June 1st-Daily update thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all....its June, we should start an update thread.

How y'all doing?

I thought for sure yesterday was the day for no known reason but I woke up this morning still pregnant I am now going to ignore that feeling if it comes again.
I am 38 weeks today.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 01:45 PM

I'm so excited it's officially June! I can't believe how fast time has gone by - and now I am ready! Maybe the new moon on the 3rd will bring some babies our way!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - we just had some fantastic oatmeal banana waffles with strawberries! :
Old 06-01-2008, 02:01 PM

Obviously still here! Having many more cx's than I've had with previous pregnancies, but no bloody show. As soon as I have that, baby will be here within 24-48 hours. Makes going to the bathroom exciting every time? LOL!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:04 PM

I'm in the any day camp! So far, though, nothing to report but lots of BH, sometimes with minor pain. And my pubic pain has reached a pretty awful state. So keep your fingers crossed for me I go on time. I had some thicker discharge the other day and got all excited. Only in a pregnancy thread would you see that. But it totally went away.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:19 PM

Today I have reached the safe zone. Meaning, if I go into labor I can go to the birth center instead of the hospital. (The center only allows 37 weeks through the end of 41st week). Today I am 37 weeks.

I got all of my final lab work back last Tuesday and everything was perfect. No gbs, thank goodness! And she even said my iron was up from the last time, even though I haven't specifically tried to do anything for it (it was acceptable before). As a long term vegetarian and 6 year vegan, I always love hearing that my iron is good.

So, despite the discomforts of heartburn, restless sleep, being big, squished stomach, swelling feet, severe distraction at work, hot flashes, am I forgetting anything? I'm happy. Now that we are term, the baby could come any day, but I'm requesting either Father's Day or Solstice.

My last day of work is June 6th- that will be wonderful.

Anna ~ Mom to Ansel (6-17-08), Wife to Mac since 12-18-04, human companion to Cayley.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:30 PM

I'd have bet money on 38 weeks, so yesterday... and here we are. Nothing.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:03 PM

I am 37w1d and pretty much NOTHING to report here. Baby isn't engaged and doesn't seem too ready yet. I would like a little bit longer anyway to prepare. DD came at 40+5 so I don't expect anything soon.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
Old 06-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Lost the mucous plug this morning, and having bloody show with mild ctx. I feel like things are petering out, which is discouraging, but I know they can pick up quickly. Still, something is happening!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:12 PM

38w4d here. My BP is really going up, so I hope this baby decides to come soon. I don't want to eat anything at all, so maybe that is a sign?

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Old 06-01-2008, 03:24 PM

I'm 36w6d today. Had my ds at 37w3d and am wishing for the same timing, but I have absolutely no signs of anything happening. Just hoping to make the time pass by quickly.

Thought things might have been getting started last night. Had pretty regular but very mild cx from about 9 until I went to sleep. Got woken up a couple times by stronger cx. But when I woke up this morning, saw it was light out and wasn't having any more cx, figured it was all just practice.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Nothing.....just really uncomfortable. Still having some contractions (BH).
Pubic pain...more like pressure.
I think I'm gonna go lay out and get some sun today.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:32 PM

I had a dream last night that I was shopping for crib sheets, and I decided to put my baby into a stroller instead of carrying her in my uterus. I kept thinking about how great she looked, full term just like a newborn should, and dreading having to put her back in. Very strange.

So I'm suffering from a cold, for the first time in well over a year. I was so happy to have avoided catching a cold throughout this pregnancy, when it seemed like everyone around me was getting sick, and here I am at 38 weeks, sick as a dog. I was hoping to have this baby ASAP, but now I'm grateful that she's staying put while I recover from this cold. I can't imagine dealing with labor while sick.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:33 PM

I've had a fair amount of discharge throughout my pregnancy. The last few weeks, I've been checking the tp when wiping to see if there's any blood or mucous. I've had none of either and now am having very little of the regular discharge. What gives?!? Does this mean anything?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:40 PM

39 weeks tomorrow. This morning was the first time I noticed low-down cramping pain w/ ctx's, and lots of pelvic floor pressure that accompanied them--definitely a bit different, and snotty mucous for the first time when I wiped...

Ugh, and the pubic pain. My pubic bone is on fire!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Elora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Eilish Neve Isebeul, 6/12/14!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM

I will officially be 37 weeks on tuesday. I am still feeling ok so I'm very gratefull for that. Dh's brother just got in from Taiwan last week and is staying with us, part of me is irritated by having company, but I really like him and it is nice to have anotehr adult around during the day. DH took the kids out today and I am trying to clean up. I am convinced this baby is going to come before my EDD but it could just be wishful thinking, so I'm trying not to think about it......lol....

Lots of BH but nothing more exciting then that.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:50 PM

38 weeks today and still here!!! I would love for her to make her grand appearance now!!!

