First mw appt. yesterday - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2007, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday was a funny day....

As I was getting in the car, the mw's apprentice calls and asks if we can push back the appt. another half hour. I told her since we had the momentum and my ds was already in his booster that we would just slowly make our way and didn't mind waiting. I have spent a lot of time over at her house and feel right at home, so no biggie. We get there and there is abother mama waiting too! Apparently she got her appointment days mixed up. Then ANOTHER mama arrived!!! It was comical. Poor mw was a bit frazzled! I offered to go last because we didn't really have anything else planned for the day and I wanted to be able to take my time. I rummaged through her fridge and made some food and popped in Peter Rabbit for ds. WELL......the appointments took a while!!! MW offered to see me another day if I wanted to leave, but I just really was insistant on seeing her that day. I knew I probably wouldn't hear hb, but I just felt the need to be seen!
Finally, it was my turn, and it was a great appointment, as usual. I really love my mw. I consider her a friend at this point. We chatted forever and ds played mw, borrowing a clipboard and some paper to scetch some pictures of what our baby will look like at different points in the pregnancy! He even went into her birth bag and got her stethascope and put it around his neck!

Finally, we got to the palpation and listening part, and WE HEARD THE HEARTBEAT!!!! I was sooo excited! And so was ds, his face lit up. He was laying right beside me on the table. It was a really special moment. I had basically talked myself out of any hope of hearing it, so it was such a nice bonus to the day. Well worth all the waiting. It's funny, I KNOW I am prego, I am geting a belly, and yet the heartbeat is just so affirming! There really is a little baby in there! YAY!

So we then ate some more food and headed home around 6pm!!! It was a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM

Sounds wonderful. How nice for your family to have someone you are so comfortable with. It'll help too if you plan to have your ds at your birth.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 12-07-2007, 06:04 PM

What a wonderful day!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:42 PM

a heartbeat is so exciting!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:49 PM

What a great relationship you have with your mw!
I'm really looking forward to my first appt next week and hoping we'll hear the hb too

User Tag List