Sore boobs?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My big symptom worry is not having sore boobs They are a little tender on and off...more so than with my period but really barely tender/sore. This bothers me...seems like most preggo women are crying because their boobs hurt so bad!

I'm 5 weeks tomorrow.
#2 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Fleur View Post
My big symptom worry is not having sore boobs They are a little tender on and off...more so than with my period but really barely tender/sore. This bothers me...seems like most preggo women are crying because their boobs hurt so bad!

I'm 5 weeks tomorrow.
I'm having pretty much every symptom in the book but that one as well. Mine are also a little tender but not sore. My mom told me for her first trimester while pregnant with my sister and I that she did not really have one symptom. And the pregnancy books I'm reading all say that it is also normal to not experience some or all of the symptoms. Easier said than done but I wouldn't stress out about not having every symptom.

Wife to my endlessly patient DH -SAHM to my DS 7/2/08 - a little shocked to be expecting - due 4/10/10
#3 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 02:02 AM

I've had little twinges here and there, but it wasn't until today (5w1d) that they *really* started to hurt. And man, do they ever hurt! Ouchie!

I wouldn't worry too much, though - it's very normal to not have all the symptoms at the same time, or even totally miss out on some symptoms.

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#4 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 AM

Mine haven't been sore at all either. And they weren't for my last 2 pregnancies either. Totally normal--don't worry!
#5 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 10:28 AM

I am 5w 2d and I have been worried about the lack of sore boobs as well. I have had 3 prior pg and everytime, it was the first symptom.
#6 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 12:48 PM

so funny! me either.....first pregnancy I was puking and very sore boobies from the very start, not this time around though! A friend of mine said with her second baby, she hardly had any symptoms either. Fine with me!
#7 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 PM

Mine aren't sore at all this time, but last time I could hardly even give someone a hug! I think it is because on the breatfeeding- my boobs are so stretched out I hardly have any feeling left in them!
#8 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

I don't know how far along I am... POAS on 10/18.... very irregular periods and unknown LMP.

My prior three pgs I had morning sickness from the very very beginning, and this time don't have it yet.

My boobs were really sore for my first two pg, (one m/c, one DD), and not sore at all for my 3rd pg (early m/c). So I'm super uber paranoid about the soreness after this last m/c that didn't give me any.

BUT I keep my hopes up because what I HAVE noticed boobie-wise is that my nipples are really really really sensitive. Like I can barely wear anything on them sensitive. Brush against them I cringe. DD laid down on one in bed last night (pinched it kinda between her body and the bed when I was lying sidewise) and I yelped and about jumped into the ceiling.

Sticky sticky vibes!!
#9 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM

My boobs didn't hurt barely at all with DS, just an occasional sharp pain through my nipples. This time they are more typical sore, but still not all that bad.

to Dale, : to Ronan (2-22-06) and Nessa (8-6-09), Monkey to 4 :, and geek to everyone else.
12/07 & 7/08
#10 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Mine aren't sore at all. I have felt some twinges and they were sore for 2 days but nothing now.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#11 of 13 Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 PM

It really seems like pregnancies can be so different from woman to woman, and pregnancy to pregnancy for the same woman.

Last time, my breasts were sore almost immediately; I went around squeezing them surreptitiously to reassure myself that I was pregnant I was also very tired and peed a lot. This time my breasts themselves are not at all sore, but my nipples are killing me and latching on DS is getting almost to the grit-my-teeth-and-bear-it stage (more on the right than on the left, for some reason). I'm also very queasy, whereas I was not last time, but I am not at all tired (funny considering I never get a full night's sleep) and I don't think I'm peeing any more often.

And I definitely know women who barely had any symptoms at all. Heck, I know a woman who didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 14 weeks, because she never got her cycle back after her DS was born and caught the first egg without realizing it, and never felt pregnant!
#12 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Mine were very sore with my first 2, but my youngest and this one, they aren't sore at all. I kind of wonder if it is due to nursing, but I am not sure.
#13 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 03:30 PM

My boobs have only been hurting a little bit when H nurses.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page