Our beautiful baby BOYS are here!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
woooo wheee ..... what a morning!!

Ya'll know about the night I spent in L/D on Monday, so I won't repeat the gory details. Since then, I've been having sporadic contractions, but nothing I was really even paying attention to.

Early this morning, at about 0225, I woke up to a contraction that I thought was going to kill me. Of course, my reaction to pain, get up and take a shower. I noticed that my belly was misshapen, even more so than usual. (realizing later that this was Baby A moving down into the canal!!)

Brett came into the bathroom, and asked me if I was still having contractions. I snapped his head off, and seriously, I really didn't know if I was having contractions or not. All I knew is that I felt like I was going to die.

I got up off the toilet (FINALLY), and went back and laid down in my bed. As soon as I did, my water broke. I started crying ...... I just didn't know what to do. (can you say transition??!!)
Brett finally convinced me to get up and get in the car ... we had to pack up Rachel, and our dog, and call my best friend to meet us at the hospital.
On the way there, the contractions were definite, and very strong. I panted through all of them, since I wanted to push SO badly.

We got to the hospital, somewhere between 0345 and 0400. Had to sign my registration papers, which felt like it took forever, since I was contracting the whole time. Got to L/D triage, and the same nurse who took care of me on Monday was there. (she was AWESOME!!!!)

Bekah was calm, and collected ..... which I translated into ..."she doesn't understand how far along I am!!" I was crying to Brett .... "have her come and check me .... I need to push!!" Bekah came, checked me, and said, "oh my!" Immediately, we had nurses in the room, putting IVs in, signing consents, etc. I was NOT nice to my husband, because I told him I wasn't ready to have these babies. He looked down in my nether regions when Bekah was checking me, and said, "oh, trust me, you are SO ready!" I told him that he was NOT a Labor and Delivery Nurse!!!

Got wheeled over into the OR, and Brett got the camera, and got all suited up and ready to go. The L/D nurses and techs were getting the room set up, and the NICU nurses were getting their stations together as well. Dr Case, the OB on call came into the room, chatted with me about how we were going to deliver, then asked the nurses, "where are we with anesthesia?" My L/D nurse said, "well, she doesn't want any" .... OB said, "well, you know the 2nd baby is breech .. we have a chance that you may have to have general anesthesia to have a C section." I told her that I did not care .... I simply wanted to have my babies.

Got put up in stirrups, and after 3 good pushes, Baby A was born ..... Dr case held him up, and my husband told me we had a BOY!!! Adam Patrick Kennedy was born at 0442, 6 lb 9 oz, and 19 inches long. They wisked him over to the NICU gals, and Dr Case started checking out my belly with the U/S machine. She wanted to get a good hold of Baby B's feet, and was trying to keep the waters intact. (to prevent cord prolapse?? I have no idea) The time she spent digging around inside me was excrutiating .... all I did was scream, say "I'm sorry", and various blasphemies/expletives. I sounded worse than a sailor. The bag of waters broke, and I suppose she got ahold of his feet, because the next thing she and the nurse were yelling, was "PUSH NOW" .... a few pushes later, Baby B was born. Thomas Ethan Kennedy was born at 0448, 6 lb 3 oz, and 19 inches long. Brett went over to the warmer to be with the boys, while Dr Case sewed up some tears, and delivered the placenta. The neonatologist .... saw her so briefly I don't recall her name .. deemed the boys healthy, and no problems.

Went off to my labor recovery room, and was able to nurse Thomas well, and Adam just did some nipple licking. Thomas had to end up going to the regular nursery, due to a low temp. (stress from breech extraction?)
Adam ended up there a little bit later for low temp as well. After I got both boys back, I found out that Thomas had a low temp/low blood sugar, and ended up getting a bit of formula .... was not happy about that, but what was I supposed to do??

Had a little bit of a stressful afternoon, trying to get my nursing under way. I had a bit of trouble getting Thomas awake to nurse, and we had 800 visitors at the time. I was about ready to start crying .... I was so sleepy I could barely hold my eyes open; I was frustrated at the noise level in the room, and was feeling pretty dumb about not being able to get the baby awake. Fortunately, he finally woke up and nursed well .... actually ended up with a bit of cluster feeding.

