Momma of the week #2: Dec 9 - 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-09-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And our second momma will be: CNutty!

I'll ask you the same first question: Chocolate or vanilla?

Who is your favorite author?

What toy was your favorite when you were little? Do your kids have a similar toy (since everything seems to be making a comeback now!)?

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#2 of 10 Old 12-09-2007, 02:24 PM

Is your family TV free? How do you feel about media and your children?

How do you fit into the NFL mold?

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#3 of 10 Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Where are you planning to birth your baby?
#4 of 10 Old 12-09-2007, 04:12 PM

what do you like to do in your "free" time?

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#5 of 10 Old 12-09-2007, 11:40 PM

I'll ask you the same first question: Chocolate or vanilla?
CHOCOLATE!!
Who is your favorite author?
Humm, right now Im into political stuff, so Palast (Sp?)
What toy was your favorite when you were little? Do your kids have a similar toy (since everything seems to be making a comeback now!)?[

I had some crazy obsession with my little ponies, but no DS dosnt have any. He does have neat wooden Zoo set my mom saved from when I was little

Are we TV free?
Well we are trying, not quite, there is one left in the house, but its in the computer room, and we dont go in there much. DS does watch the PBS show "Super readers" and Curious George.

The media?
Well as a whole family we are trying in general not to get wrapped up in consumerisum, so avoiding the media is part of that.

The NFL mold?
I dont know, I think we are pretty crunchy. No vax, no circ, we would love to cosleep (ds did for about 5m, then we just realized he liked sleeping alone hopefully the next sleeps with us longer!, I CD, I didnt BF as long as I wanted with DS (16m), so this one will be longer, we are not veggie, but close, and mostly organic, is that it...oh yea, and I babywear.

Where are we planning the birth?
AT HOME!! Im so excited, Im a VBAC, with a crappy birth experience with DS, and I have found the most wonderful midwife this time. So it home this time!

Free time?
Whats that? Kidding, well right now Im crocheting up a storm for christmas presents. Back when I was childless, I rode horses. Im going to get back to riding here evertually, but my riding buddy just had a baby a few weeks ago, so it may be a while!
#6 of 10 Old 12-10-2007, 12:31 AM

What is your favorite food?
What is the best place you've ever been?
How many pets do you have?
#7 of 10 Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
What is your favorite food?
What is the best place you've ever been?
How many pets do you have?
Favorite food....oh my there are so many! I think it has to be my homemade pizza, I make the crust and all!

Best place...I hope I havent been there yet!, but I think just a little while ago, when I was snuggling with DS, and DH in the bed was pretty good!

Pets... I have 2 dogs, a rat terrier (Chester) and a beagle (Baily). Chester is a horrible little snot, but we keep him around, and Baily is a gift from the gods! This dog tolerates my son actually biting HER!
#8 of 10 Old 12-10-2007, 11:48 AM

I've got some for you:

What's your dream vacation?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Do you or your DH have large families?

How many kids do you want in total?
#9 of 10 Old 12-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVanessa View Post
How do you fit into the NFL mold?
OMG!!! JustVanessa, I couldn't figure out why you were asking Cnutty about FOOTBALL after you just asked her about being TV FREE!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I get it now that mama has answered the question.....Natural Family Living!!!!

Cnutty, so great that you have found a midwife to have the homebirth you want. I am excited for you!

Three more questions: Are you going to rent a birth tub? Are you having a doula or another mama there who will be a support person?
What was the reason for your c-section?
#10 of 10 Old 12-10-2007, 02:01 PM

What's your dream vacation?
Right now I would like to go to Dharamsala, India, where the Dalai Lama lives. But I hope by the time I can take that trip, he will be back in Tibet.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
There is a smaller SUPER crunchy community near where we are now, with a waldorf school. I would like to be on a small farm there!
Do you or your DH have large families?
Not really, my dad is one of 7, but I just have one brother, and DH has 2 sisters
How many kids do you want in total?
I think this could be our last, I did kinda want 2, but that makes me sad to think this is it...so I guess it could be more!

Three more questions: Are you going to rent a birth tub?
My midwife has a few that everyone gets to use if they want, Im definately using it!
Are you having a doula or another mama there who will be a support person?
I dont know yet, Iv consittered a Doula, but I get the feeling I may just want to be alone a lot.
What was the reason for your c-section?
Im a dork...yes, that is the reason. I didnt really realize what the hospital would be like, and I let myself get talked into all sorts of stuff I didnt want, which of course ended in the section. After the pit : I needed an epi, and it didnt work for a LONG time, so I ended up with a SUPER strong Epi, couldnt feel a damn thing, It was rotten, but I learned. I got a bad infection after it too, my recovery took like 6m! I think this is why I never really established a great BM supply either. Its all going to be differant this time though!

Oh and Sunmama, Im a Packer Fan!! Go Cheeseheads!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page