Mothering Forum banner

What's your PP workout?

517 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  blessedmom68358 
#1 ·
I've been exercising regularly this pregnancy and I'm looking forward to continuing that pp. It'll be great to stay on the treadmill w/o having to go pee.

Since this is my 4th my first priority is healing so I don't want to over do it but I want to start slow and keep moving.

Anyone have specific plans or experience?

#2 ·
I've been regularly walking on the treadmill at my comm. center 2-3 days/week (2 miles/day). It's much gentler on my back than the roads are! However, after baby, it's going to be harder to make the trip. Once I feel comfortable leaving the baby with dh for an hour, I'll go in by myself. Once the baby is 6 months old, he/she can go to Kid's Care with my 3 year old.

So, for this summer when I need to be close to the baby, we bought a Bob double jogging stroller. I hope to start walking regularly by 2-3 weeks pp and running again by 6-8 weeks pp.

Ambitious? Probably. This is the 1st pregnancy I've exercised throughout and it'll be the 1st pp I'll have exercised, too. But, I have to do something or I'm not going to want to be at the beach this summer! And it's too hard to restrict food with all the wonderful summer foods available, not to mention while breastfeeding!

#5 ·
As soon as my pelvis recovers, I am going to start walking daily with the kids. I am also going to do some swimming. I have been a regular swimmer but I have decided to use my maternity leave to pursue lifeguard certification. I will probably have to take some adult swim lessons because its been so long. I am looking to do this for work once my mat leave runs out.

#6 ·
Right now I hit the gym about 4x a week and do the eleptical and weights. Plus, I do my own yoga practice and go to yoga classes when I can.

I'm hoping that I will be able to go to the gym after DH gets home from work once the baby comes. I really think it will do me a world of good to get out the house and workout.

#7 ·
I'll probably get back on the Pilates train a couple times a week (mostly my DVDs because I can do it at home when it's conveneint). I also am usually an avid biker, so whenever I feel like I can get back on my bike again, I'll be out for my usual 20 mile rides by the lake (they may start out more like 10-12 miles at first, until I get back into the swing of things). With my son this was at around 5 weeks postpartum, but he was a c-section so I wasn't sore at all down there.

I found last time that my boobs were so huge running wasn't very comfortable even with a beefier sports bra than I usually have, so we'll have to see about that. That's probably more of a fall project for me - weather's nicer then anyway.

#9 ·
I want to start out w/some easy walking. It'll be so friggin' hot here though. We'll just have to see how it goes. I'm going to start looking at books. There was one by Birgette something that I liked for pregnancy - there's probably something in there.

Swimming is such good exercise, too. I'll have to take swim classes though, lol. I grew up in the country and we only learned to swim well enough not to drown.

#10 ·
I've been walking on the treadmill 7 days a week, alternating 2 miles and 3 miles per workout. (realllllly want a VBA2C and so I am willing to do anything LOL)

I was running pre-pregnancy and the goal is to get back to running postpartum. If I birth vaginally I hope to get back to walking within a couple of weeks and start back running by 4-6 weeks.

#11 ·
So normally how long should you wait before starting anything? I was going to wait about 4 weeks before even starting to go walking everyday or at least doing yoga. This is my first so i'm no hip to pelvic rest. Educate me please.

#13 ·
I hope to pick my cardio/weights back up at home. We also love to take family 'hikes' and have lots of hills and beautiful scenery around here. I'll wear baby on those. In addition, we have a huge double jogger that we can use on paved trails.

This has been my first pregnancy doing regular exercise and I've been really bummed over the fact that I was still going 6-7 days per week until my SPD pain slammed so hard last Sunday that I could barely walk. I've been struggling just getting around the house this week...so working out has gone down the tubes, gosh darnit. If I weren't so hungry all the time, I wouldn't worry so much, but...ugh! I hate losing muscle AND gaining fat. Bleh.

I have to just let it go and start back up slowly when and as I can. It's been hard to surrender, though...I had worked so hard to get into great shape (the healthy way!) as of last year. Now I'm just a big 'ol whale. Argh. It's very difficult for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.