Mothering Forum banner

Totally OT: I chopped off all my hair!

598 views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  imbarefoot 
#1 ·
In a moment of pregnant lady madness, I decided that I'd had enough of my long black hair and went to the salon to get a short, no-nonsense haircut. AAAAAAAh.

Now that the shock has worn off, I think I like it

See less See more
#5 ·
I chopped off a bunch of my hair back in September, and I *love* it. For like 3 years straight I wore my hair in a ponytail, which is kind of a waste of hair. After I got my hair cut my 17mo didn't really know what was going on or who I was, I felt kinda bad. But now I plan to keep this cut for a few years, and am actually going in for a trim with my fabulous stylist tomorrow.

#6 ·
I have to laugh because I have hair down to the middle of my back and all I want to do is CHOP IT OFF. Since the pregnancy its driving me mad. Good Job Halfasianmomma, you're an inspiration. I don't think I could do mine too short though since both my kids have stated that they absolutely do not want me to cut my hair and get very nervous when i talk about it.

#9 ·
I love my long hair! But I've waited way too long to get it cut and in the last few months it has split about 6-8 inches up my hair. So I have no choice but to cut all that off. I hate it when it gets all damaged and icky looking!

I like short hair on other people, but it makes me look like a boy.

#17 ·
You're beautiful, halfasianmomma, both with long hair and short hair!

On a whim during my 2nd pregnancy (8th month), I chopped my hair short. Was going for a Meg Ryan look and it turned out awful! I promised myself I'd never cut it again. Well, when my 4th was a baby (this was 6 years later), I chopped it again, even shorter. This time, I really promised never again! LOL! We'll see if I make it. It's shoulder blade length now and I'd like it to be middle of the back length if not longer. I've always lost it and gotten a perm which is the reason I've always chopped it (to get rid of the perm). So, this time, rather than perming it, I'll leave it straight and I should be good!

#18 ·
Awww thanks all for the wonderful comments

I washed my hair for the first time since the cut last night and I was shocked at how little work it was. Drying it was even easier! Because my mum has CURLY hair and my dad has coarse straight Asian hair, I got the half-hearted waves that never really did anything for me. For years, I'd been used to the whole "waiting until just the right moment to blow dry, applying anti-frizz product, straight ironing it the next day"....Now it takes me 2 minutes in the morning! This was definitely a good move, especially considering the fact that I'm weak, shakey, nauseous and can barely make it to the office every day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.