Holy crap my nipples hurt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man. They were kinda sore from the beginning, but now every time DS latches on I feel like he is biting my nipple off. Anyone else? I thought it was going to get BETTER, not worse! Maybe this means my milk is drying up totally? He still gets maybe three let downs a day from one boob, but only one or two from the other.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan'sMommy View Post
Man. They were kinda sore from the beginning, but now every time DS latches on I feel like he is biting my nipple off. Anyone else? I thought it was going to get BETTER, not worse! Maybe this means my milk is drying up totally? He still gets maybe three let downs a day from one boob, but only one or two from the other.
mine are so painful, when I shower, I CANNOT stand for the water to touch me .... phew!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Old 12-10-2007, 02:20 PM

Yep. Mine were fine in the beginning but they feel pretty raw now. I am also hoping that they will start to feel better. I hate that I cringe every time she latches on.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
Old 12-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Mine feel pretty much better when DS latches, except for when he decides that he's not done even with the milk is. Then he turns on the "super suck" and I feel like my boob is going to fall off. Ouch!

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Old 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Oh my gosh ME TOO! I was just thinking this morning in the shower as I was having to turn away from the water, "Shouldn't this be getting BETTER??".

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Oh my gosh ME TOO! I was just thinking this morning in the shower as I was having to turn away from the water, "Shouldn't this be getting BETTER??".
You took the words out of my mouth. The shower has been particularly bad. I don't remember it being this bad with my previous pregnancies! Nursing is to the point of extreme pain for me and I don't want to do it. I still let her nurse before nap/bed which means 1-2 times/day (sometimes she skips a nap), but I really don't look forward to it. Luckily, she'll suck for just a minute or two and be okay when I say "all done".

My last nursed until he was 3 and I was nearly 9 months pregnant. I know it was uncomfortable, but I don't remember the pain. Am I just forgetting? LOL!

User Tag List