Quickening? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, when is the soonest you should be able to feel the baby? I could swear that I have been feeling little feather-light movements for at least two weeks now...but it really seems impossible! I guess I could be farther along than we think, but it still seems way too early

Thoughts?
#2 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM

I've felt similar movements, but I know it's not quickening yet. The more children you have, the earlier you feel them, but I still think feeling anything prior to 12 weeks is really, really unusual.

Probably just bubbles moving around!
#3 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Hmmm. The earliest I can remember ever feeling definite movements is about 12-14 weeks... and I would call those feather light brushes. That said, I did have gas bubbles during the early parts of my pregnancies that felt VERY similar to those first butterfly wing bounces.

If you're definitely feeling movements now (and you're sure they're not bubbles), I would guess that your dates might be off... Which means that you're that much closer to meeting your new little one!

How firm were your dates?
#4 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 09:25 PM

I feel little gas bubbles that feel very close to what the first feather movements felt like. But I know these aren't the real thing yet!

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#5 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 11:37 PM

I also have those gas bubbles. I do know some people who were *certain* they felt movements around 12 weeks. I felt them at 15 weeks w/ DD so I wouldn't be surprised to feel them a bit earlier this time.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
#6 of 13 Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 PM

I didn't feel ds until 19 weeks but my bestfriend swears she felt all her kids at 13 weeks.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#7 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 AM

Yes, I too get the gas and have the fleeting thought- hey I felt the baby! Then I quickly realize- nope, just gas!
#8 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 AM

I get "baby movements" even when not pregnant. I swear they feel exactly like a baby moving at 18 weeks.... so my point is, could be that. I call it a "twitchy uterus". I definitely felt movement at 12 weeks with my #2. We were listening to HB on doptone, and we could even hear the movement on the doptone the same time I felt it.
#9 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 AM

So glad to hear I am not the only one who has experienced the uterus quiver....or what I call "phantom baby kicks". I swear for at least two years after having my son I could feel that feather feeling!

I also remember feeling very early in the pregnancy these movements but I believe it was gas bubbles. The first definite feelings of baby were at about 13 weeks.
#10 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpmom View Post
I get "baby movements" even when not pregnant. I swear they feel exactly like a baby moving at 18 weeks.... so my point is, could be that. I call it a "twitchy uterus".

:

I lie in bed every night with my hand on my tummy and feel the gas bubbles rolling around.... then think to myself, "oh, yay, in another 4-6 weeks those will be real baby flutters!!"
#11 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonBean View Post
If you're definitely feeling movements now (and you're sure they're not bubbles), I would guess that your dates might be off... Which means that you're that much closer to meeting your new little one!

How firm were your dates?
I have no dates! I wasn't paying any attention at all to my cycle, because I wasn't trying to get pregnant and we were using protection (apparently there was a malfunction that we missed!). Dh is pretty sure my LMP was sometime in the first couple weeks of September, but who knows for sure? Not me!

Ya'll are probably right, it's probably just bubbles. I guess we'll see
#12 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be View Post
I have no dates! I wasn't paying any attention at all to my cycle, because I wasn't trying to get pregnant and we were using protection (apparently there was a malfunction that we missed!). Dh is pretty sure my LMP was sometime in the first couple weeks of September, but who knows for sure? Not me!

Hey, this is me too!! And I feel like such an : telling that to people. Like, I don't even know when my LMP was? How irresponsible of a person am I, anyway?
#13 of 13 Old 10-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
Hey, this is me too!! And I feel like such an : telling that to people. Like, I don't even know when my LMP was? How irresponsible of a person am I, anyway?
Oh, me three!! Between Audrey & Nora, I had to remember to jot down my LMP date on my calendar or I would totally forget. I was dated for both Meredith AND Audrey by U/S. Had no idea about LMP for either of them. I knew for Nora b/c I was charting... and this time b/c it was my first postpartum. haha - only one in, what'll it be, three years probably? Another upside!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page