Uh oh...spotting question.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, how bad is spotting in early pregnancy??

I just went to the bathroom and I noticed that I had a teeny bit of brown when I wiped. It was so light and faint I wasn't even sure it was really there or if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Of course I had to investigate so I checked my cervix. It was regular creamy CM with the lightest, faintest tinge of brown.

Should I be worried about this?

I'm cramping some but I've been getting cramps every night for over a week so I don't think it's related.

I don't know...still nervous about all this I guess.

My u/s and beta are now on Thursday so I have to wait another day....which is actually fine.
#2 of 7 Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM

I wouldn't be worried at this point... I spotted heavily for about a week with Nora (thankfully, around 6 weeks along, or I might not have known I was pregnant!) and everything was fine. My midwife told me that it could still be implantation bleeding, even that late. She seemed to think that it could indicate a good attachment!

HTH...
#3 of 7 Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 PM

I spotted with #3 for many weeks....and brown is older blood, anyway. Did you have an exam? I spotted both colors and all was fine... I had "implantation bleeding" way after I would have thought that would occur...and having a cold and coughing a bunch did it, a little, too.

#4 of 7 Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 AM

I spotted with my first, and It was scary to me! I had a previous m/c. My midwife assured me it was fine and had me take extra vitamin E just as a precaution. Don't remember the amount though, and I would check with your health care provider before delving into a bottle of E! After a few weeks, I had to slowly wean myself off of it. I am sure you are fine!
#5 of 7 Old 10-24-2007, 05:04 PM

With my second daughter and this pregnancy I spotted quite a bit. I actually thought I had my period this time and that it was just light because dd2 was nursing so much. Both times it was brown and some pretty red blood and both lasted for almost a week.

FWIW, I've miscarried twice. The first time I started bleeding and it was apparent it was a miscarriage by the quantity of blood and intensity of bleeding on the same day that it started. The second time I had no bleeding and had to wait 2 weeks after we found out that there was no longer a heartbeat at 12 weeks.

So, in my limited experience LOL, you sound fine :-)

homeschooling mamma to dd1 7/01 , dd2 5/05, and '00, '04, '07, 6/09, 12/09
#6 of 7 Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 PM

I have spotted with EVERY single one of my pregnancies. The spotting was just as you described. I have had 4 mcs as well. It was totally different. The spotting increases rapidly and the cramps were harder than normal pregnancy stretching and pulling.

I really think that you are fine.
#7 of 7 Old 10-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Have you recently had sex? That always makes me spot in early pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about it. I think you only have cause for concern if it is dark red.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page