Momma of the week #1: Dec 9 - 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To start off our new week: anjasma!

To start off with questions:

Chocolate or vanilla (I borrowed that from another DDC cause it sounded funny)!

: <--- what do you think of this smilie? (I'll admit I just wanted to use it!)

What is your favorite thing about being pregnant? Least favorite?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
To start off our new week: anjasma!

To start off with questions:

Chocolate or vanilla (I borrowed that from another DDC cause it sounded funny)!
Pain in the butt that I am, I'm going to say strawberry!

Quote:
<--- what do you think of this smilie? (I'll admit I just wanted to use it!)
Tree hugger, very cute! When we were out visiting Mt. St. Helen's last year dd tried to do the same thing with a giant Douglas Fir and when I took the picture her little arms barely even showed up on film!

Quote:
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant? Least favorite?
There's a little bit of magic involved in pregnancy- imagining who this little person is, how he will fit in our family, what his personality will be...that's the fun stuff for me. As for least favorite, hopefully that is past. Morning sickness and fatigue were way worse this time around and now that the 2nd trimester has hit I feel so good. I've got my fingers crossed it will continue!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Where are you from?

What do you and dp do for work?

How many children would you like to have?

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 12-09-2007, 04:05 PM

You refer to your new babe as "he". Are you hoping for a boy or do you already know the gender?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Where are you from?
I live just outside of Olympia, WA.

Quote:
What do you and dp do for work?
My husband is a self-employed artist and also does real estate part time. I work part time at our local conservation district. I am working on a lot of different projects, but prefer any opportunities I can get working with school age kids doing environmental education. In this part of the country that means a lot about salmon, salmon habitat, salmon dissections...see the pattern? I always get such a great response from the kids- when they are doing something hands on like that they learn so well! For the first time in my life (I'm 32) I feel like this is something I can see myself doing for the next 20 years. It's the best.

Quote:
How many children would you like to have?
We were convinced we were only going to have one, but now that we're pregnant with #2, I'm thinking why not go for three? I'm not sure those will all be biological, though. DH was a foster child, and we are leaning toward a foster-adoption if we have 3.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
You refer to your new babe as "he". Are you hoping for a boy or do you already know the gender?
Well, I don't know for sure, but mainly hate referring to unborn babies as "it" or "they" (which isn't even grammatically correct, unless you have twins! ) But I had the most intense dream a few days after conception, I wasn't even positive I was pregnant at that point. I dreamt that the baby was an egg, with two giant testicles growing out of it! From that point on, I just felt that we were having a boy. Though, having had a girl, I would love to have another. We'll just be happy with what we get!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:11 PM

do you get crazy pregnancy dreams? any notable ones?

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 12-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
do you get crazy pregnancy dreams? any notable ones?
Honestly, not really. I did have a few really intense dreams with my first pregnancy, and some with this one. It's just a different feeling than normal dreams, where every experience is very sharp, images, sounds, etc. The testicle dream (see above ) was the first, then I had one where my uterus was swinging from side to side because the baby was bouncing around like my uterus was a jumping house (this at a time when I was feeling a bit nervous about not hearing a hb at 12 weeks...) But I don't have the crazy, don't make any sense at all dreams, or if I do I forget them before morning.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 AM

What have your past birth experiences been like? WHat are you planning for this birth?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Oooh, how did you meet your DH and fall in love?
Old 12-10-2007, 01:13 PM

I just have to say your dream about the egg with testicals made me LMAO!!!! Soooo funny!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
What have your past birth experiences been like? WHat are you planning for this birth?
Wow, I haven't told this story in so long! DH and I were watching a movie late on November 14th, 2003, when I noticed cramps and fluid, so I called the midwife. I liked (but didn't love) my midwife. She was very crusty, near to retirement (I was one of her last clients) and she and I clashed quite a few times, but she was the only option I knew of in my area, and she knew what she was doing. So I called her to let her know, and we agreed I call back when the contractions were becoming more intense. So, fast forward until 7 a.m. when they were pretty intense, so I called again and she said to come in. She had a birth center at her house about 25 minutes away. When I got there I was 4 cm and she suggested we go home to labor the rest because I probably still had a long time (which looking back, I would never do. Traveling in the car while laboring is awful!) So, back home, labored another three hours until I knew it was getting close, so called again. She says, get this, "Oh, I have a family committment today and won't be able to attend your birth. Call my back up." WHAT?? Why she couldn't have told me that on the three other occasions I spoke to her that day is beyond me. So I called the other midwife, met her at the birth center where I was 6 cm. Kind of disappointed, so I took a shower to relax. The moment I stepped out of the shower I started having to bear down (6 cm to 10 cm in probably 10 minutes.) I pushed for about an hour, and she was here. She reached her arm out to hold on to the midwife's hand on her way out. The midwife just held her up so we could see she was a girl (this midwife by the way was amazing and I wished I had her the whole time...) She was born at 2:12 p.m., so total laboring of about 14 hours.

As a side note, I lost my little sister when I was young to a motorcycle accident, and my daughter was born on her birthday, which adds joy to a day I always felt sad.

For this birth, I have a team of two midwives who alternate appts and who is on call for births, so I will definitely know who is delivering my baby. We are planning a homebirth & I think it will be fabulous.

Quote:
Oooh, how did you meet your DH and fall in love?
I grew up in NYS, went to college in Ireland to finish my AA, then wanted to transfer out west (to The Evergreen State College.) I had friends in Seattle, so to establish residencey & cheaper tuition, I lived there for a year. I met DH through these friends, & we were friends for quite a while before we started dating. But once we did I instantly felt in balance with him, knew he was a good person and would be a great father. And now we've been together 12 years, married for 7 1/2. He is a great dad and also helps me stand up for myself and not whither under pressure as I tend to do. I couldn't imagine being partnered with anyone else!

User Tag List