I took a big fall yesterday after dd threw herself down in front of me in a tantrum at the park. While I was laying on the ground catching my breath all I could think is, oh thank god! Maybe this will put my into labor!

Wishful thinking
Old 06-01-2008, 03:56 PM

38w4d today for me and we're still hangin' Nothing new to report... hoping the baby will hang out for another week and then get a move on!

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Old 06-01-2008, 04:01 PM

39 weeks today. Same cramping I've had off and on the last few weeks....I went from no discharge to a teeny tiny bit...only noticable b/c I am going from nothing to something. Going to the pool today and planning on working all week....what else can we do. I should pack a bag soon tho.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:33 PM

Old 06-01-2008, 04:40 PM

: Starving. Some painful grinding sensations in my pelvis this morning. Baby nestling in?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:50 PM

Doing much better than I was when I posted my "everything bugs me post". Dd had headlice (noticed last night right before bed) so we were up late last night putting various oils in her hair...aw good times!

I am at school right now, on page 15 of a 20 page paper!!!!! I plan to finish up as much as I can today. My last day of work is also this friday and dh has his very last architectural licensing exam on Tuesday the 10th. I just walked to get some soft tacos and had some major electric zingers to the cervix! I am 37 weeks on Wednesday and so in my mind anytime after the 10th is good for me. I'd still love anothe cancer baby (silly, silly me) but a healthy term baby is way more important!!

Can't believe how close it is all getting.

Jacqueline
Old 06-01-2008, 04:53 PM

I'm due on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm miserable. Was hoping my gardening insanity of yesterday (photos in the blog) was nesting in preparation for labor last night, but no. Since my guesses for this kiddo's birthday were June 1st or June 6th, well, yeah. Guess I'm going to be a cranky mess for another week. Joy.

Had a strange labor dream though, that was a trip. If kiddo decides to come in less than 5 minutes of labor though, I'm down with that. A girl can hope. Might freak out the hubby, but I don't really care at this point as long as kiddo comes out.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM

I had to add, my dh had a dream that I had the baby. He walked in the bedroom and I said here hunny, I had the baby and just hadn't him the baby. He left the room to tell everyone out in the livingroom and there was a giant wall calender that said June 14th........

Seriously? Two more weeks? He needs to be punished for even hinting it could be that much longer!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM

36 wks tomorrow, so nowhere near labour time. MIL gets here on the 23rd, so anytime after that is good. I am really glad it's finally June, though. I'm almost ready. This week's project is assembling the materials for the homebirth kit. yay!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Great thread!!

It hit me walking down the stairs last night... June 1st... Due June 25th... thats 20 DAYS!!!

Like my math?? Thats what I thought!! I can do 20 days... I CAN'T do 30 days...

I'm SOOO excited I WILL have a April baby, a May baby and a JUNE baby...and in that age order!! LOLOLOLOLOL

OSD much!?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM

36wk1d

Feeling good over here - I owe it to an awesome pre-natal yoga class and swimming (er, I mean, floating) in the pool for 2 hours yesterday.

My due date is June 30th and I really hope that I give birth on that day. I know it's so rare to give birth on your due date, but I really don't want to go early and don't want to go late either.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

Old 06-01-2008, 07:54 PM

36wks yesterday. Not a BH contraction in sight. Lots of rolls and movement still, so I know she's still got room inside to move around. Yesterday, I had what looked like a foot sticking out of my left side for over an hour. *ouch*.

I'm...moody, on most days, weepy on bad days. Everything annoys me. DH annoys me. DSS REALLY annoys me. I sleep ok 1 night out of 2, which isn't bad. I'm getting a bit bored with being at home, but at the same time, I can't imagine being anywhere else (or working still!). I've gone swimming a few times, which has relieved the back pain, and I try to do my Hypnobabies religiously.

I'm generally lonely since I have no super close friends in Montreal; if it wasn't for MDC, I'd go nuts!

I've resigned myself to the fact that baby is another month or more away, so if she does come early, it'll be a nice surprise!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM

37 1/2 weeks... feeling really good... just huge! I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Sounds like we're all ready... just waiting! I'm getting so excited that it seems like each day just drags on.
Sending good vibes to everyone!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Kristin, I am in crazy eating mode too. The weird thing is, I am not even hungry alot of the time. I just have this mental desire to eat ALL THE TIME. Weird as I have been kindof opposite that for alot of the pregnancy.

And I had a dream last night that we went to Vegas and I caught my DH cheating on me. What is up with that?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM

Oooh, I'm glad I'm not the only one in crazed, constantly grazing, not even that hungry, eating mode. Do you think it serves some kind of function? Like making sure you have a lot of nutrition and strength before labor? Right? :-)

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow.

User Tag List