Possibly going into early labor... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 37 wks today, which is exactly how far along I was with DD when I gave birth to her, so this isn't completely unexpected. The thing is, with DD I had NO impending labor signs or symptoms - I was floating along all pregnant, then I woke up one morning and felt kinda funny. Went to my scheduled OB appt, got looked at, and was TOLD that I was in labor. I just thought I had some more pressure.... didn't recognize them as regular or painful ctx at all. It obviously got more intense after that, and DD was born just 3 hours later.

So this time around, I'm feeling funny. I lost my mucous plug a couple of days ago (which I never noticed with DD), and Lil Guy dropped about a foot (slight exaggeration!) just since yesterday. I seriously have a couple inches of space between my boobs and my belly now, and didn't have any at all yesterday. Plus a plethora of other labor-y signs that just appeared today.

I have the feeling that I might be having this kiddo tomorrow. Like all of this happened to me when I was pg with DD overnight, so I slept right through the non-painful beginnings of ctx. And that this is the beginning of labor.

On the other hand, some women get these signs like weeks in advance, right?

I just have to sit and wait and guess, don't I. : Can't we just have a red button stuck in us somewhere, like a turkey tester, to tell us when we're done cookin'??

Empathy and ideas, please!
#2 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 01:00 AM

Definitely sounds like what you hear about early labor!
I never got warning signs either
I had my last at 37 wks exactly too and here I am 38wks in a couple days and feeling like I'm livin on borrowed time
Good luck to you dear! I'll be lurking around for you these next couple days
#3 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 01:29 AM

Gotta say the plug and drop can come quite a bit before. I was dropped a couple weeks both times! But it could also be tomorrow - you just never know! Are you having that last minute energy burst?
#4 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 AM

You know whats funny, all day long I thought today was the day. No contractions, just had a weird feeling. Now at 10:30 pm I just got a painful contraction while sitting doing nothing. I wonder if that feeling was right. Let you know tomorrow!

Good luck mama!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#5 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Still hanging out here. In fact, I feel almost normal today. Which disappoints me.
#6 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
I was floating along all pregnant, then I woke up one morning and felt kinda funny. Went to my scheduled OB appt, got looked at, and was TOLD that I was in labor. I just thought I had some more pressure.... didn't recognize them as regular or painful ctx at all. It obviously got more intense after that, and DD was born just 3 hours later.
This is my dream!

Sorry, Mama, I wish I had a crystal ball for all of us. I go back and forth between wanting to stay busy and wanting to sleep until I go into labor. You do have good signs though. I have nothing.
#7 of 8 Old 06-01-2008, 10:53 PM

I kind of had the same thing going on last weekend. I was terribly crampy, I'm pretty sure I lost my mucous plug (never noticed it with the last kid), baby dropped, bowels cleared, etc. But here it is a week later and I'm still pregnant.

I had my daughter at about 38 weeks last time and didn't have much warning, either. I felt fine all day, had a nice evening. I ate pizza, watched Battlestar Galactica, went to the bathroom and had bloody show (about 10:00 p.m.). About half an hour later I had my first contraction. So I'm guess I'm expecting the same thing this time, not a lot of notice.

Candace - Mama to Molly (02/06), Max (06/08) and Maggie (03/10)
#8 of 8 Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 AM

This is such a "hurry up and wait" game we play at the end. Totally drives us crazy but look on the bright side by this time next month you'll be so getting to know your baby daily

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page