Mothering Forum banner

What Nerve!!!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  A Mothers Love 
#1 ·
Alright, last night I finally worked up the energy to blog about my recent experiences (Mama Kenz Studio Blog). I got on this morning to check my comments and when I saw that I got one I was thinking, "Oh, well isn't that nice that someone wants to give me their support." Well, that is until I viewed the post!! Check this out!!

Doesn't that seem rather insensitive to you?!?! I mean, he doesn't even mention anything about my post, like "I am sorry you are going through this"!!! I wrote him this email:

Mike,

I received your comment on my blog, and I will put the additional link on my page. However, I did want to mention that I found it rather insensitive of you to leave a comment about adding an additional link to your site to promote your talk show in light of what I was writing about in my post. Did you even read it? I am sorry but promoting your radio station is not one of my top concerns while I am awaiting this miscarriage. As Christians our main concern should be thinking of others before ourselves. Do you really think that Jesus would have responded to my post in the way that you did- with total disregard to my situation and feelings just to get additional hits on His site? That doesn't sound very Christ-like to me. Next time you are responding to links to your site please take the time to find out what you are responding to and if you are responding appropriately.

Do you think I responded alright or am I just too touchy right now and over sensitive?

See less See more
#3 ·
Maybe its an automatic post - if there even is such a thing. Something like a program that combs the internet looking for references to the radio show and then asking the referencee to link to the show. It doesn't sound like he read it to me. It sounds like an automated response.

Hang in there and keep us updated.

#6 ·
I think you were completely correct in responding like you did - this is clearly an automatically generated blog comment. But obviously it never occurred to the jerk that his comments might appear insensitive and even offensive, depending on the nature of the blog.
s to you. WE still support you

#7 ·
So sorry mama, for everything you are going through right now.

I don't think your response is inappropriate at all. Even if the message was automated, the station needs to be aware that this type of thing could happen. That they could offend someone with such an insensitive reply to a heart-felt post.

Hang in there mama! God can work miracles!

#8 ·
Well, you all were right, it was an automated response. Here is what he e-mailed me. I can appreciate his apology and at least they are aware of what an automated response can do now.

Mackenzie!

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. I am also sorry that my comment regarding linking to our site. This thing with Logan had taken off like wildfire. We have instigated, an automatic message that is sent out to handle all the links. This is what you received. I have not until now even viewed your blog. Again, I am sorry, very sorry!

Logan's message has helped millions of people, most of them dealing with a loss in some way. Some are miscarriages. If you want you can scroll through the almost 800 comments on it. I would think you might find some of them comforting, because we find out we are not alone in our situations.

I have felt for years alone! My daughter Abby grace has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, profoundly deaf, heart issues as well as a visual impairment. You can read about Abby Grace you want on my wife's blog http://kankelfam.wordpress.com/

By the way, the desire to link people to our site is not to promote our morning show. It is to promote what God is doing through Logan! A 13 year old kid who God is using in an amazing way!

So again, I am very very sorry for what you are going through! I pray that God will somehow comfort you through this!

Mike Kankelfritz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.