Momma of the week #1: Dec. 2 - 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-02-2007, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I almost forgot! This week there are 2 again. I'm in a rush so I'll have to post questions later. But this week we have: Qerratsmom!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#2 of 11 Old 12-02-2007, 07:04 PM

I'll be the first to post questions!

Silly questions first:

So what do you think of Britney Spears possibly being pregnant again?
Who is the hunkiest celeb ever?

Seriously though:

How are you feeling right now?
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Where do you like to spend your free time?
#3 of 11 Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 PM

What do you and your p do for work?

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#4 of 11 Old 12-02-2007, 11:20 PM

How do you like to de-stress?

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#5 of 11 Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 PM

Wow I was just reading the other mama thread and then I decided to see who was next and had to scroll to the next page. I almost didn't check this thread!

Ok woo hoo its me!

Britney Spears.....i don't really believe she is pregnant again, I also heard though that she was adopting twins from China. I don't usually think too much about celebs (ok I occasionally google Angelina and Brad) but honestly I just feel bad for Britney, she needs help.

Hunkiest celeb ever..., since I was 5 years old it has been Harrison Ford. Hands down!

We just got back from my brother's wedding 7 hours away (10 hours with the snow). It was fun, but me ds and dh were all in it and today I am so tired I can barely think. I am feeling better in terms of nausea the past couple weeks except around this time of night (7-8) when I get tired and I start to feel the sickies again. My energy level seems to be a little better lately though, but my body is sore and heartburn is starting....

My favorite childhood memory....hmmm, there is quite a few..probably summertime with my cousins at my parents cottage on Lake Michigan. Its hard to beat that.

Lately I like to spend my free time in bed! but normally I like to go into the woods hiking or along Lake Superior and still my parents cottage.

as for making a living....dh is a teacher turned social worker. He supervises a couple of teaching foster/group homes for kids. I work parttime from home for an interfaith environmental nonprofit.

to destress...um, MDC of course...I like to knit and spin but never seem to have time lately, my dh got me a great deck of prenatal yoga cards too. I've read them and they look very relaxing but i haven't had energy to actually try them

Thanks for the questions!
#6 of 11 Old 12-05-2007, 11:02 AM

- Where would your dream trip take you?

- What would be the best treat for you right now?

- Where did you go to school?

- Who is your favorite author? Literature genre?

- How did you find MDC?

- How was your first birth?

- What are your plans this time?

- What's your favorite color?

- Where do you want to be in ten years?

- How many children are you hoping for?

- What talent/skill would you like to have?

- What's your favorite random talent/skill that you have?

Ok, nosiness being put away now!
#7 of 11 Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 PM

How did you find Mothering?

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
#8 of 11 Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM

Here goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonBean View Post
- Where would your dream trip take you?

- What would be the best treat for you right now?
Treat as in food or beverage? Coffee which I'm having right now. My second cup since I got pregnant (I didn't want it for awhile) but now it is really tasting good. The other thing I'd love to do is "treat" myself to a night away with dh in a jacuzzi room of a hotel and eat good food and watch movies. hmmmm...

- Where did you go to school?
I graduated from Marquette Senior Highschool in Marquette, MI then went to undergrad at Grand Valley State in Grand Rapids, MI and got my graduate degree in Biology from Michigan Tech in Houghton, MI

- Who is your favorite author? Literature genre?
This depends on the phase of my life, I went through a long J.D. Salinger phase in highschool, then Edward Abbey in college. I don't know now, I like Barbara Kingsolver. also Barry Lopez and Wendel Berry. The last thing I read that I really liked was Ordinary Wolves by Seth Katner.

- How did you find MDC?
When I was pregnant with my second, I had just moved away from a place that I loved to a place I didn't like. I had no friends, felt very isolated. I went to a MOm's group one night to try and connect with other mom's and was introduced to it by a woman there. The April 2005 due date club forum was my lifeline that year.

- How was your first birth?
Quick. By the time I realized I needed to go to the hospital I was in transition. When I got there I was at 10, then everything went to hell, they told me to push, I didn't feel it yet, they kept pushing me back when I wanted to be squatting. the baby showed stress, everyone seemed frantic, my doc was not there just some other on call. It was awful. After an hour they gave me a 4th degree episiotomy and took Jack with a vacuum. Then they took him out while they stitched me and didn't bring him back for an hour (in the meantime leaving me alone). I learned a lot from that experience and am happy to report that things were different with my second. I was very empowered.

- What are your plans this time?
I was planning a homebirth this time, but I found out yesterday that the only midwife in our area will be leaving in May. I'm still hopeful, I heard that there is a nonpracticing nurse midwife who just moved to the area so maybe she will agree (I haven't met her yet). I play around with going UC but I'd really rather have a midwife. My doctor is really cool, I wish she could do homebirths.

- What's your favorite color?
I don't think I have one, but maybe like an orange/rust

- Where do you want to be in ten years?
I want to be living in the town I am now but maybe with some acreage. I'd like to have some kind of a home business or nonprofit that I run with my dh, homeschooling my kids, raising angora bunnies and be a master spinner and knitter.

- How many children are you hoping for?
3 or 4
- What talent/skill would you like to have?
I'd like to be able to spin and knit well. I'm way not there yet though.

- What's your favorite random talent/skill that you have?
I"m fairly good at math which has always come in handy and I can write well when I really concentrate and get into it.

Ok, nosiness being put away now!
#9 of 11 Old 12-05-2007, 06:25 PM

as for how I found mothering in general, my good friend bought me a subscription when I was pregnant with my first. Now I try to get all my friends a subscription when they are pregnant.
#10 of 11 Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Hey you should come check out the April 05 thread in Toddlers....we are a fun bunch :

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#11 of 11 Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Bumping because there is only one day left. I will check out the April 05 toddler thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page