Coping ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2008, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never thought I'd have this baby early. Never thought baby would be born on his/her EDD. So, here we are. Today's my EDD. Nothing. To be expected.

My last two were 6 and 11 days late so I know what it's like to "go late". I know babies come when they come. I'm still rational about it. I know in another week, I'm no longer going to be rational.

So, meanwhile, I need coping ideas! Do we stay super busy and schedule stuff to do every day so we have stuff to look forward to? Or, do I let my schedule wane so I get bored? Dh thinks we shouldn't plan too much or baby will never come because there will always be "one more thing to do". I think he's right.

Dh is off this entire week. If baby is not born by next Monday, I'll probably send him back to work as I have a feeling this is going to be a VERY long week.

Today we're going for a long walk with our 3 year old while the older kids are at a play. Oh, and stopping for ice cream at my favorite homemade ice cream store!

Monday: All the kids are gone. I work in the morning. Dh and I are going to go out for lunch and run errands in the afternoon (housecleaner is here so no dtd'ing while we have no kids, unfortunately).

Tuesday: No plans.

Wednesday: No plans.

Thursday: Our Kindergartner's last day of school - potluck picnic. Prenatal in the afternoon.

Friday: I work in the morning. Our older 2 kids' last day of school - potluck picnic.

Saturday: I work in the afternoon. We hold a "once a trimester tea" at work where moms/babies come to learn about babywearing. I won't be doing much demonstration this time!

Sunday: My nephew's baptism/celebration.

Monday: Dh goes back to work if there's no baby.

Any ideas for us on Tuesday and Wednesday? We just have our 3 year old these two days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Swimming maybe? It feels so good when you are massively pregnant.

Any day projects around the house that can keep you busy? Anyone's bedrooms need to be reorganized?

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 06-01-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVanessa View Post
Swimming maybe? It feels so good when you are massively pregnant.

Any day projects around the house that can keep you busy? Anyone's bedrooms need to be reorganized?
I'm so done with projects! LOL! We had really hoped to have our roof done in time (we had major hail damage last fall). We need the dumpster so we can clean out our garage! But, that's not happening for a couple of more weeks.

Swimming is a good idea. We'll definitely do that one of the days. Finnley LOVES swimming and if dh is there to watch her, I can be off by myself in the deep end.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:06 PM

I second the swimming. DS and I went swimming yesterday. It felt so wonderful. I couldn't believe I had forgotten how great it felt. If I were you, I would swim both days!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:08 PM

Stay on MDC all day! Just kidding. I have been there, mama. 42 weeks and 41.5 weeks so far in the past.

I think staying busy is good as long as you are not in the mindframe of "I need to get this done before the baby comes." But your plans don't look like that. I wish I could be more active!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 PM

No ideas With my first, being a typical first timer, I thought I would have ds at 38 wks. He came about 4 days after his edd, which is right on time, but I made everyone's life a living hell for those 2.5 wks. waiting for him, lol. So, now, I tell myself I am perfectly content to stay pregnant until 42 wks. That way, I don't stress about it. It's worked so far but this pregnancy is harder. I'm kind of ready (not the house though).

I'd just keep doing what you're doing. I'm scheduling stuff in town for school and whatnot practically on my edd and after. I'm just trying to ignore the day.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:12 PM

Sounds like you have a good plan! Definitely get in the pool!!

Belly rubs mama, we'll all be reading your birth story soon!!

User Tag List