for me to say whether or not I'd need more fulfillment if I did sah....but i CAN say i would need a break once in a while

User Tag List