HONESTLY, how much weight have you gained? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 12-05-2007, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, and I guess I should reply to the original question... I don't think I've gained anything yet (at 11 weeks), and I may have lost a bit with being so sick, but that's based on being weighed at the MW's... we don't actually own a scale.

That said, I generally don't gain a lot early, but I pack on tons at the end. Ten pounds in 3-4 weeks isn't out of the ordinary for me. Eh, it comes off w/ bfing and I have big babies. So, I don't worry too much about it.

HOWEVER, I've got all sorts of abdominal bulging going on, so bean is getting what she needs from somewhere... wish it was my backside she was chipping away at!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 73 Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
I'm 11+ weeks and have gained about 3 lbs. I really don't know what I weighed before, but I tend to flucuate between 125 and 130, and I'm now 131. So I'm just runnin' with the average.
quoting myself (which is weird) just to add to my first thoughts:

I only gained 17 lbs with DD - but I had her at 36w3d, so I might've made it to 20lbs if we would've gone all the way to 40w.

I've always been close to or just a hair underweight (almost 5'11", flat-chested, no hips to speak of ), so the fact that I gained very little in pg didn't surprise me.

I AM surprised that I've only gained 3ish lbs by now, though. I FEEL quite a bit bigger. My butt fills out my jeans waaaaaay more than it used to, I have a very round belly (but I think that's mostly constipation!!), and as a PP said, I could SWEAR that my hips have spread. :
#63 of 73 Old 12-05-2007, 08:17 PM

I've only gained like 2-3lbs, but i'm also only 10 and a half weeks. I was on WW before I got pregnant, so I'm glad I haven't gained it all back yet I lost 10 lbs the month before I got pregnant......but I'm still 192lbs so I'm pretty overweight

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#64 of 73 Old 12-05-2007, 08:22 PM

I am 13 weeks today and just had an appt. today as well. I am up 5 pounds from my starting pre-pregnancy weight. I was actually surprised because I have been so nauseaus this pregnancy up until 2 weeks ago and I didn't gain any weight the first tri with my son.

Leah- wife to Chris : SAHM to Henry (03/06)and to Evelyn : (06/08). She is our heart attack survivor at 3.5 weeks and went on to have open heart surgery at 5 weeks for Coarctation of the Aorta.
#65 of 73 Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 PM

at the MW yesterday was 7.5 lbs more then my Sept annual (the appt where I got on my *new* birth control : and then was preggie the next month). 3 months and gained 7.5 already. Usually around 30-35 pounds total. That 7 is all on my rump and thighs at the moment

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
#66 of 73 Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 AM

So far, 5lbs at the most. I'm still in all my normal clothes because I pretty much have a nonexistent baby bump! I'm the only one that can tell that I have this tiny little bump. I can't wait to pop!

Doula mama to artistic DD and monster DS. #3 on the way!
HAVE YOU HEARD OF SQUAT ANARCHIST BIRTH JOURNAL YET?? IF NOT, GOOGLE IT!
#67 of 73 Old 12-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylahroo View Post
Sunmamma, why did you quit gymnastics at age 14? Do you remember? When did you start feeling self-conscious about your body?
Kylahroo, I quit for two reasons....one, I felt it was getting too competivive and not fun anymore. My coach was really putting the pressure on me. Two, (remember, I was only 14!!!) was that I found out my coach was a lesbian, and it freaked me out. The saddest thing is that I never had anyone to talk to about it, otherwise maybe I would have continued. We were still a bit in the dark ages about respecting partner choices at that time(the 80's) and i grew up in a very conservative area. Lesbian equaled leper.

As far as when I started being conscious of my body, I would say it started around 13 or 14. As far as it relating to gymnastics, I think I was influenced by those(gymnasts) around me being small and thin. But really that was just a part of it. My mom was always very thin, and made comments about my body(ugh!: ) and my physical appearance in general(ie encouraging me to model). And somewhere in my noggin I felt like if I was thin I would be accepted more(huh???) She still makes comments about my body(only when I put on a few), and has even "warned" me against gaining so much weight in this pregnancy!!!

In regards to your daughter, I think you are in the clear! You sound like a very conscious mama who has a good healthy relationship with your daughter. I did not have that, and so mine is a whole different story.

Thanks mamas for letting me steal the thread a bit more. I am done! Promise!!! Off to my first prenatal!
#68 of 73 Old 12-06-2007, 07:14 PM

ok I had an accurate weigh in this morning at the pregnancy outreach center. I have gained 3lb and I am 12.5 weeks. I am happy with this.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#69 of 73 Old 12-06-2007, 07:21 PM

Last weight assessment at the OB's says I've gained 4 lbs. I'm 11 weeks (at least I think I am...I can't figure it out). Is that too much? Aieee
#70 of 73 Old 12-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
Last weight assessment at the OB's says I've gained 4 lbs. I'm 11 weeks (at least I think I am...I can't figure it out). Is that too much? Aieee
That is absolutely not too much. Also mama from the pics you have posted, I believe I have more cushion for the babe to take from. Eat as healthy as you can and exersise some and let your body do its work.
The perfect weight gain for someone of average weight is 25-35 lb.....more if you are underweight, less if you are overweight but that is a ballpark. There is no rule saying "This much by this point, and this much by that point" Some women put more on in the beginning and some put more on at the end.
With my last pregnancy I only gained 2lb until 25 weeks and ended up putting on 46lb total. So already this pregnancy is different.
I stressed for the first half of my last pregnancy because I wasn't gaining any weight and then stressed for the second half because I was putting on too much.
Take it from someone who knows, its not worth the stress. Trust your body and don't worry!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#71 of 73 Old 12-06-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
AFAIK, the "recommended" weight gain during the first trimester is something like 3-5 lbs if you started at average weight and 5-6 lbs or more if you started underweight. Plus, these are the standard recommendations and as we all know, women and our bodies are def. not one-size-fits-all.

So, you can feel good that your gain is right on track! That said, lots and lots of women have VERY different patterns that are just as healthy. The only pattern that matters is the one your body falls into. Your body knows what your baby needs and when. Just follow your intuition and try to follow a good diet as much as you can.

Sorry if I sound preachy, but I caught a LOT of flack my first pregnancy about weight gain. I started way underweight, then gained a ton b/c they had scared me so much... depended on who checked me into my appointment whether I got a "great job!" or a "lay off the cookies!" Way to treat a young mama! : It was an additional something I definitely didn't need to be stressing about.

Ok, wow, my soapbox is getting a workout today... I'm going to put it away for the night... I think!
#72 of 73 Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 PM

I had to wait till my 14 week appt today to respond to this one - I do not have a scale. I was down 2lbs from normal at 10 weeks and am now down 6lbs. Don't be jealous though 'cause I lost 20 with DD in the first 4 mos and then gained 90 back.... hopefully not this time.

Got a talking to by the midwife about not letting my m/s keep me from eating. Well, I don't have m/s, I just am not hungry. I eat for the baby at this point, not for myself since nothing tastes good. We'll see how this goes.
#73 of 73 Old 12-07-2007, 08:44 PM

I am 14 weeks today and saw my mw yesterday. I have lost 6 lbs. I have to drastically watch my diet because of GD. I lost 10 lbs my last pregnancy in the first 2 trimesters, I only gain about 10 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. But I got a baby that was a pound less than the previous and no shoulder dystocia.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page