owwwwww - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-21-2007, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My nipples and breasts are getting more sore, at the exact same time that DS is getting his molars
He wants to comfort nurse so much, but sometimes I just have to stop him. Poor dude. Thankfully he's just started taking a pacifier (a bit weird at 14 months, but I'll go with it; he's very picky about it, so I have no fear of him getting addicted ).
On top of that, yesterday was a very weird day in terms of nursing. He nursed after his morning nap (still takes 2 naps!) and then we went to eat lunch at our friends' house and stayed too late so he missed his afternoon nap. But he ate a huge lunch and wasn't too interested in nursing when we got home (I didn't straight out offer, my boobs are hurting so much, but he didn't ask) and then DH took him so I could take a nap and they were gone for a really long time! Then when he came home he wanted dinner! So it ended up being 9 HOURS between nursing sessions This coming a few days after a day when he nursed about every hour and ramped up my supply When I woke up from my nap and realized they weren't home I did hand express a bunch of milk from the side that had been the longest, but wow was I engorged. Anyway, now my one spot that's slightly prone to clogged ducts is hurting a bit

oh well, just a little vent
I love that I'm still nursing, but this could really be a long 8 months (or whatever)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page