How often are you having cramps/ctx./BH...? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not that I'm complaining about this, but I find it odd that I'm 37 weeks and have hardly felt a cramp in weeks let alone had any contractions. I was getting a lot of cramping around 28-30 weeks, until I started taking an iron supplement which gave me a lot more energy and the cramping totally stopped. So now that it's getting closer to the end and I'm not feeling ANYTHING, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm taking it a little too easy lol. Well either that or this baby is going to be in there a while.

I'm curious to know how often others are feeling cramping/BH at this stage? And if you are do you feel like it means your body is getting ready to go soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Not that I'm complaining about this, but I find it odd that I'm 37 weeks and have hardly felt a cramp in weeks let alone had any contractions. I was getting a lot of cramping around 28-30 weeks, until I started taking an iron supplement which gave me a lot more energy and the cramping totally stopped. So now that it's getting closer to the end and I'm not feeling ANYTHING, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm taking it a little too easy lol. Well either that or this baby is going to be in there a while.

I'm curious to know how often others are feeling cramping/BH at this stage? And if you are do you feel like it means your body is getting ready to go soon?
I had TONS of cramping/BH until 35 weeks..even on Procardia.. and then it all seemed to stop completely. I would only get a few BH a day.. today at 37 weeks i've been absolutely miserable with tons of cramping and BH. I hope it means my body is getting ready soon.. just not tonight please! I'm baby-sitting my 12 month and 4 year old sisters.. And i'm pretty sure the 12 month old is going to wake up wanting to nurse soon.
#3 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 AM

For weeks I have a lot of menstrual type cramping in my lower back and a few BH here and there, usually when I am really active. With my first two, I just had BH and they weren't frequent.
I am sure these are doing something....but what...I don't know. I do not feel like baby is coming soon.
#4 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post

ALL. THE. TIME.

Seriously, it's so annoying.

And no - for me it doesn't mean anything is going to happen anytime soon - sigh.
#5 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 AM

When I get BX CX's (probably 5-10 day, they are very strong. If I'm reading or doing something, I have to stop, close my eyes and breathe through them. But, they're not painful. I didn't have them this strong with my previous pregnancies. In fact, I had very, very few BX CX's the last several weeks so this is new for me! I'm only hoping they're doing something!

Oh, I feel them mostly when I'm laying down and resting. Or driving (especially bumps).
#6 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 AM

I have had nothing so far with this pregnancy. With my last I woke up with about an hour of ctx for about a week before I went into labor but other than that none during either of my other two pregnancies either. I was still dialating though. I was dialated to 5 with both of my last two kids for a couple weeks before labor (so maybe I was having ctx, just didn't notice?)
#7 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 AM

I mostly get BH when I suddenly get up/move quickly after having been sitting or laying down for a while. They're not strong enough or frequent enough for me to make any sort of note of them, but I have several each day. In the mornings for the last week or so I've had some very light menstrual type cramping but it seems to go away once I get moving.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#8 of 14 Old 05-29-2008, 10:46 PM

this is my first pregnancy, im 36 weeks to my drs but 37 to myself
anyway, i started getting BH this week without any cramping, everyday at least 5x/day.. im hoping this means that things are moving along !!! it does,right it?!

Lauren- Mom to Nina 2.5 yrs. & Elaina 10 mo....our next bundle is due in June! joy.gif
#9 of 14 Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 AM

I think I have a lot...but I think I've become accustom to them so I don't notice as much... Its the one's that stop me in my tracks, or make me go to the bathroom thinking I have to go that I remember.

I wouldn't worry about it much though...

I've been more active in the last two weeks compared to my entire pregnancy and its having little affect.
#10 of 14 Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltroy View Post
I mostly get BH when I suddenly get up/move quickly after having been sitting or laying down for a while.
That's what mine were like too, when I had them. I mostly had them when I was working at the bank and constantly had to get up to go meet guests, delivery people, or go from office to office. Since I've started staying at home, they've almost disappeared completely. It makes me think that bellybean is *never* going to come out!
#11 of 14 Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 PM

I've had TONS of BHs, which started well before 30 wks. A few weeks ago I actually timed them because I was a little concerned about their frequency... I was getting 6 an hour (even after drinking a glass of water and lying down). Just to be safe, my doc checked my cvx and everything was fine. My cvx is very soft and ripe, but not at all dilated or effaced. Some women just get BHs more than others, esp if it's not their first pg.
My doc also said that early and strong bhs are not necessarily indicators that labor is imminent (unfortunately for me, I was hoping for that).
#12 of 14 Old 05-30-2008, 12:53 PM

Oh, I wish I was having more... I think I had more BH and other contractions - so this time I'm a bit bummed that they aren't coming. I also delivered DD at 39 weeks and now I am past that... (that is according to a U/S date, according to my guessed LMP - I still have time. )

So... I get occasional VERY mild B/H - they really feel like nothing much at all - I'm hoping for more, as I'm very anxious and excited to meet the new LO.
#13 of 14 Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Every 3 minutes... all day!

Christi

Wife to one Amazing man, Mom to 3 Wonderful children with #4 due in Feb

#14 of 14 Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM

Christi, do you take a magnesium/calcium supplement? You might want to, if your body is deficient it makes your muscles (ie. uterus) highly "irritable" and it will do that. I noticed it helped TREMENDOUSLY.

That said, I get a lot of BHs. They HURT. I also usually have to stop and breathe, or at least not do anything I have to focus on. I swear it's almost to the point that I can think about it and make myself have one.

But this time is about 50% less often than I got them last pg (which is a RELIEF!!). I was so sick of them last time and they hurt so much... this time I at least have more than 15 min. between them.

Sat. I was getting them every 5 min. for about 8 hours and got concerned, but they went away eventually. They don't keep me up at night like last time so I'm alright.

I have what people/providers would consider an "irritable uterus" so I take lots of BHs in stride. I feel them even when I'm not pg sometimes - so yeah, I get a lot. But it doesn't make me labor faster really or earlier.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page