Did *anybody* have a good first birth? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you everyone for all of your input and stories...
I do plan on having doula (during the birth) and also a post-partum doula at home (especially if I come home 12 hours after baby is born).

Also, "Mom2Seven" I loved the "I eat Chinese Food on XMAS" U-Tube video...too funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, thank you everyone for all your stories. I feel encouraged, empowered and much more positive about the experience. I think I'm even starting to look forward to it...just a little.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitBaby View Post
I h
I thought I was dying, I was in so much pain (transition) and telling myself that I could not handle 12+ more hours of that. We took Bradley classes. I just didn't recognize the emotional signposts of where I was in labor. I was in the bathtub during transition and then got out and was trying not to push.
hmmmm .... what about these "emotional signposts"? I'd like to read more about this. I did 95% of my laboring at home with Rachel,and I'd love to do the same this time around.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Old 12-28-2007, 09:30 PM

My first birth was just fine. Especially for a first! It was long, and he was posterior, and I got worn out, but that's about as bad as it got. I was in hospital, and had some pain relief. Only an hour and a half of pushing which isn't bad for a first either (should have waited for the urge, but was coached) and not a stitch, tear, skid mark, nuthin'. The nurse checking my 'area' the next day said, and I quote "Looks like nothing happened down there!".

The colic, now, that was a different story but the birth was no biggie, other than how your first birth and baby completely rock your world and mind and everything anyways

User Tag List