Mothering Forum banner

Morning, noon and night sickness

804 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Halfasianmomma 
#1 ·
Anyone else nauseated 24/7? Honestly, I shouldn't complain--it hasn't been bad enough to actually throw up. But I am either eating constantly just because it seems to help or can't stand the thought of food at all. Come commiserate with me!

#2 ·
I have it - very similar to what you posted. It gets worse at night. I'm nauseous, yet starving all the time. Nothing tastes good. When I start chewing I want to puke but my stomach is acting like it hasn't eaten in days. It makes me feel disgusting. I'm just cramming food in my mouth and forcing myself to chew it. Yuck.

I'm ready for this part to be overwith. It should happen in a couple of weeks. My pregnancies don't seem to be all that different. I'm crossing my fingers I'm right!

April

#3 ·
me
I'm right there with you
I have thrown up some, but not a ton
mostly I'm just constantly nauseated...and it's getting worse, too, food was helping for a while but now it helps for only a very short time
it's worst in the evenings/at night for me

I have a lot of good suggestions from friends to help with the nausea. If it gets really bad, Vitamin B6 plus Unisom is supposed to help a lot, but I haven't tried that. I have started taking a B complex vitamin (I already take b12 so I figured I'd just get the complex) with no noticeable difference. Ginger tea helps for a little while. Sour hard candy can help a bit. Smelling lemons is supposed to help, too. A friend is giving me her sea bands, so hopefully that will be helpful.

mostly I just hope it goes away soon
I'm 8 weeks tomrrow, so supposedly the hcg levels should peak in another week and then start to go down...I'm really hopeful

sorry you're going through it too

edit: oh, also, I wasn't at all sick with my first pregnancy!! so this is all new to me, and not so fun with a toddler, either

#5 ·
Oh yeah. I forgot to add. Today I have the added bonus of having a wretched taste in my mouth. Not from puking just cuz! Yuck! It may be because I can't brush my tongue without gagging. I seriously have a conversation with myself when I'm brushing my teeth to keep from puking. My stomack is so ready to unload.

I'm not all that tired but I lay down as much as possible because I'd rather go to sleep than feel like this.

I want to crave good, fresh foods. I want to enjoy food again. I am such a wimp. It's so much worse for some other women - I'm just a sissy. I think it's just that it's relentless - that makes it seem worse.

April

#6 ·
Quote:
I want to crave good, fresh foods. I want to enjoy food again.
Me too! I only eat to stave off the nausea, I don't enjoy anything, and I constantly have lots of excess saliva, and a bad taste in my mouth. I have dry heaves in the morning as soon as I wake up, I feel horrid all day... this part sucks!

suei

#11 ·
ok....here's something interesting a friend told me yesterday. I personally was too afraid to try it today. Any takers?? It takes guts....

A homeopathic practitioner told my friend to shove a toothbrush down her throat first thing in the morning(ok, just writing that makes me feel ill! sorry!) to release the gag reflex. Something about the gag reflex getting built up and contributing to the all day feeling of wanting to puke. Theory is that this releases the reflex. She said she wasn't that sick for her pregnancies, but that when she did feel sick, she did this and it worked.

Sounds horrible to me, but maybe there are some mamas out there more brave than I!

I apologize if I just made any of you feel more nauseous by writing that!!!

Gonna go make some ginger tea now, hehe.

#12 ·
I'm sick too
:

sunmama, that sounds crazy to me, no offense!
: tidbit of info, I used to be bulimic (as a teen), and that was a "trick" we used to MAKE ourselves throw up. And I've also heard of girls losing the toothbrush trying that, IYKWIM.....

Sorry, didn't mean to gross anyone out, but I wouldn't try the toothbrush thing, it hurts and its scary if you swallow it, I knew someone who had to get a toothbrush removed by a Dr!

I think its crazy now that I used to MAKE myself throw up, because right now I am just praying for it to STOP
:

#14 ·
I don't think I'd try the toothbrush thing, but I feel sick all the time. When I had my divertic attack I was on an antifungal medication that made me feel the way I feel now. Have this metallic taste in my mouth all the time and no desire to eat, yet if I don't eat it gets worse. And I can't get anywhere near anything mint flavored 'cause it makes me feel awful so I have to brush with plain water and that just doesn't do the trick.

I'm at 10.5 weeks so I'm hoping it ends soon. The fatigue has let up some over the last two days so I've got my fingers crossed for all of us it's over soon.

#15 ·
I am so tired all the time and feel sick all day. Im sick when im hungry and when im full. My nose is also always stuffy. Sometimes I puke and still don't feel better. I almost feel like I have a cold but I don't. Im 9weeks so I hope it gets better soon. I want to enjoy this pregnancy because it will be my last one but I feel miserable.

#16 ·
I know mamas, the toothbrush thing does souns crazy, I am not offended moosemama!!!
I don't think you are supposed to put the toothbrush so far down that you would lose it!! I gag just brushing my tongue! Anyways, I am NOT gonna try it, and (fingers crossed) the last two days have seemed a bit better for me.

Hope all you mamas feel better soon

#17 ·
I'm finding that if I always keep a little tiny something in my tummy--something REALLY bland mind you, I feel better, so I've been leaving a tupperware of Special K by my bedside. Sometimes the nausea is so bad that it'll wake me up at night, so I turn around like a zombie, crunch on some Special K and try to sleep again. I do the same thing in the morning before I move a muscle to get out of bed. It seems to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.