Mothering Forum banner

Heartburn

749 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  saffrondaisy 
#1 ·
Anybody else suffering from night-time heartburn? Anybody have any tips with what has worked for them?

I'm trying to eat earlier at night and DH & I always take the furbabies for a nice walk before we go to bed. It seems to help a little, but not a whole lot.

#2 ·
me me... I have it bad at night for sure and sometimes during the day if I space my meals too much. It is miserable. I have heard that papaya helps and slippery elm and ginger but I have yet to try any of them. I have taken some tums and they do the job but I would rather take something more natural.

#3 ·
I think that any kind of sugar does it to me, and grains like bread. I failed my 1 hour glucose-passed the 3 hour. But in the interim I eliminated all sugar even bread made with brown sugar. I was starved but guess what? NO HEARTBURN. And now that I am eating some of those things again, its back!

#4 ·
I don't get this often, and I'm not even sure if it's exactly heartburn, but sometimes if I lay down too soon after I eat, I get little volcano bursts of food/acid up into the back of my throat. If that's what you're having, I have been propping myself up on pillows (upper body) and sleep like that for the first few hours of the night (generally until the first or second potty trip, LOL!). That has taken care of it for me.

Tracey Mouse

#6 ·
I had horrible heartburn that nothing helped! My midwife suggested that I take apple cider vinegar 3 times a day and it has totally taken away the heartburn. I just mix a teaspoon of ACV with 8 oz of water and sweeten it with a little stevia and drink it 3 times a day, ending with my last glass right before bed. If I don't drink it my heartburn comes back in a day or 2.

#7 ·
I'm a slippery elm convert. I got a big bottle of lozenges (says on the label it is for sore throats) and I make sure to chew a couple before bed. I also have chronic gastritis and it is even helping with that. I also take cal/mag before bed, which is supposed to help.

#9 ·
I have all-day, all-night heartburn that is aggravated by simple carbs and anything acidic. I tried slippery elm, papaya, digestive enzymes, and a natural liquid cal/mag supplement. None of it worked, so I've crossed over to the dark side-I take a lot of Tums. I'd rather not, but honestly the heartburn is so miserable that I can barely eat, so I'm picking my battles.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.