So now ..... I am in LOVE ..... in love with my husband, my daughters, my two beautiful new sons, and my life in general. I am blessed beyond words!!

And ..... by the grace of God .... I had the kind of labor I wanted!!!!! I showed up crowning, and had my twin baby boys with no interventions!!! I rock!! My husband keeps telling me how proud he is of me, and the OB and L/D nurses were amazed. It was awesome!! I stuck to my original plan, and WE DID IT!!

I'll post pictures when I can .... something about the bandwidth here will not let me upload pics .... boo!!

Both big sisters have met the boys, and both are very happy!! I feel like a Mack truck ran over me, but in a good way!! Brett is THRILLED beyond words as well.

Many thanks to you all for your love and support throughout this wonderful, wonderful journey!!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 PM

Congratulations Dianna!!! Sounds like a very eventful but wonderful night - I'm so glad everyone is healthy and doing well.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 PM

Omigosh, omigosh, I'm crying!! You seriously do rock, Dianna!! Wow, your story is almost unbelievable, but in a good way! This is the kind of birth I want! Fast and furious is fine with me! LOL! Oh, my, can't wait to see pics!!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Congrats Dianna!!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Congrats!!!! :
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birth!
I can't wait to see pictures of your boys..
and I'm next I hope!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:01 PM

Holy cow! Not only an amazing natural twin birth (and one breech!) but those are some good sized babies! You really did a great job and should be so proud of yourself. That is one of the most inspirational birth stories I've heard of. You do rock!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 PM

Oh my gosh congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome story!!! It'd be impressive even for a single birth... but twins! You're my new hero!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM

wow....just wow! congratulations!!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 PM

Congratulations! Looking forward to pictures!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 PM

wow, I'm in awe! Well done, momma Proud to be in your DDC

and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

Old 05-15-2008, 11:47 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Way to go, Mama!!!! You completely ROCKED that birth! What an amazing, powerful birth story. Thank you so much for sharing with us... Cannot wait to see pics of your beautiful boys!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:52 PM

AHHH! I've got this big old grin on my face! I'm so excited for you and let me tell you as the pps and yourself have said, YOU ROCK!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:01 AM

Whoooo Hooooo! (I'll play a little air guitar because Yes! You do Rock!!)

I can't believe you wrote all that, Amazing! Go rest!

...And Congratulations!!! LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM

Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS! What an intense and most fabulous birth! I can't believe you woke up almost in transition! Amazing. Enjoy your new babies! Well done mama!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 AM

Congrats Mama!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:07 AM

Wow, I am so proud of you! Awesome and congratulations on your twin boys!! Woo hoo the boy count is growing.

Sooo, sooo wonderful for you. That is really all I can say! Can't wait to see photos.

jacqueline
Old 05-16-2008, 12:17 AM

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your little guys! Sounds like it went just perfectly, and you're right—you do rock!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:31 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is sooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:32 AM

Congratulations!!!

Anna ~ Mom to Ansel (6-17-08), Wife to Mac since 12-18-04, human companion to Cayley.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congratulations on the fabulous natural birth!!! Welcome to the world boys!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:52 AM

Congrats! I am so happy for you! Welcome to the world babies!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 05-16-2008, 12:55 AM

Congrats! I'm so glad it went so well! And what big boys you have!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:04 AM

WOW! You ROCK! That is so awesome. I'm so glad to hear that they are doing well. Can't wait to see pics!

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Old 05-16-2008, 01:07 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 AM

You are amazing!!!! I am so happy for you and your family!! I can not wait to see pics of those big ol' boys. : :

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Heather, mama to          
Old 05-16-2008, 01:23 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!! I am soooo HAPPY FOR YOU!!

CONGRATS! I cannot wait to see your babies!! WAY TO GO MAMA!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:29 AM

You go mama! I am soooo proud of you. Only wish I were still in Louisville to celebrate and see those beautiful baby boys. You are officially my hero! I can't wait to hear more. Make sure you get some rest while you can. And, um, email me if you want to talk tandeming. We're still at it. Love, love, love your birth story. You soooo rock! Big hugs!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What an awesome birth! Congratulations!

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10
Old 05-16-2008, 02:07 AM

I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations - and WHOOO HOO for you and your family!!! :

User Tag List